FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Football Manager 2006 - keep it all in here!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needing someone a bit better than dargo and johnson is an out and out striker.

i have a young striker anyway that cost me 900K and is fantastic. Name something like Tchite from eastern europe only 21, scored 13 in 15. just needing some new wingers cause January transfer window is coming up.

Get a guy called Ivankeno - I think that's his name. He is meant to be one of these wonder kids.

I have a Tottenham game going as well. I will post stuff tomorrow when I get some work done to merit wasting time on the net.

I managed to get wee Shaun Maloney for next to nothing, he was out of favour and coming to the end of his contract. Doing a fantastic job with my ICT team.

Nik Besagno from somewhere in the US is a braw young centre back, as is Pique in the Man Utd Reserves, but get them quick 'cos after a couple of seasons they'll only be interested in big money moves. I also managed to acquire Guti, Paul Hartley, Lee Miller, Paco Palencia and Alan Hutton, after 4 quite successful seasons. Just keep firing offers at them and eventually they'll get so pi$$ed off they'll give in! :D

I would to am extent argue that tevez is worth it but sivok is one of these players who costs very little but is as good as all the £20 and £30 mill players in his position. My striker of choice when i have the money to splash is Podolski. Set you back £20 mill but is brill 8)

Does anyone else have trouble with players signing contracts? I can never get anyone to sign a new deal on my ICT game even when I offer them double what their asking for. Also selling players is impossible no teams seem to beable to offer more money than me even premiership side :?

The player is called Iakovenko Ross - Ukranian AMFLC - I'll post screenshots in a minute of my team and I'll do one of him later on the day :)

Just copied and pasted my post fom P & B.

These are some screenshots from my Spurs game. Nearing the end of season 2006-07 and the game is pretty good. I am doing okay, sitting 5th (IIRC) and finding it hard to break the strangle hold of the top 4 places occupied by the big teams of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool (Cisse is far too good!). I play a 4 - 4 - 2 and score loads of goals but concede a fair few as well. Huth is coming in from Chelsea to try and strengthen my back line.

Got loads of money from selling a fair few fringe players (got about £5 million for some Moroccan lad) and also my board have backed me as I continue to surpass their expectations allowing me to bring in players like Tevez, Guarin, Delgado, Rafinha, Cicinho (error prone!!!). Snapped up some of the games promising young players like Spurs would do including Iakovenko who is starting for me in the left wing role and Vierahina (spelling?) a young attacking midfielder right who keeps out Lennon but Aaron has come back in recently to do a good job for me. Best buy for me has to be either Mido - scores loads of goals for me - or Zonneveld, a D/ML who has a mean set piece scoring rate - he is the guy that is covered up by the 'View Rieto Zieglers profile' in the first screenshot. Also Rafinha has played well and chips in with some headers.

Andy Reid was complaining about a lack of first team football and losing his place to the young Ukraniain so I told him to bog off and he requested a transfer! :lol:

Click

Squad Pt. 1

Click

Squad Pt. 2

Click

League table from last season

Click

League table so far this season

Click

Last game I played and the formation

Click

105 games this season? :lol:

Does anyone else have trouble with players signing contracts? I can never get anyone to sign a new deal on my ICT game even when I offer them double what their asking for. Also selling players is impossible no teams seem to beable to offer more money than me even premiership side :?

It's cause ICT are classed as being on par with teams like Livi, Falkirk and all that lot. No one wants to resign with me because they get big headed after i won the league with them and want to move to bigger clubs. All you have to do is not offer them a new contract and when they realise that no big clubs are intrested in them they ask for a new contract just before it is due to run out. Just call their bluff :wink: .

It's called Aurora I believe. I can't find the link but I'll get it for you later if you like?

I rounded off my season looking to finish 4th and started a great run by beating Man Utd, Sunderland, Crystal Palace but then taking just one point from my last 3 games against Blackburn, Cardiff and Aston Villa. Finished 5th so miss out on the CL for another season. Tevez goes out of contract next summer and won't discuss a new deal - he hates me because I couldn't agree terms with Kompany in a swap deal that would have taken him to Chelsea so he has requested a transfer. I have offered him to Chelsea for £40 million and they have said yes 8)

Spurs Beat Man Utd

Crystal Palace Brushed Aside

Held By Scott MacDonald & Cardiff

Pumped By Blackburn

Dargo is a legend: never EVER speak of that satanic game again. FIFA is a disgrace.

If your looking for a footy game, Pro Evo is miles ahead of all the 'competition'.

But er... buy Tim Cahill from Everton.

I had a wee shot of Champ Man recently, nowhere near as good as FM.

Lee Miller from United and Pospisil from the Jambos are worthwile purchases. I have also found a young left footed attacking midfielder called Rodriguez or something, cannae mind. But he's brilliant. Also, look for a Brazilian (I think) striker simply named Vieira. Class!