FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Away fans today

TopSix

Great to get a mention in the BBC matchday report today for the noise (or should that be noize?) we were making. I was wondering why the stewards at tannadump are such over zealous, jumped up powertripping tubes. Are other fans of other clubs treated as badly as we are? I read an article in the Herald on the way home. The jist of it was about attendances in the SPL being down. I think under this heading should be 'see tannadump stewards'.

Great to see the management team on the pitch at the end though. I think they appreciate the cheering and hopefully what the fans contributed today can further lift morale and confidence for the upcoming games this week.

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention we're Top Six!!!! twothumbsup.gif

... the stewards at tannadump are such over zealous, jumped up powertripping tubes.

mocking.gif Brilliant!

They were obsessive about exactly how far the two big flags were hanging down, obsessive. In the end both flags were moved, even though they were in perfect spots in the first place.

The support today was superb. Seeing your team stuff a 'good' team 4-0 away, and it's tee-shirt weather. It doesn't get much better than that.

Your allowed to use words like f**k, b*****d, w**k etc but dare to use the word pen!s and your deemed to be swearing and liable to expulsion. Now, correct me if I'm wrong but, aren't the former words defined as swear words whereas the latter is the correct anatomical name for the male reproductive organ?

IHE....'Kenneth you're a f*****g pen!s'

Steward......'I'm puting you out for swearing'

IHE....'What swear word'

Steward......emmmm....pen!s

The other laugh had to be the one stopping MorayWanderer from taking photo's. Your not allowed to take pictures mate......why?.....its in the rules.....what rules?.......the ones on the back of the ticket...........here I should add that the tickets were 1.5" x 0.75". Guy then storms of muttering about breech of copyright and finding the rules.....never came back though. So all you guys singing away..........the pics MorayWanderer took of you are copyrighted to a dim Dundee steward......sorry.

I think Peter Houston did his tactics on the back of one of those tickets... Seriously though. Those stewards stood eyeballing us like we were pieces of ***** on their shoes. That's absolutely class Alex about MorayWanderer. I took loads of photos.

:ictscarf: PURE CLASS...

After drinking until 5am on the saturday morning and suffering one of my worst hangovers in years for most of the day, yesterday was well worth the dodgy train journey.

Myself and BA travelled down with our Utd friend and even he was praising our display and had no complaints. 'Dire' was one word mentioned a few times by him! We've even convinced him that Kenneth is shoit (or did kenneth do that himself... hmm)! :thumbup:

Delighted, thrilled and exctremely chuffed with ICT. The players were outstanding and if Ayr last season was the best atmosphere, then Utd yesterday was the best performance. Beautiful passing, superb skills, great awareness and not really much of the dreaded long ball. Add to that 2 superb strikes, a well placed effort and a penalty, and i think the SPL may not be so bad for us this year.

I also noticed on the BBC highlights online that Esson tipped the ball onto the post, so credit to Esson for his clean sheet also despite not having an awful lot to do :clapping:

Sod the stewards - they were just power-tripping, annoying and a disgrace. :redcard: Lets not let them sour our fantastic day!!!

I also noticed on the BBC highlights online that Esson tipped the ball onto the post, so credit to Esson for his clean sheet also despite not having an awful lot to do :clapping:

Jim Spence on his radio commentary said that shot of Bauben's hit the post.

It was yet another fantastic save from Esson.

See all this moaning about the stewards why don't you complain about them? No point talking about it on here. We all know that these guys, especially at Tannadice, are a complete joke, but if you ever want anything done about them then you need to go further than slagging them on on CTO I'm afraid.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

See all this moaning about the stewards why don't you complain about them? No point talking about it on here. We all know that these guys, especially at Tannadice, are a complete joke, but if you ever want anything done about them then you need to go further than slagging them on on CTO I'm afraid.

pfft ... whatever RIG

just type harder that's my sort of affirmative action

No point complaining about them being unreasonably strict, the stewards and clubs will only ever quote the :rules:

But do you think that those two stewards :joker: and :clown: will go into the crowd and enforce the no swearing rule when Celtic and Rangers visit Tannadice?

What's to complain about? Swearing is not allowed at the football, granted it is normally tolerated but it is not allowed. Recording equipment of any sort is also banned from the ground, normally tolerated but again banned under the rules.

Ground regulations

See 11 and 8

Sod the stewards - they were just power-tripping, annoying and a disgrace. :redcard: Lets not let them sour our fantastic day!!!

... Kind of implied we should concentrate on the thread header rather then the negative comments aurrounding the stewards.

So, to all my fellow fans with me at tannadice yesterday :salute: :twothumbsup:

What's to complain about? Swearing is not allowed at the football, granted it is normally tolerated but it is not allowed. Recording equipment of any sort is also banned from the ground, normally tolerated but again banned under the rules.

Ground regulations

See 11 and 8

I don't know, I wasn't there but my point stands. If you feel that the strewards were OTT about enforcing something that isn't in the rules then complain about it. Don't get agitated about it on a football forum.

Ground regulations

See 11 and 8

I don't know, I wasn't there but my point stands. If you feel that the strewards were OTT about enforcing something that isn't in the rules then complain about it. Don't get agitated about it on a football forum.

Here was me thinking that football forums were for discussing football and all the little things that go along with the football experience. You don't have to discuss it if you don't wish to but why shouldn't others?

Here was me thinking that football forums were for discussing football and all the little things that go along with the football experience. You don't have to discuss it if you don't wish to but why shouldn't others?

Yes they are but they are not the place to go if you want something done about it. Discussing the matter won't get it resolved. You'd need to take action if you felt that any was required.

Edited by RiG

The other laugh had to be the one stopping MorayWanderer from taking photo's. Your not allowed to take pictures mate......why?.....its in the rules.....what rules?.......the ones on the back of the ticket...........here I should add that the tickets were 1.5" x 0.75". Guy then storms of muttering about breech of copyright and finding the rules.....never came back though. So all you guys singing away..........the pics MorayWanderer took of you are copyrighted to a dim Dundee steward......sorry.

Its a crock of **** but unfortunately there are indeed media regulations in place that state that only "accredited photographers" who have a photographic license from the SPL may take pictures of the match action. (The photographic license document has something like 23 different rules governing matchday photos!!!)

Anyone know what the regulations are regarding the positioning of supporters flags?Believe that was a problem as well. No wonder folk are turning away from going to games - the fun is being taken out of football.

RIG you know we all like to come on here for a good old moan lol anyway doubt complaining officially would really get any action do you?

Its a shame they didn't announce the away attendance as there was a good support down there from our fans. Stephen Thomson too embarrassed to have it announced? I think so. Certainly wasn't 27 anyway!

Looked more like 127 than 27 .

I did a rough count of the upper tier at half time and there was about 350 at least! twothumbsup.gif

Also i think the stewards wear orange to make there crowds look bigger!

And 2 reatrds (stewards) stood right in front of me thinking it was fine... f****** morons