Chopping And Changing

Wasnt it feckin refreshing to see a manager set up a team from a tactical perspective, clearly showing that the opposition and been well and truly sussed out.

I would be the first to admit that I would prefer to have a settled team going into the last four games but I have more faith than ever that Butcher has really sussed out the squad and is putting out teams to either play against the opposition weaknesses or to counter their threats and/or our weaknesses.

Pairing Munro and Tokely may well have been becos of Pavels injury but does that look effective or what.

Playing Imrie against Camara was a match winner - Playing Royster against Dorman and to cover for the impeyuous Zadi did the trick - well almost.

Kerr and Black look like a pairing made in heaven.

But Barrowman up front - sorry - I dont understand that - I would have played Rooney in the absence of Morais - but what the hell - we all cant be perfect. :rotflmao:

Another thread but his selection and formation next week will be very interesting - Shackle McCarthy and get the first goal must be high on the list - or am I missing summat ?

I agree it is refreshing that TB and MM did their homework for yesterday's game but...

Barrowman worked his socks off yesterday and is worth persevering with......

Rooney for me is way too lightweight for these remaining fixtures.

It's power, strength and stamina we need just now - in abundance...

Edited by Johnboy

Wasnt it feckin refreshing to see a manager set up a team from a tactical perspective, clearly showing that the opposition and been well and truly sussed out.

I would be the first to admit that I would prefer to have a settled team going into the last four games but I have more faith than ever that Butcher has really sussed out the squad and is putting out teams to either play against the opposition weaknesses or to counter their threats and/or our weaknesses.

Pairing Munro and Tokely may well have been becos of Pavels injury but does that look effective or what.

Playing Imrie against Camara was a match winner - Playing Royster against Dorman and to cover for the impeyuous Zadi did the trick - well almost.

Kerr and Black look like a pairing made in heaven.

But Barrowman up front - sorry - I dont understand that - I would have played Rooney in the absence of Morais - but what the hell - we all cant be perfect. :rotflmao:

Another thread but his selection and formation next week will be very interesting - Shackle McCarthy and get the first goal must be high on the list - or am I missing summat ?

Rooney was a headless chicken when he came on.... plenty of endeavour but no real thought behind any of his moves. Barrowman deserves a bit more credit, he held the ball up well and always looked busy but he is definitely a striker lacking in confidence

You slated Brew for putting wingers on the opposite wing from there preferred foot :thumb04:

Fair play to Tel though, he had it absolutely spot on yesterday

Barrowman was ok on Saturday and as Johnboy mentioned he is worth a run in the team for the final few games i think. Morais would be more effective out wide anyway, as would Dougie who also had an excellent game.

What i will say is that Butcher has injected some confidence into lesser players which is a reflection on what sort of a manager we have....a good one.

Edited by ajsict92

Yes Hairy I applaud Butcher fer playing Imrie on the wrong foot but it was clearly a shrewd tactic from the off - Morais would have murdered Camara though and if we had Morais on the rite and Imrie on the left it would have been even more interesting and would have given Barrowman and Foran more opportunity to play on the last man and get into the box where thaey are at their most dangerous.

Camara just was clueless when Dougie cut inside and I was amazed that midden did little to counter it until Camara was hooked. With Royster on the left there was never a real chance of Imrie swopping - with Morais that would have happened. Royster was monitoring Dorman and protecting Zadi.

Yes Hairy I applaud Butcher fer playing Imrie on the wrong foot but it was clearly a shrewd tactic from the off - Morais would have murdered Camara though and if we had Morais on the rite and Imrie on the left it would have been even more interesting and would have given Barrowman and Foran more opportunity to play on the last man and get into the box where thaey are at their most dangerous.

Camara just was clueless when Dougie cut inside and I was amazed that midden did little to counter it until Camara was hooked. With Royster on the left there was never a real chance of Imrie swopping - with Morais that would have happened. Royster was monitoring Dorman and protecting Zadi.

:thumb04: :rotflmao:

I agree with all of that :018: