FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Should Boruc have been sent off?

Alex MacLeod

I've looked at it a few times and can see why it was only a yellow. When Dargo nodded to ball past Boruc it was going away from goal and there were also two covering defenders. However, it was a high, dangerous tackle that could have caused a seriuos injury and could (should) have been punished with a red. I do believe if that same situation had happened with Esson/Fraser or any other goalkeeper outwith the OF he would have walked.

Although deep down I believe he was considering going for the abll it was a reckless challenge, which would have resulted in 3 months in Barlinnie if it happened in the city centre. Dargo took the ball round the 'keeper and regardless of the defenders you would have expected him to score.

So it was capable of a red card not only for its recklessness but also stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity.

No OF biasedy? Aye right!

This shows how difficult a refs job is. I have seen it from all angles. From main tv angle...it looked a stonewaller. Seen from other angles, Boruc withdrew his leg and i wouldnt have sent him off. A booking at most