FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Elgin City v inverness CT - LIVE

caleyrule

My views at 4am

Esson didnt have anything to do that i can remember but I've absolutely no worries about the GK department.

Proctor I thought he was alright.. He did get beaten for pace by Jason Crooks/Craig Gunn a few times (as did the whole midfield and defence) which is a bit of a worry. But his versatility makes him an important squad player.

Aldred looked solid and has given me a wee bit more faith in our defence going into the new season but we are still really lacking in numbers in defence.

Rosscoe gave his usual solid as a rock performance.. We could do with another one or two of him.

Gillet again no better than alright from me.. Looked better going forward than defending, sold himself a few times.

Ross another fine performance from nick and I'm looking forward to seeing him in his second year in the spl. I'd like to see him chip in with a few goals this year.

Tansey much improved performance from Greg compared with the Forres game(in part down to elgins midfield being poorer and less up and at um than forres'). Always offering himself as an option and looking to get the ball. He likes a long ball..I'd just like to see more of them arrive into feet. But his shooting left a lot to be desired today.

Morrisson I thought had a really good game. Dictated a lot of the play taking hold of the middle of the park. From the two games I've seen so far I'd be picking gav over tansey assuming coxy is first choice in central midfield,

Greig It was good to see Andrew get a lot of game time (just a shame it came at the cost of an injury to Graeme..hope it's not s bad one, I did notice he was hobbling around ICTs dugout) Thought he had a decent game. He's va tricky wee player but at times he's got all the stepovers etc but is going nowhere. It'll be interesting to see if Terry gives him a shot in the spl.. He's the kinda guy I'd like to see running at tiring defences.

A. Shinnie is not a forward so I dont understand Terry playing him there in the two games I've seen. He's alright but IMO no better than those that were released (dani/Eric)

Richie was my mom today not just for his three goals but because without him I don't know what we'd do. IMO he was in a league of his own. Totally committed and winning everything. But if he's going to be deployed as a striker he's going to need someone to play alongside him.. Someone to win the second balls and latch on to the flick ons.

Subs

Tuffey had one good double save but looked a wee bit shaky from some crosses but like I said no worries regarding GK.

Jack Sutherland looked a good prospect. Nice attacking full back but don't see him getting much action in the spl.

Polworth showed why he's held in such high regard, always desperate to get on the ball with an eye for a pass.

Cooper/G. Shinnie didn't have enough time to do right or wrong,

My analysis.. In an ideal world We need another one or two centre halves still and a right back (K gilbert perhaps? Not seen him) and being really greedy I'd like another utility defender to cover a few positions. I'm not too worried about midfield at the moment. Another winger perhaps but Ross and Hayes I'd imagine would be first picks there. I'd be happy to see Stuart Duff back also. We need an out n out striker or two.. Someone we can rely on m to get at least double figures goals a season. In general in still very worried about how small our squad is.. We are going to have little to no depth.

Edited by ubern
  • Agree 1

Did that Paul Miller get on for Elgin? He's probably the biggest man I've ever seen!

Paul Miller got reposted in his RAF job in Feburary to the Falkland Islands so then left Elgin, never really worked out for him there got on a few sub appearances but never really made it