FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who will be the 3 candidates?

Tichy_Blacks_Back

Beat me to it - i just got the same smoke signals. Thankfully I am informed that it still allows him to keep on the Scotland job as well.

Yes and if what I heard is correct can keep the tv work until the end of season, if he keeps us up he will stay and tv work will go

Stevico :

Will you be making an "official" announcement on here soon?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat me to it - i just got the same smoke signals. Thankfully I am informed that it still allows him to keep on the Scotland job as well.

Yes and if what I heard is correct can keep the tv work until the end of season, if he keeps us up he will stay and tv work will go

Stevico :

Will you be making an "official" announcement on here soon?

:thumb04: :rotflmao:

No mate just telling like I heard it but like I said on previous thread just hearsay at moment

any word whose gonna be number 2.

He is not confirmed yet so doubt anyone will know his number 2, at moment it is just hearsay that he has the job

Assuming he gets to chose his guy it will almost certainly be Malpas.

aye maybe but is it not just motherwell they have worked together at? malpas has been his own man since too. i thought we might see a surprise number 2 but we'll soon see anyway

aye maybe but is it not just motherwell they have worked together at? malpas has been his own man since too. i thought we might see a surprise number 2 but we'll soon see anyway

That's right - Malpas has just been booted out of Swindon where he was described by their support as the worst manager they ever had....

i'm worried that the job won't be butchers no1 priority! surely when scotland have games coming up he'll have one eye on that game. i'm goin to give him every backing(if indeed he does get the job) but i fear.... please prove me wrong butcher.

Nothing more to report from my man on the Gatwick flight. Poor Butcher was slumming it on sleazyjet and our roving reporter was too polite to quiz him - polite chit-chat being order of the day. Bit strange him heading home tonight if they're planning an announcement tomorrow.

What he didn't use Flybe - must have paid for the flight himself?

PS - does this mean we will see English flags next Saturday at Caledonian Stadium (or would those be offensive to some.... :rotflmao: )

That's right - Malpas has just been booted out of Swindon where he was described by their support as the worst manager they ever had....

i don't think malpas is a god manager but a decent no 2 :rotflmao:

i'm worried that the job won't be butchers no1 priority! surely when scotland have games coming up he'll have one eye on that game. i'm goin to give him every backing(if indeed he does get the job) but i fear.... please prove me wrong butcher.

Just trying to think of other managers that have successfully combined International duties with club managment there must be few?

Just trying to think of other managers that have successfully combined International duties with club managment there must be few?

i done it in champ manager and done a bloody good job, but apart from that i'm struggling to think.

Sammy Lee. Great Ass't Manager at both International & Club Level, but when he wa given a Club Mangers job (Bolton) he rightfullly stepped down from his International role (or did Capello give him the boot - cant remember). I would hope TB did the same (if appointed)

Sammy Lee. Great Ass't Manager at both International & Club Level, but when he wa given a Club Mangers job (Bolton) he rightfullly stepped down from his International role (or did Capello give him the boot - cant remember). I would hope TB did the same (if appointed)

As the Scotland job apparently earns him 100k a year I would imagine he will try to keep that also

"How much do you want the job"

Clearly not enough to dedicate myself to it whole-heartedly!

George Burley: "Terry, you guys are playing Falkirk this weekend, can you keep an eye on Darren Barr, especially when ICT have the ball, not sure if he has the positional sense to play at international level?"

TB, after weighing up his wage packets of ?100,000 at the SFA, and ?80,000 at ICT, gladly agrees and instructs Malpas to keep an eye on what we are doing when going forward.

I vote for Knox!

Edited by FourFourTwo

when is the announcement

Some kind of announcement due tomorrow

so by what every1 is sayin. butcher has basically got the job i'm taking it??

Looks kind of likely, but I believe there are 1 or 2 issues to resolve before an appointment is made. Talks still ongoing this evening it would seem. I'm sure it's just a few minor details (like relocating).