FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

I'm paid to do my job not get hugs and high fives every time I do something right. Too much 'love' expected in football nowadays. Players and managers are paid to compete in games and bloodywell get on with it. I can't be doing with arranged laps of honour and the like. Crowd reaction should be spontaneous but it ain't going to happen when you fanny about in front of goal all through a game and get beat at home. In the pictures I saw of the lap after the Hearts game the crowd had gone home as well, as they were gutted at getting beat and wanted to get to the pub or home. These are the same fans who stumped up hundreds of thousands to keep their club alive so they can't be faulted and I think they had every right to feck off after a derby defeat.

If the team wins next week they will see massive appreciation and it will be fully deserved. If they lose, then they will still get appreciation for the season they have put in. These arranged things are a pain - "don't run on the pitch or it'll be cancelled" etc. nonsense. 

Edited by Bluesman
  • Agree 2

Interesting selection but not shure if Hogg is ready fer that kind of role. I have to concede that I have my concerns about OTJ on that pitch and his committment. That may push TB into such a selection.

Hogg looks super fit to me. He made a run all the way into the DU 18 yard box at one point yesterday, haven't seen an ICT centre half do that since Nauris Bulvitis. I think he'd add a bit of much needed bite to our midfield in the absence of Foran and Draper. Agree on OTJ, think he's a bit too Barrowmanesque for a pressing, high tempo, scrappy game like next week. Although his long range shooting could come in handy on such a mickey mouse small pitch.

Reguero

Raven Hogg Meekings G.Shinnie

Doran Jones Taylor

A.Shinnie 

McKay Sutherland

Taylor did well when he came on last time at the sandpit and I don't think the pitch really suits Ross' style of play. We need a physical presence up front to replace Foran so Sutherland has to start imo.

You putting A Shinnie in the stand or something!?!  :crazy:

Im hearing Draper is out in which case I would play:

Reguero

Raven                  Meekings                   Hogg           Taylor

OTJ                         Ross

Doran                                                                     G Shinnie

Shinnie

McKay

• Agree 2

I thought both Foran and Draper under-performed on Saturday but a match away at Dingwall with their narrow pitch is just the sort of game that you would want the two of them.  Having both out will be a big blow and we risk being a bit lightweight in defensive midfield.  Clearly OTJ should return (hopefully with instructions to shoot on sight) and I would bring in Devine who would also be able to offer a bit of cover for G Shinnie storming up the left.

But I wouldn't stop the changes there.  I think the type of game is set up for Sutherland to show what he can do and I would bring him in place of Ross who was very much the weak link against Dundee Utd.  The narrower pitch makes playing 2 in the centre a better option and I think the contrasting styles of Sutherland and McKay will cause County all sorts of problems.  It may be that we will clinch 3rd spot even if we lose but we need to go for the win.  County's confidence is low and I can't see them scoring many.  To my mind we need to go with an attack minded approach and a hatrick apiece from Billy and Shane would round the season off nicely I think.

Well at least we will have the REAL fans behind the goals and the team next Sunday - BRING IT FECKIN ON

What, Madrid fans coming all the way for this game? Impressive :whistle:

There are a few Real Madrid fans that come to most games of ours. They've been to ibrox and celtic park with us and appear to have enjoyed their time with us. Can't imagine what they'll make of Kilmarnock though. What's spanish for "the scheme"?

--------------------------------Reguero--------------------------------

----Raven---------Meekings--------Hogg--------Taylor---------

------------------------Jones-----------ShinnieG-------------------

----------Ross--------------ShinnieA--------------Doran----------

---------------------------------McKay-----------------------------------

It's been an interesting season for derbies - obviously the first ever games in the SPL, the first ever in the Scottish Cup as well. The games have also seen some of the highest attendanes at a Highland Derby and the first appearence of flares, anarchy and tifosi in the Highlands, although I understand the Clach ultas once set fire to an advertising hoarding for the Nip Inn during a game against Nairn.

Every goal County have scored in a derby this season has been a screamer. I think I'm right in saying they have all been from outside the area, the best one was probably Paul Lawson's in the last game, a great strike. Vigurs chip in the cup replay was very good as well. For us, the best strike was probably the volley that McKay bagged in the cup tie up in Dingwall.

As CountyTactics says, we've based a lot of our success against County on domination of the midfield and pressing and pressuring the County ball players. Obviously being without Ross Draper and Richie Foran, two of our most combatitive players, is going to have an impact on our ability to do that. I think we could see Taylor playing at left back and Graeme Shinnie moved into midfield, ShinnieG is a hard-worker and could do a pressuring job well. I'm unsure if he's got the positional sense to really be effective in the middle though. Taylor at left back has had some good games - I thought he was excellent against County last time out - but has also had a few anonymous showings.

I have to say, I wouldn't be at all surprised if both us and St Johnstone lost. Motherwell are an excellent side and are perhaps playing with a bit of freedom and enjoyment towards the end of the term. I can't see their minds being on the beach, they probably don't want the season to end. As for us, as I said earlier, we've struggled towards the end and this is set up for County to get their first win of the season.

My prediction at this stage is for Well to beat Saintees 3-1 with County prevaliing by the same scoreline over us.

What ever the team is that plays, I wonder how up for it they will be after yesterday. Reading on Twitter players not happy at numbers that waited behind for players to come out after game. And Doran in particular, getting abuse on twitter from ICT "fan/fans".  Players/management must feel like they are farting against thunder sometimes!

Is that the same players who chose not to acknowledge the support before going up the tunnel.

I'm surprised there has not been more comment on this.  Maybe it was because there were so few of us left in the ground to witness it but frankly I was astonished at how many people left.  OK, so we lost a match we should have won but the players gave it their all and after the game we were still in 3rd place with just one game to go!  It was the last home game for some of the guys who are leaving and who have contributed so much to the club and it is reasonable to think that the vast majority would stay behind to acknowledge that.  When Utd's 2nd goal went in there was a mass exodus - it was as though we needed a win to avoid relegation and the goal was the final nail in the coffin.  Just unbelievable.  Is it any wonder the players left the field in such a dejected manner.

Football is a game of tiny margins and had one little thing gone our way and we had ended up winning rather than losing then it would no doubt have been joy unreserved and not a soul would have left.  That would have been great, but whether we won or lost, in the grand scale of things it makes little difference to what has been achieved this season.  If some players were wondering whether or not to sign new contracts I guess Saturday's mass exodus will have made their minds up for them.

I can only hope that after the low of Saturday and the disrespect shown to them by at least 90% of the crowd, the players will be able to pick themselves up and demonstrate the same level of commitment on Sunday.  And win, lose or draw and regardless of what happens in Perth, I really hope that the fans all stay behind on Sunday and acknowledge the team for what has been a magnificent achievement in attaining the best league position ever by a Highland team.  Clinching a European place would be the icing on the cake but not clinching it will not represent failure.  The players and officials have done a great job this year, now it is time for the supporters to stand up and be counted and show the team and the club some real support and loyalty.

• Agree 3

I think it's time to spice things up with a bit of Pepper running at County through the middle with McKay. I'd also have Devine in ahead of Raven in defence but push Meekings to full back to sort out Vigurs. Taylor should also be in at left back with Graeme Shinnie pushed into midfield. I agree that the pitch won't suit Nick Ross either. So I'd go with:

--------------------------------Reguero-----------------------------

----Meekings---------Devine--------Hogg--------Taylor--------

--------Doran ---------------Jones-----------ShinnieG----------

------------------------------ShinnieA-------------------------------

------------------Pepper---------------McKay----------------------

Subs: Esson, Raven, Ross, Polworth, Sutherland +2 others

What ever the team is that plays, I wonder how up for it they will be after yesterday. Reading on Twitter players not happy at numbers that waited behind for players to come out after game. And Doran in particular, getting abuse on twitter from ICT "fan/fans".  Players/management must feel like they are farting against thunder sometimes!

Is that the same players who chose not to acknowledge the support before going up the tunnel.

I'm surprised there has not been more comment on this.  Maybe it was because there were so few of us left in the ground to witness it but frankly I was astonished at how many people left.  OK, so we lost a match we should have won but the players gave it their all and after the game we were still in 3rd place with just one game to go!  It was the last home game for some of the guys who are leaving and who have contributed so much to the club and it is reasonable to think that the vast majority would stay behind to acknowledge that.  When Utd's 2nd goal went in there was a mass exodus - it was as though we needed a win to avoid relegation and the goal was the final nail in the coffin.  Just unbelievable.  Is it any wonder the players left the field in such a dejected manner.

Football is a game of tiny margins and had one little thing gone our way and we had ended up winning rather than losing then it would no doubt have been joy unreserved and not a soul would have left.  That would have been great, but whether we won or lost, in the grand scale of things it makes little difference to what has been achieved this season.  If some players were wondering whether or not to sign new contracts I guess Saturday's mass exodus will have made their minds up for them.

I can only hope that after the low of Saturday and the disrespect shown to them by at least 90% of the crowd, the players will be able to pick themselves up and demonstrate the same level of commitment on Sunday.  And win, lose or draw and regardless of what happens in Perth, I really hope that the fans all stay behind on Sunday and acknowledge the team for what has been a magnificent achievement in attaining the best league position ever by a Highland team.  Clinching a European place would be the icing on the cake but not clinching it will not represent failure.  The players and officials have done a great job this year, now it is time for the supporters to stand up and be counted and show the team and the club some real support and loyalty.

Sorry DD but I take offence to being accused of being disrespectful. The players walked up the tunnel. Nobody said they'd be back out again. The majority of people done no more than they do every home game. Left the stadium to battle out of the carparks. Others went to queue up for County tickets.

I believe that had the players stayed on the pitch instead of going up the tunnel then many would have stopped to congratulate them.

• Agree 1

TBF, the announcer said before the game that there would be a lap of honour - although why the players had to go in to come back out wasn't clear. The way it was announced was poor though - citing the players will ONLY be out if there we no fans on the pitch and everyone behaved respectfully, almost treating us all as children with some kind of reward for good behaviour (not sure if that maybe pi$$ed a few folks off). Obviously the result had a big factor too in people leaving, but at the end of the game I don't know why it wasn't announced again that the players will be back out, maybe those not paying attention at KO or missed the announcement or even forgot during the game?

I think it'll be Graeme Shinnie's 100 appearance for Inverness.

If Soccerbase is correct he's had 96 starts and 3 from the bench so yes you could be right.

And on that subject I've just noticed that Nick Ross has played in 101 games.

Reguero

Raven, Hogg, Meekings, G. Shinnie

Doran, OTJ, A. Shinnie, Ross

McKay, Sutherland

Not accepting the disrespectful tag either. What numptie was in charge of this lap of honour or whatever anyway? Wouldn't take a genius to work out that at the end of the game if we won, lost or drew, get over to the fans right away and take some extended applause as it was last game and get off. That's what should have been announced and then the players would have had a decent 'final home game moment'.  

I agree about folk heading out before the final whistle (some may well have been going for tickets) but going up the tunnel and leaving folk hanging about unsure of things was crass. Fans would as usual be heading for exits, taking in the win or defeat and what it might mean and thinking about getting home through the traffic, rain, busses were waiting etc.

• Agree 1