FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Summer transfer targets

Doofer

Slew was the lad who tore us apart at New Year but he barely scored for them. As mentioned it was one goal in twenty odd games. Reminds me of Tade to be honest. Don't think he would improve us.

De Leeuw is mint but there is no chance of us getting near him unless we offer silly money for him which we don't have.

Arquin has rubbish facial hair so he shouldn't be considered.

I see Goodwillie has been released and Killie are sniffing about. If we could meet his wages (probably unlikely), would definitely be worth a look.

Saw him play against us last August at Tannadice.  He was hopeless!

I see Goodwillie has been released and Killie are sniffing about. If we could meet his wages (probably unlikely), would definitely be worth a look.

I'll admit he's not been his best recently but still worth a punt, he could find his form with us.

Billy McKay was hopeless for a whole year here before he came good. We know how good Goodwillie can be. If we gave him that lease of life up here you never know what can happen.

• Agree 2

I would steer well clear of David Goodwillie - more trouble than it's worth.

I see Dundee are after El Alagui. Would try for him or a loan deal for Tony Watt.

I'm all for El Alagui. Don't know much about Tony Watt but heard his name a few times so he must have something to offer! 

I read a couple of articles Tony Watt talking about his loan in Belgium. He struck me as a determind lad even after the crap he put up with the manager at Lierse.

My opinion isn't based on the fact that he scored a winning goal against Barcelona. It's more the fact of what I have seen of him is that he can change a game. I remember a couple seasons back we played Celtic and he ran riot and scored a couple. I have also taken the time to watch him play in U20 games and he was a stand out for Celtic.

He goes on to say he would consider moving back to Belgium if Deila didn't want him but if he was a total ned as portrayed I really doubt Yogi nor Richie would put up with it if he joined us.k

At the end of the day, money talks!

Edited by ICTRoughi

I heard stories that he was in clubs in Glasgow (The Garage I think, which I believe is some kind of outstanding establishment) ripping up tenners in-front of people.  Wouldn't be surprised if that's true.

According to yesterdays Courier, Yogi's maintaining his stance regarding not bringing in any new faces.

The Inverness manager said he has not made any additions to his squad over the summer and does not plan on making any before the start of the season.

I personally feel it'll come back to bite us if there are absolutely no new additions. I understand that he is happy with the current squad, but there is always room for improvement. 

According to yesterdays Courier, Yogi's maintaining his stance regarding not bringing in any new faces.

The Inverness manager said he has not made any additions to his squad over the summer and does not plan on making any before the start of the season.

We just about got away with it last season but we can't possibly go into another season with just one experienced striker on the books.

• Agree 1

More like complete and utter madness. It means not even replacing the departed.  A weaker squad.

Nevertheless, we're told that the latter half slump was inevitable, so, no doubt the first half of the season will at least equal last season as managers don't appear to have any influence over how well a team can do.

• Agree 2

If we're to take the recent confirmation as literally true, I suppose it still leaves open the opportunity to sign a player after the season starts, as the 'window' is open until the end of August ( I think).

We've lined-up a good few pre-season games - taking in a few trialists would surely make sense? Nothing to lose.

• Agree 1

“The funds from the deal will go straight in to manager John Hughes’ football department budget".

Quote by Kenny Cameron taken from the ICT official website. There is obviously money to spend and in Yogi's recent quote one could only assume that Yogi is doing his due diligence properly so we don't overspend on the wrong players. As Sneckboy correctly points out Yogi did say before the season starts he didn't see it likely but the window would still be open for at least 3 weeks after that. 

In saying that could it be possible we could be promoting within though?

Edited by ICTRoughi

This reminds of me a few years ago when we were crying out for a tall dominating centre-half to sit alongside Grant Munro and Brewster signed Lionel Djebi-Zadi and proclaimed that that would be the only defensive signing of the pre-season.  That was nonsense and this is nonsense.  It's as clear as day that we need another striker.  We still have scouts down south and probably elsewhere.  Why haven't we been scouting to see who was coming out of contract?  Why don't we look at who is out of contract and bring them up on trial?  Have we looked at who's available on a free?  Claiming the team is fine as it is, is nonsense.

Remember here people.  We are managed by a manager who, when he was manager of Livingston, claimed that the score didn't matter to him - all that mattered what that they "played good football".  I'm starting to get worried that Hughes does not look at ICT as a club to bring forward and achieve success, rather a project to show Scottish football that this tiki taka tooky wooky stuff can be played in Scotland.

Edited by Renegade

I think I'm right in saying that Yogi was planning to have a trialist match similar to what Butcher done but whether that has happened or is in the pipeline remains to be seen.

I personally don't think Yogi is not looking for a centre forward - of course he is. I recall watching on ICT YouTube and Yogi did address the point on recruiting a second striker and he made an excellent point that they will want to play and not sit on the bench. When I watched that interview I did get a sense that Yogi wasn't keen on altercating the tactics and play two up front cause if we did then Ryan Christie or James Vincent would be stuck on the bench which to be honest is fair enough.

I'm 100 percent certain that Yogi is looking for players to improve with the current squad but just because we haven't brought anyone in yet doesn't mean that he is an inept manager. Plenty of other managers go through transfer Windows without bringing in new players.

I know a lot of my suggestions have probably been fantasy because we would be outpriced but I'm sure there's a lot of work being done behind the scenes.

“The funds from the deal will go straight in to manager John Hughes’ football department budget".

Quote by Kenny Cameron taken from the ICT official website. There is obviously money to spend and in Yogi's recent quote one could only assume that Yogi is doing his due diligence properly so we don't overspend on the wrong players. As Sneckboy correctly points out Yogi did say before the season starts he didn't see it likely but the window would still be open for at least 3 weeks after that.

In saying that could it be possible we could be promoting within though?

The quote says the money is for the player budget. This could mean improved deals for Shinnie, Mckay, Meekings etc.

Hughes has stated before that Marley could play as a forward. Anyway Barcelona play with a false nine so we could sell Billy.