FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Could you spare a

RossP

Evening all...

On the off chance anyone on here has seen/spoken to me at games over the last 15 years or so...

4457243643_f69be81108_o.jpg

4458021060_7f80542da1_o.jpg

http://www.justgiving.com/RossPaterson

I am writing to try and raise a wee bit of money for the Tartan Army Children's Charity.

The Tartan Army Kilt walk will involve a few hundred or so Scotland fans and ex-players making the long trek from the famous Hampden pitch, to the shores of Loch Lomond (which I always thought was much further than 26 miles away!). My aim is to run most of the journey, with several essential walking breaks splitting up the excursion. I will of course be wearing a kilt. Whether or not underwear will also be worn is yet to be decided.

All funds raised will be going to the Tartan Army Children's Charity...

The Tartan Army Children's Charity

Our aim is to help disadvantaged children in Scotland and in countries that we visit whilst supporting Scotland?s national football team.

Since 2006 we have donated nearly ?40,000 to disabled, blind and street children in Ukraine, Georgia and Macedonia, and ?60,000 has been raised during the recent qualifiying campaign to be donated in South Africa during the 2010 World Cup Finals.

Our first project helping Scottish children took place in March 2008 when we took 12 children supported by Barnardos to their first Scotland match ( see My first Scotland match ). Since then we have taken disadvantaged children from around Scotland to every Scotland home match. On our trips abroad we make cash donations and other gifts to children's institutions (orphanages, hospitals, special needs schools) or individual children in those countries according to their needs. Cash donations buy items such as clothes, shoes, blankets, beds, educational equipment, medical equipment etc, or help fund projects or repairs.

http://www.tartanarmychildrenscharity.org....hp?page=History

Donating

Any money you can spare will be gratefully received! A suggested fundraising target is ?500, which i'm hoping to achieve. If 100 kind people spare ?5 or so, i'm confident i'll reach that figure before the walk on April 18th!

Here's the blurb from Just Giving on donations...

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving ? they?ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they?ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it?s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

Many many thanks again for visiting this page. If you can spare any money at all it would be fantastic and would make a significant contribution to the life of a child in Scotland or Europe.

http://www.justgiving.com/RossPaterson

Kindest regards

Ross Paterson.