FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Away fans today

TopSix

Someone on the Scotsman website has commented on their match report saying:

Where's your father gone?"

Sung by some ICT fans near the end of the second half, to Stephen Thompson.

Clear as a bell on United's radio coverage and heard by many at the game.

Disgusting. The bottom-feeders singing that should be ashamed of themselves

Linkage

Surely he's misheard that, can't imagine something like that being sung.

Linkage

Doesn't surprise me , we have more than our fair share of ar$eholes in our support .

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 7

Linkage

Doesn't surprise me , we have more than our fair share of ar$eholes in our support .

True, a Sheriff stated in court recently that he had no doubt that sectarian songs were sung at a match against Celtic, a section of fans once taunted Dean Shiels with a rendition of "One 'i' (eye) in Shiels" and many more. There will always be @rseholes following football, gives the game a bit of colour IMO some chants cross the line though. No wonder the stewards got a bit shirty if this is true. Gave you a green dot to help offset all the reds you get from supporters who think our fans are squeaky clean.

They wouldnt let me put up my flag when we were in the SPL last - two reasons - the first was fair enuff as they stated that it was too big in one area as it could mack the advertising but they did then say that it could also interfere with the potential view of people sitting in the bottom tier.

I wasnt actually swearing by myself - I was joining in a chant !! - but the ***** comment was a classic - But the other reason they gave me was that I was inciting people to stand up by singing "Stand up for the Caley Jags". :rotflmao::rotflmao:

The copper outside actually said that they were fed up with the stewards and said the words "It never happens to the Old Firm or Aberdeen". I was then actually invited to sit quietly in the stand behind the goals. I lasted two minutes and thought that the pub was a better offer.

What is the point of complaining RIG - because they will just quote the rule book - Lets feckin face it standing at a game and singing being offences is a joke and the stewards get their kicks out of picking on teams with smaller followings.

• Agree 1

The copper outside actually said that they were fed up with the stewards and said the words "It never happens to the Old Firm or Aberdeen". I was then actually invited to sit quietly in the stand behind the goals.

I was going to say 'unbelievable!' but realise the reverse is more appropriate. Johndo, you did nowt other than create a bit of atmosphere in that morgue...

If the cops are so fed up with the stewards why are these problems occuring year after year after year? FFS the cops surely have some authority over these wannabe traffic wardens in hi-viz jackets.

If the cops are so fed up with the stewards why are these problems occuring year after year after year? FFS the cops surely have some authority over these wannabe traffic wardens in hi-viz jackets.

Didn't make the game but it's more than likely it's the same stewards who were at Den's last year too. Complete idiots who cause more problems than they solve with their attitudes, one even 'square go'd' me at the end of the 2nd game as I tried to point out that there were better ways of handling a well behaved crowd than being aggressive and threatening to throw people out...

Sadly the Police have no direct authority as the stewards are employed by the club alone and the Police are there as a legal requirement. While they work together in a lot of situation, and often quite well at other venues, the Police can only advise the club if there are any issues. Excessive officiousness, unfortunately, isn't illegal so there is very little they can do. Like IHE said above, technically they are correct and can hide behind the rulebook, in reality they are just jobsworth numpties!

On the highlights you can hear the chants of 'Johndo' at about 4.07 :biggrin:

Yeh i laughed when i heard him

it was great when he just came back and started 'stand up for the caley jags' then he put his hands over his head and tried to hidelol.gif

• Agree 1

That's absolute garbage though. Over the years the young lads have come out with one or two shockers but with having a small support there's always one of the older ones such as Kath or Ken MacDonald to have a quick word with them if they're out of order. Since we were sitting in front of them we would have heard it.

BTW most of the chants are hilarious- well done lads.

Edited by TheMantis

The only ersehole on this thread is Andy M, presumably either a feckin Tink, a muppet or a Free Presbyterian sweetie rustler.

And Dalneigh Caley - shame on you fer joining in :thumbdown:

As fer the reputed ET song - get tae feck Andy M - M fer Malicious - get yer facts rite and sort yer caravan and peg selling business out.

And as fer the Sheils song it was "He's only got one eye" but at least he had a feckin brain. :nanananana:

Linkage

True, a Sheriff stated in court recently that he had no doubt that sectarian songs were sung at a match against Celtic, a section of fans once taunted Dean Shiels with a rendition of "One 'i' (eye) in Shiels" and many more. There will always be @rseholes following football, gives the game a bit of colour IMO some chants cross the line though. No wonder the stewards got a bit shirty if this is true. Gave you a green dot to help offset all the reds you get from supporters who think our fans are squeaky clean.

The only ersehole on this thread is Andy M, presumably either a feckin Tink, a muppet or a Free Presbyterian sweetie rustler.

And Dalneigh Caley - shame on you fer joining in :thumbdown:

As fer the reputed ET song - get tae feck Andy M - M fer Malicious - get yer facts rite and sort yer caravan and peg selling business out.

And as fer the Sheils song it was "He's only got one eye" but at least he had a feckin brain. :nanananana:

Wrong on all three counts mate I fit none of the three descriptions there. You also fail miserably with your second sentence as I joined in with Dalneigh Caley, however you are correct in that I should have gotten my facts correct before passing judgement and I apologise to all of our travelling support for jumping to conclusions based on historical events.

Have to admit, as unsavoury as it was, I chuckled to myself when the Dean Shiels chant was sung that day.

Welcome to CaleyThistleOnline Andy M.

It was all Dalneigh Caley's fault :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Thanks for the welcome, albeit a wee bit late, where did I blame Dalneigh? I joined in after him but I would have probably jumped to the same conclusion without his prompting so I fully accept responsibility for my actions. Any photos of you in the cod suit or did you manage to wriggle out of it?

In sarcasm, ridicule or mockery is used harshly, often crudely and contemptuously, for destructive purposes. It may be used in an indirect manner, and have the form of irony, as in ?What a fine musician you turned out to be!? or it may be used in the form of a direct statement, ?You couldn't play one piece correctly if you had two assistants.? The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflection

Hostile, critical comments may be expressed in an ironic way, such as saying "don't work too hard" to a lazy worker. The use of irony introduces an element of humour which may make the criticism seem more polite and less aggressive.

:nanananana:

The copper outside actually said that they were fed up with the stewards and said the words "It never happens to the Old Firm or Aberdeen". I was then actually invited to sit quietly in the stand behind the goals.

I was going to say 'unbelievable!' but realise the reverse is more appropriate. Johndo, you did nowt other than create a bit of atmosphere in that morgue...

The police have no powers to do anything unless laws are being broken. What always gets me though is that if I behave in an "aggressive" manner I can be huckled off under threat of Breach of the Peace, but they never apply the same logic when it's a Steward acting aggressively or inciting problems.

Didn't make the game but it's more than likely it's the same stewards who were at Den's last year too. Complete idiots who cause more problems than they solve with their attitudes, one even 'square go'd' me at the end of the 2nd game as I tried to point out that there were better ways of handling a well behaved crowd than being aggressive and threatening to throw people out...

Sadly the Police have no direct authority as the stewards are employed by the club alone and the Police are there as a legal requirement. While they work together in a lot of situation, and often quite well at other venues, the Police can only advise the club if there are any issues. Excessive officiousness, unfortunately, isn't illegal so there is very little they can do. Like IHE said above, technically they are correct and can hide behind the rulebook, in reality they are just jobsworth numpties!

There's no legal requirement for police to be employed by football clubs at matches. However, the situation is such that the police can more or less dictate how many officers they want in attendance (and being paid for) and if the clubs refuse then they (police) have the power to prevent the match going ahead on the basis of their being a safety risk.

A lot of confusion also exists in regards to what is law/legislation and what are club/league rules. The best example being that it is not against the law or any legislation to stand in an all seater stadium. The legislation states that everyone must be assigned a seat, but nowhere does it say you must sit in it. It's an SPL Rule that you must sit, I have seen the letter to the clubs, and on last checking it wasn't one that had made it in to the handbook.

I also know, having spoken with senior police officers on the matter, that they have no real concerns over swearing in the vast majority of cases. However, as swearing is considered a Breach of the Peace then if the Stewards flag it to them they have no choice but to intervene/take action.

In brief, the whole system with the SPL and stewarding etc seems more designed to create problems than it does to prevent them.

I spoke with a utd fan at work today and told him what had happened on Sunday. He goes up to Tannadice a lot and said the stewards in the home end (unsurprisingly) act nowhere near this manner in which we were treated. He suggested all 27 of our fans boycott the next game... Cheeky fecker. A boycott sounds like an idea though. Tannadump would have been silent on Sunday if it wasn't for the ICT fans.