FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ian Black

Guest CaleyJaggy

Guest CaleyJaggy

Anyone heard that Black has turned down the contract offered him?  Not sure if it is a wind up but i have heard rumours that he has turned it down.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

just 1 more season black - then i'll be happy. One more good season with us will get him a dream move to a top club not the shecht in tangarine - sign on the dotted line blackie believe me it will be the best thing he'll ever do in his career.

Guest ICtinAngus

Goodness me that was a struggle to log on.  Anyway, can anyone update on the current position, all in the dark down here in Tinksville.

It is annoying me that some players say they want to move to bigger clubs. I dont consider united to be a bigger club at all.  If black had sence then he would stay at inverness and sign. Then if he had another good season or 2 then he might want to move to a bigger club but noy united because they are not a bigger club.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

i understand that he doesnt need to sign to stay for 1 more season but it makes it less likely that he will leave before the transfer deadline both now and at Christmas.

THE CRY WAS CALEY THISTLE

BLACKIE MUST STAY

WE LIKE IT THAT WAY

AND BREWSTER KNOWS

WHERE HE CAN GO

i understand that he doesnt need to sign to stay for 1 more season but it makes it less likely that he will leave before the transfer deadline both now and at Christmas.

How exactly? Just means clubs will have to dig a little deeper but if he plays well then clubs will want him no matter what the price is - within reason.

Is Black not a Hearts supporter??

I hope Hibs are in for him tbh!!

If United and Hibs want to start a bidding war then let them, ICT are just going to get more money out of it.  I would hate to see Black leave the club so early because he does look like he could be a great player but centre midfield is fortunately the one position we have plenty of cover for.  Although it would be a loss ICT will keep churning out young talent especially with Parkie at the club... and from what I've seen from Stuart Soane he could also have a great future ahead of him

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Black is young and has aspirations and it is inevitable that he will leave. But it would be mutally beneficial if he at least saw out this season - put himself on a platform and get a move to a so called bigger club. I personally would prefer for his sake see him go to a top english championship club - going to the likes of DU is a step backwards. Hibs are certainly attempting to be a footballing team but lets face it they are never going to set the spl or the uefa cup on fire. i dont know the choice is his.

Guest cantbeatus

A big loss but I think we could manage. No one man is bigger than a club. As long as he goes and FURTHERS his football by playing for a decent club. If he goes to Utd, it will do him no good.

Well no one knows if it would do him no good or do him really good, no one can say that knowingly  :015:

Guest cantbeatus

Black is young and has aspirations and it is inevitable that he will leave. But it would be mutally beneficial if he at least saw out this season - put himself on a platform and get a move to a so called bigger club. I personally would prefer for his sake see him go to a top english championship club - going to the likes of DU is a step backwards. Hibs are certainly attempting to be a footballing team but lets face it they are never going to set the spl or the uefa cup on fire. i dont know the choice is his.

Why do ICT fans suddenly think they are a step up from DUFC?

A couple seasons in the SPL with decent finishes for a new team and there are no clubs better or bigger?

Both DUFC and Hibs are a step up, not backwards.

I agree.  Hibs would be a step in the right direction, but IMO any player going to Dundee Utd is taking a backwards step. I can understand Proctor going as he is more likely to get 1st team football there.  Dundee Utd have been a bigger club than ICT but right now they are struggling to achieve any sort of success and have increasing debts.  Financially we are more stable and on the park we have performed better.  So how can Utd be a step up??????

I think some people are letting their dislike of Dundee Utd cloud their thoughts over this. I don't see why Hibs would be a better move than United to be honest. They are both likely to achieve as much as the other. Neither would be a better move than the other.

Only Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and maybe Aberdeen would be steps-up. moving to any other team in the SPL is a sideways step.

Some of the other teams have the POTENTIAL to be bigger (again), in a timescale that ICT probably couldnt match, but no-one can argue that ICT havent got potential either - just look at what we have managed to do in the last12 years. ALSO - Lets not forget that these 'bigger' teams also have the POTENTIAL to go in the other direction like Raith Rovers or Partick have done .....

Sorry to interupt the Statothon but isn't this topic about Ian black??  :016:

He is certainly a good player with lots of potential but I sometimes think people look at him through red and blue tinted spectacles.

He certainly hasn't played as well as he did in patches last season.

He was unlucky to get booked for his tackle on the Japanese guy but once again he went in lunging in on a couple of occasions which the ref luckily missed.

Is it a bird????

Is it a plane????

No.....It's Ian Blackkkkkkk

He can fair get up in the air for a wee fella, thought he was going to land in the tunnel at one point today when he came flying across the midfield and launched himself over the Celtic boy to head the ball safe.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

lucky not to be sent off today - i saw two clear two footed tackles.

One more season blackie - then make the move to a bigger team than DU or Hibs!