FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Eating in Inverness

MrsICTFC

Had a 3 course Sunday Roast Lunch yesterday at the Glen Mhor.

Very good and excellent value at just ?5.95.

Have to say the steak pie and chips in Castle St Restaurant is hard to beat...

Quite like KFC chicken but their chips are garbage.

That is good at ?5.95, was it busy?

So where is your place you like to eat or place you would suggest to a tourist?

I don't think there is anywhere spectacular in Inverness, I do like the Keppoch Inn and the Waterfront.

Depends what you class as spectacular? Rocpool is hard to beat for good food but it depends what you like eh?

Keppoch is more quantity than quality but that suits some not others, like football and whisky, depends on yer taste.

That is good at ?5.95, was it busy?

No... I was surprised - it was very quiet.

Wasn't a great choice on the menu...

Soup of the day was leek and potato. The main course was a choice between Roast Pork and ratatouille. The sweet course was a choice between creme brule and some kind of lemon souffle thingy...

The soup and the pork and the creme brule were first class.

For me it has to be the Castle Street Restaurant, I go there everytime I'm through in Shneck, quality food with none of that fancy p*sh and great value too.

They must be excellent to their staff as their all recognisable faces especially one elderly wifey who's been working there as far as I can remember.

Have always enjoyed the Keppoch and of course the Castle Street Restaurant is legendary and exactly the same as it has always been.

Both the Kitchen and the Mustard Seed offer really good value lunches and early evening meals. Both also excellent locations on the riverside for the tourists. They are busy though so I would encourage booking. Cafe1 in Castle Street is also lovely, like Caley100 says depends on what you are looking for

When the in laws were here for hols we took them to the Keppoch and it brill food was beautiful and the service was great in laws loved it poor Gringo had so much scampi on his plate i thought he was going to turn in to a piece !!!

I really like the Keppoch and also Castle street is good.

For me it has to be the Castle Street Restaurant, I go there everytime I'm through in Shneck, quality food with none of that fancy p*sh and great value too.

They must be excellent to their staff as their all recognisable faces especially one elderly wifey who's been working there as far as I can remember.

That would be Roma, she's been there aslong as anyone can remember :lol: Quality old wifey, the sort you wish was yer granny.

As for being decent to their staff.. :022: Only get the odd away day off now and again. :(

Can't beat the Steak Pie there though, Lasagne's also top class, and Chicken Curry better than most chineses will give ya.

Do like the Keppoch, though it's been ages since I was last there. And also the Fluke's pretty decent aswell IMO.

Snow Goose = Awsome munch but can be a bit of a mare to get a seat, Good place for first date lol

Fairways = Cheap and good, Good for Second Date

Castle Snack Bar = Quick fix, awsome chips fills you up all day, good place for once the novilty has worn off

Mustard Seed = FANTASTIC grub, good place to go for Birthdays or anniv's with the bird

Snow Goose = Awsome munch but can be a bit of a mare to get a seat, Good place for first date lol

Fairways = Cheap and good, Good for Second Date

Castle Snack Bar = Quick fix, awsome chips fills you up all day, good place for once the novilty has worn off

Mustard Seed = FANTASTIC grub, good place to go for Birthdays or anniv's with the bird

:lol: :( :lol: I love the way you summed all of them up comparing them to dates. Sound like the dream man Georgie.

Forgot about the Mustard Seed aswell, was in there a few months ago.. First date. :022: And the food was top notch.

As for outside of Inverness.. Can't beat Di Maggio's in Glasgow. Oh my days.

Have always enjoyed the Keppoch and of course the Castle Street Restaurant is legendary and exactly the same as it has always been.

Both the Kitchen and the Mustard Seed offer really good value lunches and early evening meals. Both also excellent locations on the riverside for the tourists. They are busy though so I would encourage booking. Cafe1 in Castle Street is also lovely, like Caley100 says depends on what you are looking for

What food do they serve in Cafe1.

I am pretty sure they have worn the same style, colour of uniform in the last 8 years at least!

When the in laws were here for hols we took them to the Keppoch and it brill food was beautiful and the service was great in laws loved it poor Gringo had so much scampi on his plate i thought he was going to turn in to a piece !!!

Yeah the portions are massive, I saw the scampi come out and thought no one could eat all that!!

Yeah the portions are massive, I saw the scampi come out and thought no one could eat all that!!

I managed to finish it all...just. Had to miss out on pudding (had ice cream instead). Massive portions and good value I thought. The steak (half a cow really) looked really good and having had a taste of it off Jnr's plate, I will go for that next time.

Others we have tried and liked in Inverness include the Rajah (curry), Sams (curry), Castle Tavern (pub grub), Jimmy Chungs (Chinese buffet - excellent value if nothing else!!)

I managed to finish it all...just. Had to miss out on pudding (had ice cream instead). Massive portions and good value I thought. The steak (half a cow really) looked really good and having had a taste of it off Jnr's plate, I will go for that next time.

Others we have tried and liked in Inverness include the Rajah (curry), Sams (curry), Castle Tavern (pub grub), Jimmy Chungs (Chinese buffet - excellent value if nothing else!!)

Well done, did they roll you out after? :022:

I like all the above but have never been to the Castle Tavern, can you take kids there?

Has anyone tried the place in Cawdor?