FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

John Allison RIP

SMEE

To anyone who remembers ex Ross County player and LEGENDARY Dalneigh shop owner John Allison....i heard sad news that he dropped dead in his shop today at the age of 58. Very sad news....he certainly was a character....and used to put a fair bit of his own time into coaching younsters back in the 80's. RIP John

man that is so sad. I used to work for John (paper boy !!!) when he first opened the shop, great guy, even if he often slept in. My sincerest condolences go out to his family. RIP.

• Agree 1

That's sad.

Part of the Clach team that won the league season 74/75, scored one of the goals on the final day when they beat Thistle at Kingsmills, 1-2.

rip

He put down almost every bit of carpet in my house, and specifically searched out Caley blue for me...man was an absolute legend and will be sorely missed by friends and family. RIP John.

Absolute legend of a man , as SMEE so rightly said John put a lot of time and effort into coaching kids in Dalneigh and a generation of lads benefited from his experience on and off the pitch . Going to miss you big time mate R.I.P. Thoughts are with Elma and the boys at this very sad time .

I posted about Johns sad passing on my facebook....as many of my freinds all new John personally. Had a lot of replies...paying tribute to him, all saying how nice and genuine a guy he was. Was nice to see peeps playing tribute. John was the only shop owner i ever knew, who seemed to get to know ALL his customers persoonally....and knew most by their name. He certainly will always be remembered fondly. Little known fact here.....John was a pioneer, and was the first shop in Inversneck to have a Slush Puppie machine lol

RIP John

That's sad.

Part of the Clach team that won the league season 74/75, scored one of the goals on the final day when they beat Thistle at Kingsmills, 1-2.

rip

I remember that Clach team fondly and John was a real star in that great side.

Very sad news indeed. rip

Edited by robbylad

John was a pioneer, and was the first shop in Inversneck to have a Slush Puppie machine lol

Now that you mention it, I remember that machine well. I think I even remember the day it arrived - free slushies until he mastered it ... Mind you, with John, that didn't take long :lol: !!!

John really was a genuine, hard working, nice guy (despite the County connection) and one who has definitely been taken too soon. I worked for him for between two and three years and don't recall having anything bad to say about him and that is a rare thing with an employer, especially one you used to see at 6AM every day when you're not a morning person !

Really struggling to actually take this extremely sad news in. I keep expecting to see the thread deleted and someone to say they were mistaken.

Johns Funeral was this Morning. I was unable to make it...as i have my kids staying, but for the Likes of Scotty, I think you be pleased to hear that by all accounts, it was an incredible turnout to his funeral, and an excellent service...reflecting on Johns time here with us. Sounds like an excellent and fitting send off to a geuinely great Guy :) :twothumbsup:

• Agree 1

Thanks Smee, glad to hear it and hopefully the turnout will in some way console Elma and the rest of the family in knowing (or confirming) just how well thought of John was.

• Agree 1