FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

PITCH INVASION

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

breach of the peace in Scotland if a person, not part of the permitted group, enters the field of play during a match

If we set aside this incident for a minute and agree that neither of us have both sides of the story which is required to form a balanced opinion, or a law degree to argue the legalities of it, my main concern isnt over the police doing their job or upholding the law - I wholeheartedly support them in that - my concern is with the possibility that more and more people will be arrested by police or worse still reported by Stewards who are unqualified in matters of law, only for these charges/reports to be dropped later. The upshot will be that these kinds of arrests/reports could routinely become used to obtain FBOs BEFORE any court case (or the dropping of charges) and that is not what they were designed for .... the word VICTIMISATION is going to be used a LOT if this starts to happen, especially if there are different standards in different games or for different sets of fans.

Does the term Innocent until proven guilty not apply with FBOs then? If not supporters trusts should be looking into petitioning the eurpoean court of human rights.

Does the term Innocent until proven guilty not apply with FBOs then?

see the comments elsewhere about the Inverness fan who has already effectively been banned from every ground in Scotland (except ICT !!) until his court case comes up and you will get your answer  :010:

Does the term Innocent until proven guilty not apply with FBOs then?

see the comments elsewhere about the Inverness fan who has already effectively been banned from every ground in Scotland (except ICT !!) until his court case comes up and you will get your answer  :010:

For f@cks sake this country is in a worse state than when the commies ruled Russia. Next thing if you celebrate too vigerously you will be nicked and sent to a detention centre in Cuba until the case is heard.

if you celebrate too vigerously you will be nicked and sent to a detention centre in Cuba until the case is heard.

That'll be GAUN-tanamo Bay then  :015: :015: (think about it  :004:)

:003:.....but joking apart,when Maime voiced her concerns about FBO's i felt initially she was overreacting and the police would use this power for the betterment of conditions for the general well behaved supporters and only serious neds and trouble makers would have anything to worry about,after seeing the reaction on Saturday to what was patently obviously juvenile celebration without a hint of any malice and the smallest perpetrator being earmarked for arrestiing and removal , I,m not so sure now.

:003:.....but joking apart,when Maime voiced her concerns about FBO's i felt initially she was overreacting and the police would use this power for the betterment of conditions for the general well behaved supporters and only serious neds and trouble makers would have anything to worry about,after seeing the reaction on Saturday to what was patently obviously juvenile celebration without a hint of any malice and the smallest perpetrator being earmarked for arrestiing and removal , I,m not so sure now.

FBO's have been the subject of many a discussion at Supporters Group meetings for the last year or so and ALL groups have raised their concerns about it and continue to do so.  Unfortunately it is now law so it will be much harder now to repeal this. 

On the issue of Breach of the Peace, for many years now Breach of the Peace AT A SPORTING EVENT has been treated much more severely than an 'ordinary' Breach due to the potential for it to cause 'incitement'.....