FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Football Manager 2006 - keep it all in here!

Big problem. 6 months inot a season with arsenal everything going well. Through the group stage of the CL with a game to spare, top of the league. However i've been losing money by the 5hit load. got Campbell sitting on 80K a week in the reserves, bergkamp, lehmann and a few others. lossing 3 mill a month. Most of the reserves are set to go come january but Campbell won't leave because he can't agree on a smaller wage with other clubs like everton. Wants me to supplement him with 30K for another 4 years :shock: , no chance. Cleaned out the staff who weren't doing anything, but i'm going down the 5hitter if something doesn't change. Lost about 25 mill so far this season. Most of it is down to spending 75K a week on De Jong ecause i was desperate for him to sign.... need help!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you still at Highbury? When you move to the Emirates Stadium you get bigger crowds so that will help.

Offer Campbell to clubs for no transfer fee if you haven't already done so.

Also offer folk new contracts at reduced wages. It can work. I chopped about 50k p/w off my wages by cutting Davids, Midos and Keanes wages.

The cutting wages thing never worked. Although i did get some of the boys to sign new contracts without the bonuses on them. I offered Campbell at 500K and had about 6 takers but he wouldn't go. I offered mutual termination but he was having none of it. I think i may have to start again......

Who is in your reserve team? Punt a heap of them on frees. There are some big earners in there if I recall correctly.

Just had a thought - make sure you get rid of any appearence fees that some players might be commanding in their contracts!

All apperance fees were removed when i signed them on new contracts but they weren't whilling to drop in their wages any. The thing that is cripling me is having campbell on 80K, De Jong on 75K, henry on 60K, cole on 60K. That is half of my mothly income blown on 4 players in a 22 man squad. Wouldn't worry though now. January came and out went: Bergkamp, lehmann, Alumnia, larrson, Campbell (terminated contract, cost me a load), Henry to help the money situation. Add that to getting rid of gilberto and pires at the start of the season..... FIRED :shock: . Coming after a back to back win against Utd in League and cup in the space of four days.

Tevez is still being a gimp and refusing to sign a new deal with me. No one wants to sign him which is odd. He now only has 4 months left on his deal and players want me to sign him at all costs. I'm still rpessing to sign up loads of talented youths and have added a couple of young Argentines to the growing foreign legion at Spurs. Carrick was a bit of a twat and has negotiated a pre contract with Newcastle.

I have also signed the most versatile player in the world ever! See the link below.

*Clicky*

Just completed my first Season as ICT, finished fourth, brought in some quality players, signed Brewster as a player manager, signed Wyness on a free, solid squad, great reserves with some quality players coming through! (Edwin Phiri was quality DL/DR, training him up as a WB & M too.)! Just about to start the friendlies for my second season, and the feckin game keeps crashing!! :cry: GUTTED! I'm having to start again from scratch! :cry:

Just completed my first Season as ICT, finished fourth, brought in some quality players, signed Brewster as a player manager, signed Wyness on a free, solid squad, great reserves with some quality players coming through! (Edwin Phiri was quality DL/DR, training him up as a WB & M too.)! Just about to start the friendlies for my second season, and the feckin game keeps crashing!! :cry: GUTTED! I'm having to start again from scratch! :cry:

You ought to be shot :wink:

Says the guy who sold Henry! :lol:

Tottenham sit in 4th with 3 games in hand over Arsenal in 5th but we are level on points. Tevez still moody. Suffering from an injury crisis just now that sees 5 first teamers out and we are struggling now. Too many youngsters are being called in for their debuts. I did just beat the Gooners 2 - 0 with Henry getting sent off :lol:

Am completly struggling as ICT! Can't seem to get to sign anyone, and all my players are being big headed and not leaving. Tried to get rid of Hastings, Fraser, Golabek and Morgan but they wouldn't leave, claiming that the other clubs are offering pish wages.

Tried to sign Rankin, but he was happy to stay at County, which I was suprised at. Anyone know of any players that are good, cheap, and willing to play! I really need a Striker (as a back up) and a left sided Midfielder. And a good goalkeeper wouldn't go amiss!

Am completly struggling as ICT! Can't seem to get to sign anyone, and all my players are being big headed and not leaving. Tried to get rid of Hastings, Fraser, Golabek and Morgan but they wouldn't leave, claiming that the other clubs are offering pish wages.

Tried to sign Rankin, but he was happy to stay at County, which I was suprised at. Anyone know of any players that are good, cheap, and willing to play! I really need a Striker (as a back up) and a left sided Midfielder. And a good goalkeeper wouldn't go amiss!

You shouldn't need a goal keeper with Broonie and Fraser but try Calder from Clyde, I've had Rangers try to bid for him out my reserves team.

Good strikers: Sergey Kisily, Rory McCallister develops into a quality player, Callum Smith from Dunfermline reserves becomes a nippy striker 20 for penalties aswell, I got Bednar for 330k off Hearts at the end of the first season also you could loan Finnbergasson(spelling) from Celtic

Don't sell Hastings he is a brilliant cover for Golly

Good left wingers: Puncheon from luton, Santi Kolk**** is easy to pick up on free transfer and I've had bids of 6.5 mil for him. Ivsanchenko is a 19 yr old from Ukraine also immense. Ross Wallace on loan. I got Stephen Pearson on a free 2nd season in.

I started with....

---------------Broonie---------------

Tokely---Munro----Dods------Golly

---------------Duncan---------------

-----------Black---McBain----------

Hart---------------------------Juanjo

----------------Brew-----------------

but as soon as I could replace Hart, Brew & Juanjo I did!!

I had a disgusting end to the season with my Spurs team. I was all set up to take my first step into the CL with the club and then after a poor performace against Dortmund in the UEFA Cup my season fell apart. Rafinha was called up for Gold Cup duty so I had to play Cicinho at right back. His stats might look good but he plays like a wee school kid making so many errors it is unreal. However he wasn't the only one. In one of my games, I think v Coventry, Moutinho decided to take a throw in from the half way line and play it back to Robinson who was in his own box. My defenders left it, Robinson ran out but the Coventry striker got to it first and lobbed him 5094-65.gif5094-65.gif5094-65.gif

I lost 1 - 0 to Liverpool in the match that saw them win the title and me finish in 5th. For the final 2 weeks of the season I was playing about 4 games a week because I had a backlog due to success in Europe and at Home in the Cup as well.

Now things are getting worse. Tevez ztill won't sign a contract and now Liverpool have made a bid for him. The thought of a front 2 of Tevez and Cisse is frightening. Cisse scored 39 goals in 41 games last season. I think the person who did Liverpool was taking the piss somewhat

5094-68.gif

So heading out of Spurs this summer are Carrick, Murphy and Tevez (likely) along with some youngsters. Coming in are Kallstrom to replace Carrick and provide competition for Moutinho and Iakavenko in the centre of midfield. Also arriving is Garay from Barca, a cracking centre half. Silva arrives to take up the left midfield role left vacant since Iakavenko moved infield to greater effect. Grohe, a Brazilian keep arrives, to provide backup to Robinson since Cerny had a mental breakdown (5094-69.gif). Leighton Baines is coming in from Wigan to give me a solid left back and hopefully link well with Silva.

In theory it will be a very solid squad but they are all very young. My average age I think is round about 23 and I am looking to sign Vanden Borre - a good right sided player apparently - to link with Rafinha on the right. If possible I will go for Fred from Lyon to partner Defoe and the major overhaul will, hopefully, be complete 5094-70.gif

I negotiated a new 3 year deal with Spurs plus a further ground expansion so they are working on that as we speak 5094-70.gif

EDIT: Tevez has now agreed a deal with Liverpool. I put him in my Under 18 squad 5094-69.gif

I took a huge gamble and went for Fred from Lyon - supposedly plays bgrilliant but I will need him to surpass that if possible after I realised how much I spent this summer - near on £40 million! :shock:

Team, in theory, looks unbeatable but it is so young - the average age is 22 and I really need some more experienced heads in there if possible. I get the feeling that if I don't deliver a trophy soon I will be out. I have had 6th, 5th and 5th in the PL and that won't be good enough for the fans however much the love me.

UEFA is really difficult to do well in especially as the later stages cause horrendous fixture pile ups.

The Council blocked the ground expansion - gits!

I hate work permits as well. It's a pain in the bollox when your searching for that key player 3 days to the transfer deadline and in the older games it takes half a month for a work permit to come through.

Got a problem. I'm going to start a new game, but i don't know who to go. I want a team with a decent bit of money and a prospect if not already of european football. A team that has a solid squad and doesn't need a whole new make over and has potential to go places. I know it is a tough ask but if you can help please do. However i don't want a team already firmly noted as a class european out fit like a chelksi or inter milan. I want the team that is nearly there and me to be the man that gets them there :roll: . Cheers

Spain - Betis

Italy - Fiorentina

France - Bordeaux could be interesting or maybe Monaco (mind they have such a small ground)

Germany - Schalke

Holland - Ajax would be good. Need to look at youth more than bringing in loads of players