Police and stewards at Ibrox

Bronson

I have to admit to being pleasantly surprised by the police and stewards yesterday. I never saw any of our fans getting grief apart from the usual about sitting down. But the police did tell me they have been told to clampdown on fans standing and against motherwell the previous week they had been told to eject a handful to make an example.

The craic was good between both sets of fans, but the constant abuse from some fans does get tiresome - you'd think some Rangers fans only go to the games to goad and abuse the opposition fans. They seem more interested in doing so rather than watching the game. I was very impressed that the police ejected 5 or 6 Rangers fans for this - something i hadn't seen before.

So well done.

And thanks to tmftj for giving me a lift to the game yeterday.

• Agree 2

They only got involved when they really had to and left the fans alone unless they were getting a bit too carried away.

It was good of them to allow the fans to stand as long as no one was causing probems.

I wasn't worried at all about how the stewards and police would handle things yesterday as they deal with it week in week out and handle 50000 or 60000 fans a week depending were the game is (well that's when the best fans in the world turn out), did notice that a few of the boys were spoken to but that's as far as it went, from what I saw.

Common sense policing and stewarding is always the way to go, a leaf needs to be taken out of Strathclyde Police' book at other stadiums around Scotland.

• Agree 2