FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

where is Inverness?

Drochit Blue

(feel free to call me thick but.......)

((and bearing in mind I do have a degree in Geography!))

....for purposes of a job application with Scottish National Heritage Inverness is considered 'East Highland'.....if anything I'd have said 'North Highland'?

....for the weather forecast on the telly, from BBC in London we are 'North Scotland'...ok, don't have a problem with that

....for the weather forecast on the telly, from BBC Scotland we are 'Highlands' or sometimes 'Moray Firth area' but 'North' seems to mean anything past Perth to them in Glasgow?

we're obv not West Coast for anything ('cept for all those Caley fans travelling from Portree)

Are we North or East Scotland?

Confused......might have to ask a really clear thinker......p'raps Brew :rotflmao:

....for purposes of a job application with Scottish National Heritage Inverness is considered 'East Highland'.....if anything I'd have said 'North Highland'?

....for the weather forecast on the telly, from BBC in London we are 'North Scotland'...ok, don't have a problem with that

....for the weather forecast on the telly, from BBC Scotland we are 'Highlands' or sometimes 'Moray Firth area' but 'North' seems to mean anything past Perth to them in Glasgow?

we're obv not West Coast for anything ('cept for all those Caley fans travelling from Portree)

Confused......might have to ask a really clear thinker......p'raps Brew :rotflmao:

Inverness is the capital of the Scottish Highlands, and is geographically roughly in the centre of that region/area.

Everything else is either north, south, east or west of our illustrious capital city...

And to think I failed my geography "O" Level..!!

Bottom!

It certainly wasn't a degree in English you got.

Reminds me of when I was working for Financial Advisers in Inverness. It was the day before the deadline for submitting PEP applications and investment company came on the phone asking if we could nip out and collect some forms from a client and fax it through so it could be processed in time. Not a problem I said, what's the address........the clients in Stornoway, but they said they can meet you in Lerwick or Sumburgh, so you just need to nip across in the boat!!!

The person (a Londoner) on the other end of the phone seemed confused when I said that I wouldn't be able to make it there that day, let alone get there and back in time to process the investment. According to her, it couldn't be any more than a couple of hours trip.

Only after the conversation had gone on for a bit did I realise she was looking at an AA Road Map which was showing Shetland as being in a box just off the coast from Fraserburgh.

A couple of weeks ago the ITN evening news had the story of that nurse found in the boot of a car in Airdrie. So they show a map of central Scotland, with a big dot labelled Airdrie......right where St Andrews is. The mind boggles.

Classic. To be fair if I was Londoner I wo.... nah, I'd still know.

Inverness is East coast, so East Highland is fair. North East Highlands would be Caithness and Sutherland. North is too general, and Moray firth wouldnt help anyone find it.

New name for ICT....East Highland United.

Classic. To be fair if I was Londoner I wo.... nah, I'd still know.

Inverness is East coast, so East Highland is fair. North East Highlands would be Caithness and Sutherland. North is too general, and Moray firth wouldnt help anyone find it.

New name for ICT....East Highland United.

...thanks...if i'm ever asked again I think it'll just say it's 'the home of football'