FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Question, where did you go today?

Dmacca

Had the pleasure of a round of golf at the Kings course at Gleneagles yesterday.. all i can say is wow! some setup there.

I'm not really a golfer, but I played there once on the company's annual golf day. We all gathered round the first tee, as the Managing Director (about a 12 handicap, and ultra competitive) stepped up to get things underway. Muscles rippling, testosterone flowing, you could see he was going to whack it as hard as he could and impress us all.

He then swiped wildly and hit the ball with the underside of his driver. It bounced of the grass, shot up in the air, and ended up a couple of feet behind where it had started.

What followed was an embarrassed silence, as nobody really knew how to react appropriately to the big boss playing a shot like that. But a few seconds later one person just couldn't stifle the laughter any longer, and we all pissed ourselves for ages.

Shortly afterwards, I went to my bag to get a ball, and found the packed lunch (sandwiches and fruit) from the previous years' event. Not so funny.

I travelled al the way to..........my front doorstep, where i sat in the glorious sun for a while, which then inspired me to go in and stick on THE ultimate glorious summers day album...U2 The Joshua Tree :)

I travelled to Lincoln and back today to pick up the kids. A 3 hour trip taking more than 4 and a half bloody hrs due to some numpty spilling a pile of c**p onto the A1. Took kids and dogs to Oakwell Park this evening to tire them out before the football. Hasn't worked :annoyed: