FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Could terry b move to hibernian ?

bigfan2014

will terry be bought out his contract at caley to go to hibs ???

It is undoubtedly the worried naievity of a poster addressing the forum fer the first time and I hope that Bigfannie has now amassed an overwhelming feeling of assurity.

As fer the Dalneigh Caley - the retort is a good one from my perspective - a leading question which could be a wee bait for some but potentially a thought fer the day fer others. Many have chipped in with a variety of reasons whcih many of the rose tinted, reactively blinded loyal will perceive as being negative rather than the harsh reality.

IMHO Butcher simply does not meet the usual Hibee model fer their managers - no link to the club in many ways, a bit too much of an individual who would not bow down to the Dirsctors and the Board and too much of an ex Hun fer the Easter Road faithful to stomach. And lets face it he has the personality, the charisma and the media attractiveness but he really has done feck all in regard to management that would attract a potentially "big club" like Hibs.

He has possibly found his niche at Inversneck and may well accept that he may not be able to succeed at a higher level.

And that is all good news fer us - what we need is a "personality" in charge and one where the first aim is to keep us in the SPL, the second is to get us in the Top Six and then potentially Cup Final and/or a game in Europe. All of that really is within the "gifts" of Butcher.

So what if he isnt good enuff fer Hibs or such like - he is happy as larry here and if he keeps along the boundaried narcissistic line that he has followed in the last few weeks - we will probably survive and prosper - to the places that we are realistically aiming fer.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Against a move

Cost of buyout of new contract. (Maybe clause in contract allowing him freedom for reduced amount)

Leaving adopted 'home'

For a move

Bigger club

Bigger support

Better catchment area for attracting players

Support have more loyalty to manager than ICT fans offer ('Sack him' one week - 'magic manager' the next)

Hibs post will offer a better platform for 'moving on up' within the game

• Disagree 6

why would you even ask this question? he has just signed a new contract.

What do contracts really matter in the modern game? The "Steve Paterson to Aberdeen saga" is a great example of that. IIRC Pele signed a massive deal with ICT (five years was it?) to continue as manager back in 2002 - he said that there was still work to be done - three weeks later he was gone. I have seen Butcher's name come up in the odds list and the last time I saw, he was 12-1 to get it. What are the chances of him going? I'd say slim to none. He seems committed here and from what I gather see's himself staying for the foreseeable future (I've also heard on the grapevine that apparently he doesn't think that even Rangers would pry him away from ICT).

<br />Butcher is not the kind of manager to use ICT as a stepping stone! Others have in the past.??He is ICT to the core IMHO and he wouldnt leave a job half done to goto Hibs anyway!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

That's my thoughts as well. he's still re-building and shaping these new young players for the future. He's in it for the long term here IMHO.

Butcher is not the kind of manager to use ICT as a stepping stone! Others have in the past. He is ICT to the core IMHO and he wouldnt leave a job half done to goto Hibs anyway!

Not sure about ICT to the core, or to an earlier post that says that even Rangers could not pry him away, but I think it would take a lot to interest him in other jobs ......

1. He likes it up here (as noted in articles)

2. He is getting older and lifestyle can be just as important a factor as money, if not moreso.

3. ICT is less of a goldfish bowl than other "big clubs" he might be linked with (perhaps that might validate the notion that Rangers couldnt pry him away)

4. He has more power at ICT. His word goes at a smaller club, but at a bigger one, he's a smaller fish and maybe not totally in charge. I get the feeling he does like to be in control of a situation.

5. MOTHERWELL !!! This is the biggie for me. In his earlier career he did a good job at Motherwell and might still be there had he not chosen to take another job and thereafter get on the managerial merry-go-round. As we know, and as discussed on here, his performance at those other clubs was not that great due to various reasons and reuniting with Mo Malpas at ICT seems to have brought him back up to the same "decent" performance level as he last had at Fir Park. I believe that TB will think he can improve ICT, that it is a "slow burning" process that will take a few years, and that he will want to see it through this time ... like he should have done at Motherwell .. He will be hesitant to move as he now knows that the grass is not always greener on the other side !

• Agree 1