FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Can anyone identify this team?

Guest Jock Watt

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jock Watt

Jock - just for info - I e-mailed the photo to my father a few weeks ago who along with a little help from some friends came up with Dalneigh United 1952 with the only difference being the two suited gents - (L) Henry Nelson (Trainer) and ® D. MacBean

Thanks Tichy, I'm sure you're right about the team and year, but (L) was always MR Nelson (Donny and Billy's father who was a goalkeeper for that very old team - Citadel).  If ® WAS D. MacBean I really don't know and never knew who he was - he just sort of revelled in the reflected glory!

It really was a great team.

Jock - the gentleman on the far right (Mr MacBean) I have been informed worked in Camerons which if I remember right was at the top of Church Street.

I have found out that the confirmation of the names in the photo you posted were all given by the young man to your right  :003: 

Just out of curiosity do you have any others?

Guest Jock Watt

The "young man " to my right is Billy Nelson, son of Mr Nelson and brother of Donnie.

There was a younger brother who I seem to recall was named Henry.

Do I have any other what ???

Jock, you are correct, the name of the youngest ''Nelson'' boy was Henry. The Nelson family lived at the bottom of Laurel Avenue just a few doors up from another well known Dalneigh footballer named Alex. Bowman.

Canuck.