FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Aberdeen Roll Call

DornochJAGGIE

Guest Mahonio

there is gona be a minutes silence before the game as a mark of respect for the people who died when a helicopter crashed into the north sea.

All i can say on this is: Please respect this and don't boo or anything bad ok.

I think i can probably trust you all because this was a terrible tragedy.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

there is gona be a minutes silence before the game as a mark of respect for the people who died when a helicopter crashed into the north sea.

Why would someone boo :rotflmao: why would anyone even do something like that

Why would someone boo :rotflmao: why would anyone even do something like that

They may not 'boo' but they may shout 'Came on Caley' as they came up the steps into the seated area, without realising that the silence is in progress. That is all! A reminder does not go wrong and is not meant as a slight on anyone.

Of all the supports traveling to matches, I would think we have the most responsible and the silence for this sad accident will be totally observed, by both sets of supporters, in my opinion.

The Red Ultras have gone further and have visuals made to show their sorrow.

The minutes silence will be announced over the tannoy so everyone - including fans making their way to their seats will be aware of it.

I would be very surprised if this silence wasn't observed by every single supporter - irrespective of which team they might support.

Does anyone know if a minutes silence has been requested at every Scottish ground?

Guest birdog

I think the minute silent reflection will be totally respected, and rightly so but does no one else think that it is a little over the top to have a minute silence for this? None of these men were footballers, none of these men were affiliated to either football club in any way apart from the fact that two or three of them may have been Aberdeen supporters.

I have the greatest sympathy and empathy for the families involved but a minute silence at a football match is taking things too far.

I think the minute silent reflection will be totally respected, and rightly so but does no one else think that it is a little over the top to have a minute silence for this? None of these men were footballers, none of these men were affiliated to either football club in any way apart from the fact that two or three of them may have been Aberdeen supporters.

I have the greatest sympathy and empathy for the families involved but a minute silence at a football match is taking things too far.

Nonsense!!

Maybe you don't appreciate how many lives were touched by this accident, here in Aberdeen.

The pebble in the pond syndrome. Whilst the biggest effect(loss) is in the centre where the pebble hits, the ripples go out to so many more.

My 11am appointment, the day following the accident, was cancelled, by a very tearful mother of the client, on the accident day, who informed me that her son had been unable to get on to the fateful chopper!! The tears were relief!!

As I stated in an earlier post, just check out the Ultras tomorrow to see the depth of feeling here.

Maybe it has passed by Inverness but Aberdeen is still hurting.

:thumb04: :018: Not heard that for a while but aye. Few beers will be had. That trip to the Livi game all those years ago was obviously enough for you to see the light. See you on the train....

:rotflmao: haha. oh aye i remember that game 4-3 or something. aye cya soon.

Aye hopefully tomorrow we'll exercise your Tim demons for good, and your ManU ones too!

Guest birdog

Nonsense!!

Maybe you don't appreciate how many lives were touched by this accident, here in Aberdeen.

The pebble in the pond syndrome. Whilst the biggest effect(loss) is in the centre where the pebble hits, the ripples go out to so many more.

My 11am appointment, the day following the accident, was cancelled, by a very tearful mother of the client, on the accident day, who informed me that her son had been unable to get on to the fateful chopper!! The tears were relief!!

As I stated in an earlier post, just check out the Ultras tomorrow to see the depth of feeling here.

Hold on just a minute there, I am well aware of the perils of the sea and the worry that families go through during times like these. I just think that having a minute silence for victims of an accident which has very little to do with the teams involved is taking things a little too far, people die in accidents in teams' catchment areas every week, why not a minute silence before every match to remember victims of all accidents everywhere?

Guest birdog

I think the silence is just being held for this accident due to the enormity of it with over a dozen lives being lost it's a massive tragedy, especially as the workers had no bearing on the outcome.

Fair enough.

Nonsense!!

Hold on just a minute there, I am well aware of the perils of the sea and the worry that families go through during times like these. I just think that having a minute silence for victims of an accident which has very little to do with the teams involved is taking things a little too far, people die in accidents in teams' catchment areas every week, why not a minute silence before every match to remember victims of all accidents everywhere?

I'm sorry we differ on something so tragic but that's life. It would not do if we all agreed all the time.

I have no doubts had this been a party of school children coming home from a trip, a silence would still have been held.

If it were 22 seperate road accidents? I take your point.

Anyway the tribute was fitting, the silence unbroken and I do think the Ultras display was excellent.