FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Adam Ant at the Ironworks

BornCaley

Did anyone check out Adam when he played the Ironworks last week. I caught his Glasgow show and he was fantastic..Most of his set was Pre- Antmusic so lots of early punk stuff which suited me no end.

Would have gone had I been in Inverness !!!

The work he did before the "Kings of the Wild Frontier" album charted was pretty unique and interesting. DWWS album and Frontier were both pretty good. After that it went downhill for me ....

I think the single re-release of Kings of the Wild Frontier got to #2 in the charts in '81 and after that he jumped the shark as far as I am concerned ..... the trio of 'stand and deliver' (which I actually enjoyed despite myself), then 'Prince Charming' and 'AntRap' confirmed his transformation from a post punk alternative artist to bubblegum pop for me, and I dont really do bubblegum !

Glad to hear he has gone back to his creative roots ....

interesting bit of trivia !!! most early websites - before everyone had their own domain names - were in the format WWW.<ISP>.<DOMAIN EXTENSION>/~<USERNAME> and the first ever incarnation of CTO was at www.thenet.co.uk/~zerox !!!! The username Zerox was taken from some of his early works !!!!