FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Player Contract Status

Scotty

How Butcher rates Duff and McCann over Munro and Duncan is beyond me. I don't particularly rate either of them at all.

Duncan and Duff, your argument there i can understand and i actually agree but McCann and Munro are 2 very different players...i liked McCann though i think he is too injury prone to take a risk on.

i thought mccann was excelent in the games he played

How Butcher rates Duff and McCann over Munro and Duncan is beyond me. I don't particularly rate either of them at all.

Duncan and Duff, your argument there i can understand and i actually agree but McCann and Munro are 2 very different players...i liked McCann though i think he is too injury prone to take a risk on.

But you've got to say, who's the better player to have in your team - McCann or Munro? Munro is the handsdown winner. I never really took to McCann at all. He was always injured, slower than a week in jail and couldn't pass the ball to save his life.

i thought mccann was excelent in the games he played

But you've got to say, who's the better player to have in your team - McCann or Munro? Munro is the handsdown winner. I never really took to McCann at all. He was always injured, slower than a week in jail and couldn't pass the ball to save his life.

Yeah i totally agree. Munro is a better player by miles. But im just illustrating that one is a full back and the other is a center half.

Whether it be next week or two weeks or whatever there will be new signings. Of that I have no doubt. Will they be as good as or better than those being released? That remains to be seen. I do, however, concede that Butcher has done a decent job so far and I expect he will continue to prove some fans wrong with his signings.

Russell and Grant are gone now and there's no point in continually carping on about that. Lets look to the future and a challenge, next season, for a Europa place.

Your next Sutherland ! You know you want to.

You didn't make it to the last para of that HN article!

Striker Shane Sutherland, who made massive strides in the first-team last season, pledged his immediate future to the club at the weekend by signing a two-year contract

At present, I guess this is our best team

Esson

Proctor - Tokely - Gillet - Shinnie

Hayes - Tansey (tbc) - Cox - Ross

Foran - Tade

Not bad, with Sutherland (and Morrison) in reserve. Needs more defenders to shift Proctor to midfield and Gillet to LB (I'm not saying for a second he'd actually be playing CD). I suspect McCann. Also, either Rooney or someone else up front, plus a left midfielder if Foran stays up. Duff useful for his utility factor but I just don't believe he's that interested in being in Inverness.

At present, I guess this is our best team

Esson

Proctor - Tokely - Gillet - Shinnie

Hayes - Tansey (tbc) - Cox - Ross

Foran - Tade

Not bad, with Sutherland (and Morrison) in reserve. Needs more defenders to shift Proctor to midfield and Gillet to LB (I'm not saying for a second he'd actually be playing CD). I suspect McCann. Also, either Rooney or someone else up front, plus a left midfielder if Foran stays up. Duff useful for his utility factor but I just don't believe he's that interested in being in Inverness.

I believe that side would see us relegated. We really need to strengthen up a few areas of that team as you say.

• Agree 1

ICTPAISLEY: I agree that side would stand no chance. I was trying to emphasize that there's a lot of talent in that team. It sometimes feels as though we've started from scratch but actually we're well on the way.

I totally agree about one-year deals but the club have already stated that's to be the programme from now on. In what circumstance would we not want Gillet, Hayes, Ross etc to not be long-termers? I understand when the player might kibosh the whole thing or players ask for a massive increase in salary but it does seem as though we've put the horse before the cart by stating that's the route we want to go down from the outset.

I hate 1 year deals too. basically means they are no better than 5 month deals and we have to start looking at contracts in December when the talk turns to pre-contracts and speculation for any of our players who are performing well.

I understand that we have to cut the cloth to suit, that relegation is a constant spectre, and that SPL re-organisation will still rear its head in some form or another, but surely there must be a mutually agreeable method of coming up with contracts that deal with relegation should it happen or that also give both the player and the club options they can exercise .....

I would suggest we should - at a minimum - be offering all of those players we wish to keep a 2 (or 3) year deal but to protect the club we build a relegation wage decrease into the contract. However, to protect the player, we also insert a clause that allows them to walk away from that second (or third) year if another club comes in, pays a reasonable transfer fee (for sake of argument, equivalent to perhaps a year's salary) and matches or betters their wages from the year before. Seems simple ? maybe too simple ?

• Agree 2

Are 1 year deals being offered becuase thats literally the best we can offer? At this rate the only players in contract at the end of next season will be Ross, Shinnie, Sutherland and Morrison.