FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kenny Shiels bumping his gums..

Libero

Just read this: http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/107095-kenny-shiels-frustrated-with-kilmarnocks-double-trips-to-the-highlands/

and really quite amazed by his narrow-minded views:

“Financially, it is going to be a massive outlay for our supporters.

“There is a recession going on and to have to make four trips to the Highlands is certainly an imbalance because it is at least an eight-hour round trip.”

does he think his team are the only one who has to make 8 hour round trips? Up until this season our closest rival was at least a 4 hour round trip away. Routine journeys are frequently 8 hour round trips for us

Shiels added: “We are the most southern club in the SPL so those were the furthest trips we would have, yet we got all three of them twice before the split.

“Now it’s happening again with Dingwall and Inverness and I just don’t feel that is fair on our supporters.

“Our away support is right up there among the best and I am really proud of that so it’s a bit frustrating that they are going to have to make so many long journeys again.”

Get over it, our fans have been clocking thousands of miles following ICT to away games, its part and parcel of football so deal with it. If your self proclaimed 'among the best' fans dont like travelling to follow their team then tough!

What a fricking idiot. How does he think Highland clubs cope with having to travel down south every other week? Oh wait, he doesn't think about it at all - he's incapable of seeing past his own narrow viewpoint :blink:

Edited by StockholmSyndrome

Meester Shiels - none of that 'sucking diesel' for you then this morning :wink:

Let the train take the strain....

PS - Kilmarnock to Wrexham - 190 miles - Kilmarnock to Inverness - 134 miles - there is no need to go to Wrexham - a match against Lancaster City should sufffice (128 miles) - just think what you will save on fuel for your 'poor' club :rules02:

So already Kenny Shiels wants seperatism in Scotland !

Think maybe we should keep our Swedish spy busy in the lowlands seems there are quite a few idiots down there. :rules02:

I'm in Englandshire. Mind you, they can probably hear my snorts of derision from here.

• Agree 1

Probably just bitterness after we devoured them back in November.

Seriously though, what a knobead. He's complaining about just a few games this season, we have to do it almost every weekend but i never see it as a strain travelling. I love away days, probably the most enjoyable aspect of our support is away days and whos to say Kilmarnock fans see it as any different? Most fans seem to enjoy coming here and the recession dosent seem to have deterred us or many other fans from travelling. Most folks will go to C*unty as well for the sake of trying a brand new stadium so i dont think they will suffer.

Kenny should keep his trap shut and stop trying to fight a battle that dosent necessarily need to be fought.

• Agree 1

Aw, the wee diddums.

Maybe, if they thought about it a bit better, they could just stay in the Jewel of the North during the interim between the games and enjoy a taste of true Highland hospitality?

I mean no wonder he is depressed - realising that they have to return to Kilmarnock afterwards . . .

• Agree 1

This guy is an utter tool. An attention seeking gobsh1te who seems to have the maisntream media eating out the palm of his hand. He should concentrate on avoiding further six goal horsings next season and maybe ask his chairman to grow a pair and stand up to NewCo.

Edited by ymip
  • Agree 2

He is good entertainment value usually. However what a prat! Obviously hasn't thought about us doing it the other way round.

I think the point he's making is it's further doing it South-North than the other way round, isn't it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS - Kilmarnock to Wrexham - 190 miles - Kilmarnock to Inverness - 134 miles - there is no need to go to Wrexham - a match against Lancaster City should sufffice (128 miles) - just think what you will save on fuel for your 'poor' club :rules02:

Im not sure where you getting your distance from, but inverness to Glasgow is about 170 miles, Kilmarnock must be another 25-30 miles past that

He is good entertainment value usually. However what a prat! Obviously hasn't thought about us doing it the other way round.

I think the point he's making is it's further doing it South-North than the other way round, isn't it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aye, 'cos it's all uphill going North! :devious:

• Agree 2

Im not sure where you getting your distance from, but inverness to Glasgow is about 170 miles, Kilmarnock must be another 25-30 miles past that

As the crow flies I assume - u got the point though I guess ;-)

feel like i shoould be getting my soap box out for this but to be honset i feel like i cant be bothered. this season is shaping up to be a grind from start to finish. with in a day of the fixtures being announced and already we have rival managers bleating and whining that its unfair.... what do they want...

oops sorry mr adams your team have won the division fair and square but the precious little flowers at kilmarnock feel that the road trip to inverness might be a little tiring so we have decided that you cant be promoted... no hard feelings eh

get a grip shiels ya fecking eeeejit

This is really nothing new. People from south of the Highland faultline are quite accustomed to "gnash their gooms and weep and wail" (to quote a certain poet from quite near Mr Shiels' current stamping ground) about having to travel outwith the classic circle of 40 miles radius, centred on the mid point between Edinburgh and Glasgow.

This was one of the main secondary sources of delight for me when it became apparent that Ross County were going to join ICT in the SPL - it would wind up these people up even more that there were now TWO clubs in the Highlands that would have to be visited!

A certain national broadsheet - which has a long, long pedigree for moaning about this, going back to the days when Partick Thistle fans got distraught about having to abandon their Byres Road bistros to make several First Division trips to the Highlands - was at it again this week. It was the same Kenny Shiels story as appeared elsewhere, which presumably went out to all the nationals via a press conference or maybe a freelance, but with the added dimension that - horror of absolute horrors!!! - CELTIC also had to travel north TWICE and on CONSECUTIVE WEEKS.... amid trying to qualify for the Champions' League!

Terry Butcher is very good at rubbishing this kind of pathetic Central Scottish parochialism (which, incidentally, you will be voting to allow to dominate the Highlands totally if you vote "yes" in the Salmorendum in 2014 :lol: ). Butcher's answer is that in England the likes of Northumberland and Cornwall are all part of the same league set up, so journeys of several hours are commonplace, so what are the Central Belt teams moaning about? Similarly a few weeks ago I phoned Craig Brewster to congratulate him on Crawley Town's promotion, gained after an away win at Accrington. I caught him in the middle of of a very long journey back down the road from Lancashire to West Sussex.

This kind of nonsensical complaining is a very Scottish thing where over 80% of the population live in this wee kailyard and have great difficulty seeing beyond its geographically limited confines. As a result the rest of Scotland, including the Highlands, suffers.

Remember Jack Steedman of Clydebank FC who, successfully for a time, fought tooth and nail for years to keep Highland teams out of national league football.

Maybe now is the time for the A9 to be renamed Jack Steedman Street!

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 1

Charles, the people who pay you to commentate and comment are more guilty than anyone else of bemoaning the north south devide. I am also saddened by the fact you choose to portray your personal political views in this conversation. Neither you nor I know how a free Scotland will be divided or united.

• Agree 3