FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Give Blood

MissICT

I gave blood for the first time today (even though I was very anxious) :ohmy:

I was shoked to find out that only 5% of scots give blood :lol:

I think its very important that people give blood as one day you or someone you know will need it.

So how many people give blood on this website?

I used to do it regularly years ago when I worked just along the road from a blood donor centre and could just pop in at lunchtime or after work, but haven't done since then I'm afraid.

I suspect that most people, like me, would happily do it if they didn't have to make much effort or go out of their way.

I've been giving blood for years. It doesn't hurt, you get to lie down and relax for 20 minutres and get free coffee and biscuits after. It's all quite pleasant really.

There are loads of folk, like Mrs Jnr, who can't give blood for a whole host of reasons whilst there are loads of folk who need several pints of blood during major surgery. There is often a big demand at this time of year so if you can, why dont you give.

Phone 01463 705315 and someone nice will tell you how you can help save someon's life.

I've been giving blood for years. It doesn't hurt, you get to lie down and relax for 20 minutres and get free coffee and biscuits after. It's all quite pleasant really.

There are loads of folk, like Mrs Jnr, who can't give blood for a whole host of reasons whilst there are loads of folk who need several pints of blood during major surgery. There is often a big demand at this time of year so if you can, why dont you give.

Phone 01463 705315 and someone nice will tell you how you can help save someon's life.

good post :ohmy:

yea some peepz cant give blood

But I hope people will read this and think about giving blood!

It doesn't take that long and gives you a good feeling knowing you have helped saved a life.

I wish i could give blood tho..... I spend time in hospital with my little boy and i just hope that if he ever needed it there would be plenty blood for him. I admire these people that give blood doner eggs etc. Just wish i could do more to help !!!!

Edited by MrsJnr

I considered it, and we have a twice yearly blood drive here at work, but when I plucked up the courage to go and do it (like many, dont like needles), I was told that the Canadian Blood Service does not allow UK citizens who resided in the UK during certain years in the 90s to give blood. the reason .... Mad Cow Disease !!!

I wish i could give blood tho..... I spend time in hospital with my little boy and i just hope that if he ever needed it there would be plenty blood for him. I admire these people that give blood doner eggs etc. Just wish i could do more to help !!!!

We'll I hope this post will encourage more people to give blood :lol: one thing that made me want to give blood was seeing a campaign poster with a baby on it and I just felt I had to do something.

The sorest thing is the plaster coming of. Am too scared to take mine of :ohmy:

I was thinking maybe caley could do something to encourage more blood donors :lol:

We'll I hope this post will encourage more people to give blood :lol: one thing that made me want to give blood was seeing a campaign poster with a baby on it and I just felt I had to do something.

I was thinking maybe caley could do something to encourage more blood donors :lol:

It can take 1 teaspoon of blood to save a premature babies life !!! Now if i could do it i would do it a million times over !!!

If i have more children then i am going to donate the placeta etc to research in to neurofibromatosis (what Marc and i have) .

It can take 1 teaspoon of blood to save a premature babies life !!! Now if i could do it i would do it a million times over !!!

If i have more children then i am going to donate the placeta etc to research in to neurofibromatosis (what Marc and i have) .

That's a good idea :025: Cause you will help save lifes :025:

Dr Yngwie thinks you can be a donor once it has fully cleared up.

A nurse would go through a questionnaire before you donate, covering off things like that. You should be aware that there are other restrictions like using or being a sex worker. B)

Does anyone know if you can give blood after having glandular fever? I was told by a doctor that I couldn't give blood after having it so that, apparently, rules me out.

I expect there will be some period of time after having glandular fever when they wouldn't take your blood but it won't be more than a month or two I would have thought. I had glandular fever when I was in my early twenties and it hasn't stopped me giving blood.

I considered it, and we have a twice yearly blood drive here at work, but when I plucked up the courage to go and do it (like many, dont like needles), I was told that the Canadian Blood Service does not allow UK citizens who resided in the UK during certain years in the 90s to give blood. the reason .... Mad Cow Disease !!!

That may have changed now Scotty as there's a filter available to remove CJD. Kids under 14 in UK will be getting filtered blood but those over 14 won't because they were already exposed in the 90s.