FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Why come no-one has commented on the Team Sheet having Nauris name back to front ?!

Big plus + to Dundee for providing Team Sheets without having to buy programmes (and the programmes were only ?2 and double the size of ICT ones! - sorry).

Again away game much better entertainment than home games - atmosphere - acknowledging subs (what a wonderful smile Sanchez has), singing, just a good away day altogether.

One point is better than none, even if we all wished for three. Thanks, boys, for a good day out, again.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Dundee fans summed it up perfectly again...

'Two Nil and you F**ked it up'

That little ditty is going to haunt this season...

Having said that, I still can't believe we didn't win yesterday. We hammered them, but the defence went to sleep and then the unluckiest break of all kicked in. It's just so frustrating that the start of the season was so poor otherwise we could be romping this league.

It ain't over yet and there will be more twists and turns but time is starting to run out for the ground to be made up.

Gonna be a fun run in anyway!!

Again away game much better entertainment than home games - atmosphere - acknowledging subs (what a wonderful smile Sanchez has), singing, just a good away day altogether.

Yeah, that was great, the craic with the subs. Kyle Allison tipped Sanchez off, about acknowledging us.

(Would've been nice to show Kyle a bit of love, while there was quite alot in the room g094.gif )

Good day out with manni driving allowing myself and billy fish to consume alcohol, great first 70 mins, with the second goal allowing me to give mantis's nose a good knock - not hard to miss right enough!

But what a bad way to finish a great performance, victory snatched is much more depressing than the elation of coming back from 2 down to snatch a draw, especially as it was at Dens.

And to meet heilandee at the petrol station.... tried to sit low but the bassa saw me.

Thought Esson was at fault for the first, he seemed to take his eye off the ball completely, the second was one of those shyte bits of bad luck, again i though esson went too early.. but there ya are we just need to beat queens and then morton, Dundee dont have a game till a week wednesday by which time we will be just a few points behind(hopefully) Dundee will not get lucky breaks all the time and i'm sure will lose points over the next few weeks..

Guest Mahonio

Heard Butch's interview from BBC Sport website and he let rip into 1 or 2 players and also said we should have "played boring football" in order to win the game at 2-0 up.

The guy always talks sense in after match interviews so it wasn't a surprise to hear this though.

Dewsburydude, don't take this the wrong way, but are you by any chance a fat, bald, ugly b*****d?

If you are, I think I was sat in the row in front of you and your missus.

That would be the couple to my left with the 'bring your own pies'.

Dewsburydude, don't take this the wrong way, but are you by any chance a fat, bald, ugly b*****d?

Ah, I see my fame is spreading, lol. Yes I am that distinctive larger person with thining hair and challenged in the looks department, but I aint no b*****d, my mother loved that sailor. But hey, is this the face of concern :004:

Say hello next time, unless I offended you in any way. I don't bite dispite the look. Unless you are a steward

You forgot to mention glasses Ian.

If I didn't know better I would think you are picking on me :rolleyes:

and before anyone else mentions it, my mouth is also dentally challenged :lol:

So in summary, if you seen a large, balding, 1/10 in the looks dept, who is blind and toothless, with his own pies and married to a e****sh woman, yes Guilty as charged. But on the bright side... the pies were nice

Made it and was nearly worth the abuse I received from the mrs.

First grumble... all those chanting "Easy Easy Easy" after we were 2-0 up, LEARN. FFS it was only 3 (?) months ago we royally fecked the Challenge cup final against the same team!!! In future please refrain from this sort of chant until we have at least 3 goals in our favour... we deserved the abuse we got because of this stupidity

Second grumble... 2-0 and we f*cked it up... again!!!!

Have to say though, similar to the Challenge cup final, Butcher had us set up perfectly, tactics were absolutely spot on. I think he suprised every fan with his team selection and after it's difficult to question any of the players he brought in so Kudos to Butcher.

Esson :rolleyes::lol:

I think it was a bad day at the office for Esson, his positioning for both goals is terrible... Kerr's shot has almost landed in the centre of the goal, it doesn't matter how much swerve or power it was hit with if Esson was in the right position he catches that. Second goal has taken a wicked deflection but again, if Esson is standing on his line then he saves it, he at least gets close enough to attempt a dive... it seemed to take an age to trickle into the net. Might be harsh on Esson because Harkins should never have been given the space to let off a shot but I'm sure he wont be happy that either shot got passed him.

Tokely :) :) :) :) :)

MOTM

Best performance of the season (that I've seen). Griffiths is still trying to find his way out of Rossco's back pocket. Positionally he was back to his old self, won every challenge he went in for and never wasted possesion... played an absolute stormer and deserved to be on the winning team

Golly :) :) :) :)

Did well but was caught for pace on a couple of occasions, should be a 3 but gets an extra smilie for that challenge on Griffiths

Munro :) :) :)

Defensively was excellent, kicked and headed anything that moved but he was far too quick to punt the ball upfront without trying to pick out a pass. Munro's one of my favourite players in an ICT shirt but I understand where Renegade's coming from and can't help thinking he might be a better player without the arm band

Bully :) :) :)

Looked a bit shakey at times but stuck to his task well throughout the 90

Duncan :) :) :)

Played well, got stuck in but either him or Proctor should have closed Harkins

Cox :) :) :)

Again played well, looked a bit lost when Proctor was on and he was asked to go further up the pitch

Hayes :) :) :) :) :)

Electric as always, everything positive came from him and he never stopped. It was interesting comparing him to the highly rated Griffiths... I know who I'd rather

Foran :) :) :) :)

Dunno why he decided to cut infield when he was through on goal but apart from that he was excellent. Won numerous headers against their defenders and is an important cog in the machine. Took his goal well

Odhiambo :) :) :) :)

I think he deserves a bit more credit than what he's getting on here... ok he was a bit rusty when he came on.. a couple bad touches here and there but him & Hayes running kept Dundee on the back foot throughout the match. Got himself a goal (anyone else think he was offside) and was involved in almost every attack. Sorry manny but he gets my vote over Sanchez

Rooney :) :) :) :)

Our talisman.. chased everything, held the ball up and had both their defenders wondering what day it was. He lookded especially good when compared with the numpty they had upfront, Ben Hutchinson..

Subs:

Proctor :)

Didn't really have much of an impact but it was either him or Duncan that failed to close down Harkins

Sanchez :)

Touched the ball once and lost it, not fair to judge him with so little time on the park though

Would have taken a draw beforehand but we deserved all 3... the fact they celebrated a draw like a win shows they are hanging on to top spot by their finger nails

So in summary, if you seen a large, balding, 1/10 in the looks dept, who is blind and toothless, with his own pies and married to a e****sh woman, yes Guilty as charged. But on the bright side... the pies were nice

Aye, yer no a bad lad, good job you're won one of those secret millionaires eh!

DD I think I may have been in front of you too. i was with my friend her daughter and my two boys. Was your wife taking pictures and getting dirty looks from the lady steward? Will say hullo next time.

Anyhow back on topic. Still feel deflated at this result but I suppose I would of settled for a point before the game. Unfortunately everyone else around us had good results and what a missed opportunity to win 3 good points. Never felt comfortable at 2-0 certainly not "easy easy" but was disappointed at the team's lack of confidence after Kerr scored. In the last 10 minutes balls were getting booted any old place. Lots of tired players left the field on sat - esp Bully who looked like he couldnt walk anymore - so a bit worried about tomorrow.

On the plus side great support for the team. Dont think Mr Foran can have any complaints this week! Enjoyed the crack on the train too.

Harry Chibber spot on with player reviews.

We are going to need a near perfect run in to challenge for the title. Very frustrating stuff. If our forward line plays well I don't think there's a better attackuing force in the league but we seem to let points slip too often.