FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who will be the 3 candidates?

Tichy_Blacks_Back

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That P&J article is nothing more than little bits from each of te sunday papers cut and pasted. lazy journalism at its best.

Or worst. Thanks Alex. Still have fingers crossed for Robbo, even if the board did attempt to poison his lunch.

AND he's going to buy the Heathmount as well :rotflmao:

Robbo closes his bar

That P&J article is nothing more than little bits from each of te sunday papers cut and pasted. lazy journalism at its best.

Or worst. Thanks Alex. Still have fingers crossed for Robbo, even if the board did attempt to poison his lunch.

AND he's going to buy the Heathmount as well :rotflmao:

Robbo closes his bar

Not a chance. Fiona won't sell.

To be honest it is surprising we are still having this debate as normally by now everyone knows who the manager is and just waiting for it to be confirmed by the club

I aint too bothered who gets the up out of (Robbo, Knox or Butcher) but if it was someone who got it i wldnt be surprised

Well if it is to be those three candidates then my preference would be:

1 Robertson

2 Knox

3 Butcher

:rotflmao:

My preference would be; Knox

Robertson

Butcher

That said, assuming Butcher can devote the lion's share of his time to the club, all are worthwhile candidates.

Well if it is to be those three candidates then my preference would be:

1 Robertson

2 Knox

3 Butcher

:rotflmao:

My preference would be; Knox

Robertson

Butcher

That said, assuming Butcher can devote the lion's share of his time to the club, all are worthwhile candidates.

Thats my only worry with Butcher getting the job would he devote must of his time to the club

Selling Robbos will allow him to devote all his time and energies to managing a football club... :rotflmao:

He didn't actually run the bar.

Selling Robbos.....

Shut it down sadly, couldn't even find a buyer. I'd guess that he paid a 6 figure sum for it, although he should have comfortably recouped that over the years when it was trading profitably.

Reading the article again I get the impression they didn't even try to sell it. Lease was up so they decided not to renew.

I'm another who's happy with all three candidates. Or even a dream team of two from three!

I cant see the the money being at place for two of the three but you never know and surely the assistant would have to be knox or butcher as cant see robbo wanting to be assistant

I could see Robbo as assistant. Allows him to stay in Inverness, whilst building his reputation as a coach to the board. It's also not easy to get back in to football, so better a coach than Orion's PR or whatever. Especially if, in Butcher's case, he'll probably not be there for years to come, or, with knox, he maybe looking to retirement sooner rather than later.

Who knows about the money.

I'm another who's happy with all three candidates. Or even a dream team of two from three!

I cant see the the money being at place for two of the three but you never know and surely the assistant would have to be knox or butcher as cant see robbo wanting to be assistant

I might be on the wrong site, but I remember the Heathmount being owned by Bud ? Cameron !! I remember!!1 he had retired and poddled to watch the old Jags after a few sniffters, so what happened to the Heathmount after ???

Anybody but Sutton (well maybe not Brew).

His man-management style would not suit our players or the supporters. I have personal experience of his communication style from down here in the Norfolk cricketing world and I just can't see it working at TCS.

Guest mrjamaca40

DOes anyone else it is a backward step going with robbo look how bad it was when brewster left to go and manage someone else he was rubbish same as robbo i believe it would definetly mean religation if we took robbo back we need fresh faces at caley

DOes anyone else it is a backward step going with robbo look how bad it was when brewster left to go and manage someone else he was rubbish same as robbo i believe it would definetly mean religation if we took robbo back we need fresh faces at caley

Yes, I think it would be a mistake to reappoint Robbo. You'd think we'd learned that lesson by now. Although my own candidate isn't in the likely short list, I'd like to see the club show some more ambition than the 'easy' option of Robbo.

Why was Robbo 'rubbish' when he left?

In November 2004 he returned to Hearts as head coach and despite two cup semi-finals and a good season in Europe as well as finishing 5th in the league, he was sacked in May 2005. He was appointed manager of Scottish First Division team Ross County in June 2005, but left by mutual consent after four months, after being asked to sack 8 players immediately despite being told at start of season that clubs finances were fine and not under threat he left rather than having to sack the players as he felt let down by the Ross County chairman.

He was appointed manager of Livingston in February 2006,. Robertson was sacked by Livingston in April 2007 after finishing 6th in the First Division.

He was appointed by League of Ireland side Derry City in July 2007.He took club out of the relegation battle to a safe mid table position and also won the FAI League Cup and qualified for the prestigous Setanta cup

The above has been cut and pasted from Wikipedia. The language used in the article serves to persaude the reader that Robbo's managerial record has been successful. However, the cold, hard stats show that since leaving us in 2004, Robbos's record is variable and the jury is still out on Robbo the manager.

I'm not saying that facts tell us everything, because the context of those stats are very important, but phrases like "the prestigous Setanta Cup" and "a good season in Europe", don't provide that context, they simply cloud the issue further.

The above has been cut and pasted from Wikipedia. The language used in the article serves to persaude the reader that Robbo's managerial record has been successful. However, the cold, hard stats show that since leaving us in 2004, Robbos's record is variable and the jury is still out on Robbo the manager.

I'm not saying that facts tell us everything, because the context of those stats are very important, but phrases like "the prestigous Setanta Cup" and "a good season in Europe", don't provide that context, they simply cloud the issue further.

Lets face it unless we take a new untried Manager,or we are going to get Alex Ferguson whoever comes in is hardly going to have an unblemished managerial record.

Lets face it unless we take a new untried Manager,or we are going to get Alex Ferguson whoever comes in is hardly going to have an unblemished managerial record.

Even then, Alex Ferguson does not have an unblemished record...