FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Niculae Court Case

Soma

The whole reason for joining ICT was for him to get fit, get games, get goals, get noticed and get a move. Job done. A stepping stone move that worked out for everyone concerned.

So I'm amazed how many people believe that Marius didn't want to leave.

Why would an international player want to ply his trade near the bottom of a minor league, where he is resented by some in the the dressing room, and being paid a relative pittance compared to most of his international teammates? After getting to Euro 2008 he would never get a better chance of a move to get his career fully back on track with a higher profile club.

He wanted to move on, the club wanted to cash in. In those circumstances he may well be entitled to the money, but he is certainly not the totally innocent victim that the interviews portray him as.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole reason for joining ICT was for him to get fit, get games, get goals, get noticed and get a move. Job done. A stepping stone move that worked out for everyone concerned.

Why would an international player want to ply his trade near the bottom of a minor league, where he is resented by some in the the dressing room, and being paid a relative pittance compared to most of his international teammates? After getting to Euro 2008 he would never get a better chance of a move to get his career fully back on track with a higher profile club.

He wanted to move on, the club wanted to cash in. In those circumstances he may well be entitled to the money, but he is certainly not the totally innocent victim that the interviews portray him as.

I agree with all the above. Our Board may not have covered themselves with glory on this issue but I do think that one way or another Marius would have/did angle to leave as soon as possible after Euro 2008.

They didn't buy him from me, I came back from Romania where I was working for the Chairman at the time, he asked me to take the DVD round to CC house the following morning which I did.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Can this get worse !!!

Return to Sender comes to mind !!!

IHE do you really think it is the quality of the player that is the issue here, Marius went onto play in the Euros, came on a free transfer and was sold for close on 500k Euros. So whether he was bought on he strength of a DVD is not why the club is where it is now with the whole thing

What I am alluding to is that Marius was TOTALLY unfit when he arrived - even then the muppets persisted in playing him from the off - he could have cost us dearly but we had the likes of Black, Cowie, Rankin and even Bazza to make up for his weaknesses. Given his past history of injury it was a HUGE gamble and every angle should have been considered. The details of his contract in that respect surprise me - we were actually giving him a chance - his agents did a great feckin job in retrospect - but that is where the mismanagement started. I can actually see the muppets drooling at a DVD !!!

He did eventually look the part - obviously not suited to frenzy of the SPL - but he really came too when the chance of the Euros became a possibility. And when the Euros arrived Marius was never going to stay - if he did it was going to be a BIG mistake - but again his agents did a feckin great job.

Good luck to Marius - I believe what he says - and he is entitled to whatever is stipulated - What I am pointing out is that this affair has been mismanaged by ICT throughout and the evidently seasoned agents of Marius have outfoxed and amateurish opponent.

And - CC didnt want him - and look what happened to him. B)

They didn't buy him from me, I came back from Romania where I was working for the Chairman at the time, he asked me to take the DVD round to CC house the following morning which I did.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Can this get worse !!!

Return to Sender comes to mind !!!

IHE do you really think it is the quality of the player that is the issue here, Marius went onto play in the Euros, came on a free transfer and was sold for close on 500k Euros. So whether he was bought on he strength of a DVD is not why the club is where it is now with the whole thing

What I am alluding to is that Marius was TOTALLY unfit when he arrived - even then the muppets persisted in playing him from the off - he could have cost us dearly but we had the likes of Black, Cowie, Rankin and even Bazza to make up for his weaknesses. Given his past history of injury it was a HUGE gamble and every angle should have been considered. The details of his contract in that respect surprise me - we were actually giving him a chance - his agents did a great feckin job in retrospect - but that is where the mismanagement started. I can actually see the muppets drooling at a DVD !!!

He did eventually look the part - obviously not suited to frenzy of the SPL - but he really came too when the chance of the Euros became a possibility. And when the Euros arrived Marius was never going to stay - if he did it was going to be a BIG mistake - but again his agents did a feckin great job.

Good luck to Marius - I believe what he says - and he is entitled to whatever is stipulated - What I am pointing out is that this affair has been mismanaged by ICT throughout and the evidently seasoned agents of Marius have outfoxed and amateurish opponent.

And - CC didnt want him - and look what happened to him. B)

Can't argue with a word of that.

I get what you're saying and understand where you're coming from, but (and I appreciate this will sound like sentimental twaddle) like a few players who have passed through the doors he found himself drawn to the place.....the club, the fans and the area.

I told people at the time of the whole "is he staying, is he going" debate that the guy didn't want to leave. He knew he would move on at some point, but he wanted to do another year with us, and I believe he was willing to sign a 1 year extension to his contract to make that happen, and so ICT would not be having to release him on a free further down the line.

Look at what he says in his interview......it was only a couple of people at the club he ever had any problem with. Nobody in the dressing room resented him. Remember all the stories of major rifts between him and Black? They hated each other so much that Black went to his wedding in Romania!!!

As is usual with ICT, we rarely (if ever) get a straight or totally honest answer/picture on any scenario and fans are often led a merry dance and left believing things which are just not true. Perhaps the club would be best reminded of the story of the little boy that cried wolf.

People should go back and read over the forum posts at the time of Marius' departure and they will see that a few posters called the scenario exactly as it is being played out now.

Black said himself he was probably Marius best friend over here so there couldn't have been that many problems in terms of dressing room unrest.

Given what last season was like we probably could have used him for another year.

Black said himself he was probably Marius best friend over here so there couldn't have been that many problems in terms of dressing room unrest.

Given what last season was like we probably could have used him for another year.

Thats correct Blackie even came across to Romania for Marius's Wedding with me.

I get what you're saying and understand where you're coming from, but (and I appreciate this will sound like sentimental twaddle) like a few players who have passed through the doors he found himself drawn to the place.....the club, the fans and the area.

I told people at the time of the whole "is he staying, is he going" debate that the guy didn't want to leave. He knew he would move on at some point, but he wanted to do another year with us, and I believe he was willing to sign a 1 year extension to his contract to make that happen, and so ICT would not be having to release him on a free further down the line.

Thats bang on Caley D, and further more its something the club should have been shouting about, we always say we can't attract players this far North yet here was a International player who's career had been going the wrong way, came to Inverness got his career back on track and even plays in the Euros. He has credited Inverness for this and what would have been a better selling point in attracting players here than that?

Edited by stevico1

On what terms would he have signed a 1 year extension?

Yngwie, never got that far to be honest, he was asked the question if he would consider an extension and he said he would, but some at club said they didn't want to consider it

Edited by stevico1

The chap is entitled to what he is entitled to. To protest any further just shows us up as being the rank amteurs who can't phone a lawyer to check a contract. No money to spend at January.

Exactly. This is the best advice the club will get in this matter and it hasn't come from a lawyer that they haven't consulted. :blink:

It's this sentence here (from the club) that is surely key in this matter :

?There is no right of appeal to Fifa. In our view it was fairly clear we did not initiate the transfer, the transfer was initiated by the player himself.

Presumably if the club are going to pursue this they will have something in writing from Marius to back up their claim.

Sorry Caley100.... we are saying the same thing. Your post went in as I was typing mine.

Edited by Johnboy

?There is no right of appeal to Fifa. In our view it was fairly clear we did not initiate the transfer, the transfer was initiated by the player himself.

Presumably if the club are going to pursue this they will have something in writing from Marius to back up their claim.

Sorry Caley100.... we are saying the same thing. Your post went in as I was typing mine.

Of course they don't Johnboy why do you think FIFA ruled in Marius favour.

So an appeal would be a complete waste of time (and money)

Especially the latter !

In my opinion totally but they obviously think differently, I am totally baffled by it and so are some members of the Romania FA that I am friendly with, can't quite believe they would do this without a written transfer request, club must be better off than I thought if they can afford to take this forward again. Legal Fees, Marius will be due interest etc .

The lack of written transfer request does not mean that Marius didn't instigate the transfer. It just makes it hard for the club to prove its version of events.

The comments made recently by Marius and Stevico all seem to centre on the lack of written evidence, rather than actually denying that Marius instigated the transfer.