FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Give Blood

MissICT

I too have given blood since my teenage years. I try to donate when I am at home, which is about 3 times a year.

The Blood Donor centre at Raigmore are normally able to fit in donors during the day, in addition to those donating platelets.

For those who don't like needles, close your eyes/look away or distract yourself in some acceptable manner. Was never desperately keen on needles myself, but having given over 5 gallons over the years, I suppose I have got used to it.

PS Nice response Yngwie

Like some others I used to give very regularly and indeed got a medal for it. Like some I'm a bit lazy and there doesn't seem to be the same travelling transfusion service as there was. Tends to be hospitals that do it and that means going out of your way.

Well done Rhia. A very admirebal gesture and one that I hope you keep up. Do it four times a year and in five years time you'll get a medal and certificate.