FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who will be the 3 candidates?

Tichy_Blacks_Back

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbo, give Sutton the respect the man is due and appoint him Number 2 with CC and Barry as the back room staff......

I don't think it will be Robbo. How About Knox and / or Frail.

Ive hurd that Knox is a bit of a bully and lets face it theres a reson hes avalible just now..... think he'd be the wrong Chracter fot ICT

correct me if i'm wrong but hasn't butcher ruled himself out of the job??

I thought that too. Due to Scotland plus punditry.

I also thought this and thats why i was surprised to see in the papers today he is favourite and looks like getting it would still prefer robbo and barry

Edited by caleyrule

1. Butcher

2. Knox

3. Robbo

It would be great to have someone with a bit of spirit and passion like Butcher in charge, especially when the first game is against the tims. If it's Butcher, make sure the doors have reinforced hinges :rotflmao:

Forgive me for being dense ..... but what does he actually do on Setanta ? Is it the Sunday SPL games or does it involve midweek games ?

If its just the Sunday games, then dont see a problem with it as most weeks the players and coaches will have Sunday off. If it means committments throughout the week then that will be a problem as I agree that the job has to be a bit more than a part time hobbyjob. the Scotland job is not a huge concern as SPL games are usually cancelled for Scotland games and there is a chance we could benefit, either by getting the odd player into the squad or by him identifying good up and coming players who might come to ICT .......

Forgive me for being dense ..... but what does he actually do on Setanta ? Is it the Sunday SPL games or does it involve midweek games ?

If its just the Sunday games, then dont see a problem with it as most weeks the players and coaches will have Sunday off. If it means committments throughout the week then that will be a problem as I agree that the job has to be a bit more than a part time hobbyjob. the Scotland job is not a huge concern as SPL games are usually cancelled for Scotland games and there is a chance we could benefit, either by getting the odd player into the squad or by him identifying good up and coming players who might come to ICT .......

If he is ever to be absent form training because of f****** setanta he should not get the job. :rotflmao:

Knox has so much experience, I would like us to get him. But at the same time, I don't know if he'd want to stay with a Division 1 club, and I think that's where we may be heading. I know people can point to him being an assistant manager but I've heard he did well at Dundee before Fergie snapped him up. Aside from spectacular success with Aberdeen, Rangers and Man U, I don't think he did as bad as people may think at Everton - and they're my English club! At the time, Walter Smith both kept us in the EPL and made a profit. Moyes has done terrificly well but he's had different pressures and I don't think anyone could have made it into Europe whilst having to make a few million at the same time.

Also, Knox has been helping out rookie managers since then. He's not really had a long run (especially with Bolton and Blackburn, where he was probably still on emergency tax) but I thought Gough and Knox did well with a mad chairman at Livi.

Despite this, I'd be happy with either Knox or Robbo. If Butcher isn't fully committed, at least until the summer, then it's bye-bye (IMHO).

Yes with Malpas as assistant, would be delighted with that. :rotflmao:

I would imagine that being allowed to appoint Malpas as assistant would be one of his stipulations for agreeing to take the job. I would have thought it could have been a stumbling block after Malpas allegedly* made a t*t of himself when interviewed for the job last time. Have to say I would be pretty happy with Butcher. Setanta would only take up Sundays as he is pundit for the live game and being Scotland assistant could actually be beneficial to the clubs profile and potential for players to be capped.

*although confirmed by more than one source

Edited by Hiro

butcher yes,malpas please no,i would rather not have butcher if it meant he took malpas with him

butcher yes,malpas please no,i would rather not have butcher if it meant he took malpas with him

Aye alright, we heard you the first time.

Aye alright, we heard you the first time.

sorry sites been playing up for me all day and having major prblems posting,i have e-mailed admin about it

Mate texted this afternoon to say Butcher was at Dalcross heading back down to London.

Just got an update to say he ended up sitting next to him on the flight and the big fella was giving nothing away.

More to follow when I get hold of him this evening.

Edited by ymip