FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

And are you conveniently forgetting about the other teams in the chase for promotion? Seems a lot of our fans think it is just between ourselves and Dundee.

No, but I do think Dundee will finish above them.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How did Rooney manage to turn that one " that only needed a tap to put it in the net" round the post?

Without the killer instinct, ICT will not be able to win the league, I'm afraid.

With Dundee up against it and 0-2 down, less defending and more attacking would seem to have been the best policy. I am a great believer in attacking football.

Apart from anything else if the ball is in their half, then it lessens their chances of coming back when they are on their knees.

Of course, easier said than done. ICT probably was a bit tired too.

I think youth and inexperience has a lot to do with it --referred to by some on here as lack of mental toughness.

Sigh. + Grrrrrrr!

That's the problem, Munro can be/is a good player but he has to be one of the most ineffective captains I have never seen at any side. He just stands in silence. Of all the home games this season, I've seen Munro shout once - twice at the very most. What kind of captain does that?

That's the problem, Munro can be/is a good player but he has to be one of the most ineffective captains I have never seen at any side. He just stands in silence. Of all the home games this season, I've seen Munro shout once - twice at the very most. What kind of captain does that?

Tokely for captaincy? :)

Perhaps a slightly better choice and possibly Foran too, but in truth there's no-one that really sticks out as a captain in the current team at the moment from what I can see.

Can't personally see Foran sticking with us next season unless we get promoted, perhaps handing him the armband would encourage him to stay?

Gutted. As soon as they got one back you could see it coming. Feckin huge deflection and trickled in. Mind you three of them backed off Harkins and let him get a shot in.

Also the first one led from a free kick that was never a foul.

It was Sanchez came on, not Eagle. Good noisy support though.

While there is no one at the club who could take on the captains role its got to stay with Munro, If age was on McBain or Gollys side then i would have thought they would be contenders but they are on their way out and would be surprised to see them in an ICT shirt next season.

I think it can be very disruptive to change a captaincy with the player still remaining at the club so i really can't see Granty stepping down unless he moves on.

Don't get me wrong I'm not being critical of Granty, I would simply be looking for an answer to my question.

I'll tell you something though, if I was on that pitch this afternoon over my dead body would I have let Dundee back into that game.

Also when we went 2 -0 up up our chests should have sticking out, rather than turn into a team of mice.

These are my thoughts and not having been at the game I'm not being very objective, but I sure am boiling mad.

I would say about 400 away fans. Absolutely gutted we were the better team up until the 75th minute where we crumbled. Munro is not captain matieral from what I saw today. Golly will you please work on your passing it was absolutely atrocious, good cruching tackle on Griffiths though 2nd half. We still have a chance... what an exciting league could finish anywhere between 1st and 6th. Oh and Ritchie Foran was the best player on the park by a country mile, quality,agression and lots of effort.

im bk from the game dundee woeful caley fantastic two great goals. Then they get a dodgy freekick which rebounds to kerr and he scores a great goal dundee did attack after that but still struggled and a speculative shot deflected wrong footing esson they were jammy jammy ******** but if they do go up there defence will be found wanting in the spl but there all round performance today was dire they are a very average team for the players they have bought great away support big crowd for us and a great day out just a shame dundee strike lucky again

That's 4 times we've played them this season, and 4 times we've been by far the better team. We played them off the park up til the 75th minute, then as soon as Kerr scored you could see them getting a second.

Not sure it's Munro's captaincy we should be questioning, it's his general play. Their equaliser came as a result of Munro giving Harkins all the time in the world to get his shot in.

I really hope, if it isn't us, that Queens or County catch Dundee. I'd laugh my arse off if they didn't get promoted.

Over the piece we were easily the better team today and Dundee should feel lucky to get a point out of that. We caused our own undoing to some extent, though: Harkins may have got lucky with the deflection for the second, but he was given a ridiculous amount of time and space to take the ball in and compose himself for a shot. Some people around me were saying Esson was at fault for the first, but to me it just looked like a tremendous shot from Kerr; I'd need to see it again.

The first half hour or so was fairly uneventful, apart from a good tip over the bar from Esson, but after that we took control and created far more chances. Foran showed far more intelligence and vision in his play than anyone else on the pitch and Rooney ran himself into the ground up front. Hayes also came onto a good game and showed a little more subtlety in his use of the ball today than I've seen before. Eric stuggled to get into the game for a long spell, but he did start to make a few effective contributions towards the end of the first half and had a hand in the first goal at the start of the second. Duncan also played well.

I think we've got to start preparing ourselves mentally for the possibility of County winning the league, though: we've just done them a big favour, they keep grinding out the results and Dundee looked nothing special today. :)

s

That's 4 times we've played them this season, and 4 times we've been by far the better team. We played them off the park up til the 75th minute, then as soon as Kerr scored you could see them getting a second.

Not sure it's Munro's captaincy we should be questioning, it's his general play. Their equaliser came as a result of Munro giving Harkins all the time in the world to get his shot in.

I really hope, if it isn't us, that Queens or County catch Dundee. I'd laugh my arse off if they didn't get promoted.

.....and you've beaten us how many times ? That's right - none.

You're a hard working side in the 3 games i've seen you play Dundee this season, but can't see a game out. 2-0 up at Perth and again today and failed to win either match.

You're right we are an average side , most Dundee supporters would agree you, I've yet to see Dundee play well for 90 mins all season , but we grind out results and that's why i still think we'll win this league. St Johnstone were an average side last season, Hamilton were average the season before, but they were difficult to beat and that's why they ended up winning the league, and why i think Dundee will win the league this season.

Good game the day, good support as well.

It's by no means over, the next run of games will prove far more important than today. A disappointing end to a great performance, but that seems to be our mentality against Dundee.

If we can beat QOS, and perhaps take all points available against County (difficult, but possible) then we would be favourites in my eyes (but then we always are).

All it takes is 1 weekend were we win, Dundee lose, and then we could be 3 points off the top. Considering we have to play Dundee on the last game of the season, that's ok. Agree with RiG that people need to look around them and realise that QOS are in a much better position than us.

The biggest disappointment is that ICT yet again fail to win a must-win game. Is it a question of bottle, or are we unlucky. We were certainly unlucky today, and those questioning Munro's captaincy are a joke. A captain leads by example, and a good captain doesn't need to bawl at his players.

There was nothing we could have done today to prevent the two goals (aside from perhaps close down Kerr quicker) and the game as a whole leaves me with a lot of hope. Looking at our resources, and then take a look at Dundee, signing Bob Malcolm on a whim just because they feel they need to tighten up at the back.

Obviously I'd love us to get promoted, but it's a pity to leave this league and return to SPHell. Then again, seeing Griffiths gurney wee excuse of a face run off the park crying at the end of the season would be priceless.

Edited by tokelyisvictorious

Plenty of people are understandably pointing out the negatives, but we played much, much better than the team that are top of the league. For 75 minutes they hardly had a look in and never looked like scoring.

Not sure what happened for Kerr's goal, even he seemed surprised it went in. I think a late swerve deceived Esson? It certainly moved a lot in the air.

Within a minute of that it was apparent that we weren't going to win, you could see the unease and lack of composure on the pitch as they remembered what happened last time. But it was still a sickener that Harkins shot, going 10 yards wide, hit Bully's back side and rolled in.

The defence were all very solid up until then. If Dundee thought that Golly and Rossco were susceptible to pace, they were wrong, and Golly's brilliant crunching tackle on Griff was a joy to watch.

Russell Duncan was back to his best, while Hayes caused problems all afternoon. Eric had a very shakey start and most of us would have put Sanchez on at half time, but he popped up at the right moments.

A missed opportunity for us today. I can see Dundee being caught, but not by us, no way.