FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster!!

Harry Chibber

Who cares to be honest  :006:.It's worked out better for us :003:

completely agree... It just makes me laugh looking at the SPL table and he's sitting bottom with his preferred team and we have a result like we have done today

hope he cries himself to sleep tonight :015:

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

brewster brewster who da fcuk is brewster........................ in all fairness at the time of his departure we missed his playing ability more than his managerial skills. To me CC managerial abilities are superior to CB but at times seem to inherit some of his unwanted traits i.e bypass midfield an hoof the ball to a target man............but who cares right now cause Rangers Rangers who da fcuk are RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Next time we play DU we must use that excellent chant we used at Tynecastle for Robbo.

Thank You Very Much For taking Brewster, Thank You Very Much, Thank you very very much!

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

To be fair he did sign Dargo, Blackie and Morgan.  :clapping04:

Leaving Inverness = Career Suicide (unless your name is Alan Smart)

I hope that doesn't happen, but I'm sure there'd be a job for him up here he does get his P45. Fitness First are looking for new staff.

Who cares to be honest  :006:.It's worked out better for us :003:

completely agree... It just makes me laugh looking at the SPL table and he's sitting bottom with his preferred team and we have a result like we have done today

hope he cries himself to sleep tonight :015:

...I think several members of his 'preferred team' still play for us... :003:

I hope that doesn't happen, but I'm sure there'd be a job for him up here he does get his P45. Fitness First are looking for new staff.

Hi my first post, but I hope Brewster gets the bullet and before January the first. So far he is the only manager who looks like he could possibly jump in and nick Darren Dods and with Dods contract running out soon Brewster could snap him up on a pre-contract agreement. He also has an unhealthy interest in Dargs who is in the same position contractually, although I do think there are more clubs interested in Dargo than Dods it would at least take one club out of the way in the fight to keep him.

After Saturday's thrashing Brewster said that Utd's problems were caused by poor defending, lack of communication and lack of leadership on the park.

Dods can solve all those things for him, so you can be sure Brewster will be in touch soon.

Brewster " lack of communication"

Where does it start? He is the most inarticulate manager I have ever seen. His media skills are appalling so I wonder how does he get his point across without mumbling or droning?

He always seems indecisive and unsure about himself and what he wants to say so what does he think about his team?

Who cares!

There's naturally a bit of bitterness and schadenfreude towards ex-managers, who dump us for 'better offers'. Especially when they try to bring our best players with them. But banter aside I'd hate to see Craig Brewster's career ruined like this, he isn't responsible for the mess at Tannadice. It takes more than a few months to undo the "Ian Mcall Effect".  :015:

When you walk into jobs like that usually things have to get worse before they can get better. Steve Paterson was shafted and scapegoated by the Dons in a similar way, and Robbo by mad Vlad.

Only a few months ago they were bigging him up as the new Jim Mclean as he started the clear out. There's no doubt his stock has fallen with all the bad results but he had to lance the boil. He should be given a proper innings. It's not as if they'll have Alex Ferguson lined up to replace him. Why sack him now?

Then again it's hard to feel TOO sorry for him, what's his contract worth again? He'll get some golden handshake! If he does go he'll probably sign as a player coach at Dunfermline with a view to replacing the old man.

But banter aside I'd hate to see Craig Brewster's career ruined like this, he isn't responsible for the mess at Tannadice. It takes more than a few months to undo the "Ian Mcall Effect".  :015:

If we assume that Brewster is a reasonably intelligent man, surely even he could look at the recent history of the club and realise that the job was a 'poisoned chalice'. I can understand why he took it - United legend and all that - but the club have been seriously underperforming (and over-expecting) for a long time, not just under McCall. Even though Brewster may one day be a great manager, asking him to turn round the fortunes of a declining team like DUFC is way above his level at the moment.

When you walk into jobs like that usually things have to get worse before they can get better. Steve Paterson was shafted and scapegoated by the Dons in a similar way, and Robbo by mad Vlad.

Agree with that, the question has to be how long you are prepared to let it go. ET is not renowned for his patience.

Then again it's hard to feel TOO sorry for him, what's his contract worth again? He'll get some golden handshake! If he does go he'll probably sign as a player coach at Dunfermline with a view to replacing the old man.

They were sort of discussing this on the radio at the weekend and the question that seemed to be raised was whether ET could actually afford to sack him. If you figure it cost ET 200k to get him from ICT and he has a decent contract that would cost a fair bit of money to buy out, then it will cost even more money to get a new guy in and give him some form of budget to work with ..... you could be talking upwards of 750k or even a million.

If the grocer does 'do it again', I would NOT be surprised to see CB back at East End Park before the year is out but I just hope that Mixu has the sense to take the Hibs job if offered and not the other job that might appeal to him ......

I'd suspect that although Brewster will have had compensation clauses in the back of his mind when he signed  ET will have had to work to a budget when negotiating any 'early termination' clauses in CB's deal....750k to 1 mil sounds too much even for the grocer - he must be getting savvy to this sacking business now surely.

I meant 750k in total to get rid of CB and get a new man in place and give him a few pennies to work with ...... and if you include the 200k it cost to get him from ICT (which maybe you shouldn't as it was last season) you would not be a kick in the erse of 1 million.

How much HAS ET thrown away in buying and sacking managers over the last few years I wonder

Brewster went into Tannadice and cleared the 'deadwood' out - McInnes, Fernandez, Miller, Ritchie, McIntyre etc but he hasn't replaced them with any real quality.  The players he has brought in aren't the sort you can build a team around:

Noel Hunt - A nippy little player with good skills but doesn't score many goals.

Steven Robb - Decent enough but not inspirational.

Craig Conway - One for the future, but perhaps a bit raw for the here and now.

David Proctor - Again, a decent enough player but not someone you'd have in the spine of your team (unless you are Sandy Crom)

Apparently the Kalvenes guy is a decent player so that's one plus point.

The big thing about United is that they don't seem to have any strikers - they punted McIntyre and Miller, Brewster has all but retired, Samuel has scored about ten goals in the last three years and, as above, Hunt isn't prolific.  Considering Brewsters best transfer with us was signing Dargo, who turned out to be a 20 goal a season buy, and that he was a cracking forward himself (I think we can refer to Brewster the player in the past tense) it's rather puzzling.

"The players he has brought in aren't the sort you can build a team around:

Noel Hunt - A nippy little player with good skills but doesn't score many goals.

Steven Robb - Decent enough but not inspirational.

Craig Conway - One for the future, but perhaps a bit raw for the here and now.

David Proctor - Again, a decent enough player but not someone you'd have in the spine of your team (unless you are Sandy Crom)"

Didn't they get Charlie Mulgrew aswell?

They all sound like shrewd signings to me. Young grafters with determination and potential. He's building for the future. All the best managers work with a longer time horizon in mind. Although the same perhaps can't be said for most fans. Remember, even Sir Alex was on the verge of the sack for not producing instant success at Man U. Bet they're glad they didn't sack him now.