FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Is Barrowman our worst ever signing?

cal234ey

I always liked wee Martin, he had a great attitude! If we're talking our worst signings, Gary Farquhar would have to be right up there. We spent about three years chasing him and when we finally got him boy was he a real non-event! As The Fly has also pointed out, Paul Bradshaw was also a complete mistake. We should never have gone near him. Barrowman has a long way to fall before he matches up to either of those two(!)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

djebi - zadi are worse?

Yes

can you please refrain from using "Txt Speak" on the forums, thanks.

Haha, i guess you never seen my earliest posts :rotflmao:

Far to early to tell, has he been a worse signing than Dean MacDonald? In defence of Brew every manager has made bad signings

True even the great steve Paterson. Who could forget the likes of Vetle Andersen, Wayne Addicoat and Marco de Barros ?

Here! I rated him!!

Sandy Robertson, I thought he was guff. It may have been my expectations were to high in the first place though.

Barrowman is a goal scorer playing in a team that doesn't really create. We need people like morias who create for themselves. At the moment Michael Owen doesn't look to good but, if he played for Arsenal, I reckon he would look a hell of a lot better! Barrowman would need to play this way for another season to be our worst ever player.........

While Niculae may not have scored enough goals in his time here there were plenty of times when he showed what a quality player he was. He got several assists as well throughout the season, he always had a trick or two in his locker and he did enough to merit a place in his national side for EURO 2008.

While he his wages proved to be a much debated topic during his stay there is no doubt that he brought a big presence to the team.

Edited by ajsict92

Guest Muir-Jaggie

While Niculae may not have scored enough goals in his time here there were plenty of times when he showed what a quality player he was. He got several assists as well throughout the season, he always had a trick or two in his locker and he did enough to merit a place in his national side for EURO 2008.

While he his wages proved to be a much debated topic during his stay there is no doubt that he brought a big presence to the team.

Did Niculae no bring money into the club when he was at the euros???

So by showing he was a quality player justifies him? He was bought to score goals, and he didn't. In fact, didn't Don Cowie out score him that season?

Euro 2008 aside (where he didn't make an impact at all) he didn't really do much.

Sandy Robertson, I thought he was guff. It may have been my expectations were to high in the first place though.

Barrowman is a goal scorer playing in a team that doesn't really create. We need people like morias who create for themselves. At the moment Michael Owen doesn't look to good but, if he played for Arsenal, I reckon he would look a hell of a lot better! Barrowman would need to play this way for another season to be our worst ever player.........

You've hit the nail on the head there. Barrowman needs to be given the ball to score (preferably in the box) and we have little, if any creativity, in the side just now. He doesn't run around like a headless chicken a la Imrie so is branded lazy and struggles to win much in the air against much bigger defenders when we hoof the ball forward. He's pretty much on a hiding to nothing just now

:rotflmao:

completely agree, a lot of the time Barrowman is being asked to receive long high balls with his back to goal and that doesnt suit him. Barrowman is most effective in the box as a poacher and can hit the target when the ball is played in quickly behind the defence as he showed in the first game against Aberdeen.

As has been mentioned before it takes players time to settle in to the SPL and i think we need to give hime to to adjust. I have faith he will come good in the end.

the criticism he has been getting is unfair given the amount of time he has been given in the team and as long as he is an ICT player we should support him rather that berate him.

I think our 3 worst have been loan signings. Fetai, David Graham and the wost of them all Gregg Hood! Please tell me someone remembers this guy. He played 3 or 4 games in the 2nd division i think it was. Easily the slowest and worst player i've ever seen!

What's always baffled me is that Barrowman is allegedly on a very similar financial package as Marius was on. Doesn't make sense when you consider that ICT told us Marius had to be let go for financial reasons.

I think the truth probably lies closer to the fact that ICT saw the chance to make a quick buck from punting Marius, but then proceeded to make a right royal mess of the whole thing. We then allowed Barrowman to hold us to ransom because we'd stripped out all the strikers from the team and had very few options left towards the end of the window.

No, Niculae showed that he was once a good player. We all saw occaisonally trickery and moments of genius, but nowt hugely special.

I think Niculae was our worst ever signing. Regardless of what people think about him as a player, a lot of the recent problems that the club have had can be traced back to that signing. Charlie's resignation, dressing room unrest, boardroom power struggles. We gave away 12% of the club to sign the guy for feck sake!

You've hit the nail on the head there. Barrowman needs to be given the ball to score (preferably in the box) and we have little, if any creativity, in the side just now. He doesn't run around like a headless chicken a la Imrie so is branded lazy and struggles to win much in the air against much bigger defenders when we hoof the ball forward. He's pretty much on a hiding to nothing just now

:rotflmao:

completely agree, a lot of the time Barrowman is being asked to receive long high balls with his back to goal and that doesnt suit him. Barrowman is most effective in the box as a poacher and can hit the target when the ball is played in quickly behind the defence as he showed in the first game against Aberdeen.

As has been mentioned before it takes players time to settle in to the SPL and i think we need to give hime to to adjust. I have faith he will come good in the end.

the criticism he has been getting is unfair given the amount of time he has been given in the team and as long as he is an ICT player we should support him rather that berate him.

absolutely spot on..... we could have Van Nistelrooy, Boyd or Barrowman... and it wouldn't make much difference to us because they do their best work in the 6 yard box and unfortunately we are lucky if we get into the opponents half never mind the box. I would like to see him play upfront with Morais or Imrie playing in behind him doing the build up work and see if he can pick up some goals

but is he our worst signing?? so far, possibly but he still has 2 years to prove his worth