FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dilemma for Butcher

RedCard

Just realized that Scotland are playing Japan away on the 10th October while we are playing QOS at home, assuming Burley is still in the job i'm wondering where Terry will be on that day!!

Edited by Red Card in Warsaw

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realized that Scotland are playing Japan away on the 10th October while we are playing QOS at home, assuming Burley is still in the job i'm wondering where Terry will be on that day!!

This is a problem that has arisen with relegation as SPL don't play on international weekends. We agreed to release him for international duty, so I would expect him to be in Japan, with Maurice taking charge of our team.

Also agree that it's unlikely to be an issue as I also think he wont be working at the SFA come the end of this week.

But i'd imagine that George would be considerate enough to let him away for a friendly in Japan. He's got Elvis anyway. And Im sure Billy Stark could help if need be.

The way i see it, is the Scotland game is a friendly, so not majorly vital, whereas Terry has a big game in QOS.

However Maurice would manage himself and i know Terry always bigs him up as a good manager in his own right.

I think Terry will be with ICT, whereas my brother (a Tartan Army member) reckons he will be with Scotland.

And for all the doubters, if Scotland get to the play-offs, it would be a crying shame if George and Terry werent still at the helm, after all the work they have done!

I think Burley has come in for a fair bit of flack as Scotland manager, and as Terry said, has had a lot of bad press, a lot of it undeserved.

We have a pretty inconsistent squad, who have failed to perform in a few games this campaign, and it's Burley who bears the brunt of this to the media.

Think he's done an okay job though, and under different management we would be in a worse position than we are.

Scotland are not out of this tournament yet and if they were to qualify its George and Terry who would take them to S. Africa.

I dont believe there is a dilemma for Butcher. He has a very capable team who can work without him for a week and in this day of electronic communications technology he wont really be that far away.

As much as it will be good that he will be with the scotland squad. I will feel rather let down. ICT should be his number one priority and if getting us promoted isnt his, then he cant be the right man for the job. Simple.

Or he already had another job with Scotland before he signed for us, and in theterms of agreement in him signing for us, we agreed to let him go on international duty if it clashed with one of our games, provided we still had Maurice as caretaker manager for that game. Simple.

From what I've heard Maurice is more the tactician and team manager out of the 2 of them. Butcher just deals mainly with the PR and media.

Guest Mahonio

I say it doesn't matter now because sooner rather than later Butch will only have this job because after tonight's result Burley will get sacked and if he doesn't then Peat was going back on his word saying 3rd wasn't good enough so it was the end for Burley on the back of 2 decent performances.

I say it doesn't matter now because sooner rather than later Butch will only have this job because after tonight's result Burley will get sacked and if he doesn't then Peat was going back on his word saying 3rd wasn't good enough so it was the end for Burley on the back of 2 decent performances.

Oh?