FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Question, where did you go today?

Dmacca

Was it somewhere nice or plain old work or?

Woke up this morning with no intention of going out started day at work, then out of the blue decided to take the family to see Stonehenge, its an amazing sight, went into Salisbury after for the afternoon, was a good day.

Bonus question is, what is the one place that you have visited that stands out in your memory.

The trek across the moor to Sandwood bay near Kinlochbervie will stick in my memory, spent most of the day on the best beach ever, cold wine, nice food, great company - well worth the long walk.

I was going to go to the British Club (it's really just a pub but they're a bit rare in Cairo) but just walked in the searing heat instead. Will probably go tomorrow to Roxy for some shisha.

Most memorable place? Possibly Staffin Bay on Skye, where we watched a satellite circle the Earth on a clear, clear night. We could count the seconds as it circled the world and came back again. Amazing!

At the moment i am in work, however i have half day so when im finished im going home to chill out, my fav place to be is whitby any time of the year i had a very happy and health time of my life.

Drove from Batley to Callander. On way to Dundee tonight, before heading up to Inverness tomorrow for the game. Two youngest going to their first ICT game. :ictscarf: :ictscarf:

I haven't stepped foot over the door today but yesterday we made the most of the gorgeous weather and headed east to Hopeman. After lunch in the golf-club (lovely folk in there) we walked some of the Moray Coastal Path Beautiful, and all new to me.

My favourite, most memorable place is Gairloch Love the drive over; love the beach; love the sea-views; love the walk over the hill from the beach to the pier. Everything about the place is perfect. Love it.

(Georgeios, for some reason I've always fancied visiting Whitby. Not managed it yet...)

I went and got an operation on my toe today to repair my toe nail. I'am currently typing this with my right foot balanced on a chair to support it and waiting for the anaesthetic to ware off.

Working in Nairn in the morning then Kinkell in the afternoon

My memorable Place - Have done about 60 of the Munros over the years and the West Highland Way a couple of times so pretty much anywhere in Scotland is outstanding - though one I really enjoyed was the five sisters of Kintail as it was one of those rare days in winter walking where everything was white and the sun shining - the views were outstanding.

Safari Park at Blair Drummond today. Knackered. i'm tooo old to be paddling about on boats in ponds.

Going to Whitby in couple of weeks for 7 days. What a waste of 2 football weekends. Keeps wife happy though, but I never said that!! :_beatme:

Monday was Gairloch to Glen Dundonnell

Tuesday Drum and Sneckie

Wednesday Lochgilphead

Thursday Campbeltown

Tomorrow Evanton and Dalcrecait

Saturday TCS

Sunday Orkney

memorable places, OUT SKERRIES, NEW ORLEANS, CORROUR, DUBAI, BARCELONA NOU CAMP

well i had a great day today

i am on r and r and i took my wagon and went off exploring the roads and hills between here (Mount Plesant) and stanley...was a gorgeous day and got some very nice pics

• 3 weeks later...

Work (losses) then went to kinloss to drop stuff off, elgin to pick up jnr n my folks to stay the night. Most memorable place...(bad times) alamara Iraq 2003.(goodtimes) Oman 2008 all inclusive 6star ten day holiday...

i am on r and r and i took my wagon and went off exploring the roads and hills between here (Mount Plesant) and stanley...was a gorgeous day and got some very nice pics

Watch the mines ;)

Had the pleasure of a round of golf at the Kings course at Gleneagles yesterday.. all i can say is wow! some setup there.

And, does it reek of money,

And, although it must be the most difficult course i've ever played, i didnt lose a ball !!! feckin bonus.

What a place, I was there in 1984. Have they finally tarred the MPA-Stanley road? It was a dirt track back then with massive snow ditches on either side. Oh what memories, the coastels some of which got sold off as floating prisons. Penguin bay on Christmas day and of course the bennys. What was the name of the bar half way up the hill on the left hand side? It had a red tin roof, then again so did most of the houses.

Ah Memories.