FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who will be the 3 candidates?

Tichy_Blacks_Back

when is the announcement

Some kind of announcement due tomorrow

so by what every1 is sayin. butcher has basically got the job i'm taking it??

Looks kind of likely, but I believe there are 1 or 2 issues to resolve before an appointment is made. Talks still ongoing this evening it would seem. I'm sure it's just a few minor details (like relocating).

Wants to keep his Scotland job, TV work and might be an issue with relocating, he sounds commited

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had read that Grassa and whoever else conducted interviews questioned applicants commitment to the cause of keeping ICT in the spl. If Terry Butchers juggling between his international duty then he is not the man for ICT if thats the case. Knox is the man of my choice.

Edited by ajsict92

I think that would be an insult

Robbo as Butcher's assistant?

It's not as daft as it sounds.... Robbo's already here... he knows and gets on well with all the players.

If it wasn't going to work out with Butcher, what with all his other committments, Robbo would be well placed to take over from him.

It's gotta be worth thinking about.

No it wouldnt. Im sure he would count himself very very fortunate to get a job back in football at a club he supposedly loves.

Anyway, i wouldnt want him back at the club, and i wish people would stop posting who managers should appoint as their assistant. Im tired reading that Pele, Dunc, CC, Barry etc etc should all have roles at the club. Lose the 'jobs for the boys' mentality.

Yes, we would all rather have someone who had a 'love for the club' but football doesnt work like this. Get the best man in for the job, and let him appoint the man he feels will best support him doing his job.

No it wouldnt. Im sure he would count himself very very fortunate to get a job back in football at a club he supposedly loves.

Anyway, i wouldnt want him back at the club, and i wish people would stop posting who managers should appoint as their assistant. Im tired reading that Pele, Dunc, CC, Barry etc etc should all have roles at the club. Lose the 'jobs for the boys' mentality.

Yes, we would all rather have someone who had a 'love for the club' but football doesnt work like this. Get the best man in for the job, and let him appoint the man he feels will best support him doing his job.

Butcher might be delighted to have Robbo as his assistant... and I agree that Robbo would be very pleased to get a job back in football again.

the guardian are reporting butcher will be offered the job after the board picked him as the preferred candidate tonight.he met fraser and bennett today and will bring malpas as number 2. contract till end of season. should be announced tomorow they say. really must learn how to do those linky things :rotflmao:

Butcher might be delighted to have Robbo as his assistant... and I agree that Robbo would be very pleased to get a job back in football again.

Maybe. But who are we, and by that I mean ICT, to decide. Let the Manager pick his own right hand man. Couldnt care who the assistant is, as long as the manager trusts him.

So if Butcher turns it down the job goes to Robertson....so Butcher has not actually said yes yet - so I guess he will confirm either yes or no tomorrow morning....interesting article....

I would question that as Robbo hasnt actually been interviewed

Edited as just found out I was wrong about that.

Edited by stevico1

So if Butcher turns it down the job goes to Robertson....so Butcher has not actually said yes yet - so I guess he will confirm either yes or no tomorrow morning....interesting article....

So if Robertson has never been interviewed then all the major paper stories are wrong including this one...s**t Sutton will probably turn up tomorrow.... :rotflmao:

And I doubt very much if he's ever likely to be...

He was interviewed by Grassa/Fraser lunchtime Friday at Dunain Park Hotel. For whatever reason, he did not want to mention this on-air on Saturday.

If he doesn't want to be a full-time 100% committed manager of Caley Thistle then Butcher should be told to take a running jump.

If this turns out to be the end game then Grassa and the board have messed it up again. Wouldn't surprise me one bit given their track record.

If this is true then it is great news.

And stop this nonsense about being the assistant manager of a team that plays 5 or 6 games a year being a bad thing. Him being the national team assistant is a good thing for us.

If he says yes then I really do think he and Maurice Mispass can keep us up.