FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Summer transfer targets

Doofer

There's no way Proctor's Premiership level anymore.  He was a good player in his day, but he's was well on the way down by the time he left.

Edited by Renegade

I wouldn't mind having Proctor back - always liked his attitude, very versatile player.

Could be we a have a striker on the way through the ranks:

https://ictfc.com/news/club-news/979-canadian-call-up

Anyone seen Calum Ferguson play?

Not sure if he's being kept on or released (Calum Ferguson). He went on loan to Montrose towards the end of the season and I had been checking the Montrose line-ups to see if he was getting a game, but don't think he even made the bench. From reports, I'm of the opinion that Ali Sutherland may be the better prospect.

Edit - Just read on the 'Contract Situation' thread, reported by caleydawson that Ferguson has been promoted to the first team squad.

Edited by Sneckboy

I wouldn't mind having Proctor back - always liked his attitude, very versatile player.

Not sure if he's being kept on or released (Calum Ferguson). He went on loan to Montrose towards the end of the season and I had been checking the Montrose line-ups to see if he was getting a game, but don't think he even made the bench. From reports, I'm of the opinion that Ali Sutherland may be the better prospect.

Edit - Just read on the 'Contract Situation' thread, reported by caleydawson that Ferguson has been promoted to the first team squad.

Ferguson started out being involved in most matches whether starting or on the bench but then he got injured and i think he was still injured or not fully fit when his season finished

• Agree 2

If Paddy McCourt wasnt as fragile as 1000 year old sheet of paper he'd be a good signing.

Magennis may not be a goalscorer but hes a workhorse, hes strong and hes versatile...may not be overly keen on him but I could see Yogi going for someone like him. Wouldnt be the worst player to have playing off Billy.

He played 2 or 3 but was injured nearly all his time there.

That's good to hear. Not that he was injured, obviously, but that he was in the frame, initially. I was disappointed to continually find his name 'missing' from the Montrose squad - that's encouraging that he got some game time there - I must have been a few weeks too late in starting my 'checking'!

Also, pleasing to have another striker on our books - although an experienced forward is still needed.

Not a big fan of Vernon to be honest and I suspect he wouldn't want to come here to sit on the bench behind Mckay.

Better than the other way round.  At least Vernon would be able to see what's happening.  If wee Billy was sitting behind Vernon he wouldn't be able to see a thing.  :tongueincheek:

Surprised.  He seemed to be a regular, even captain on occasion.  He's actually more suited to the passing play than Warren or Meekings but I don't see we need change in there.

Be a good signing for a Dundee U or Aberdeen.

Guest Mahonio

The lad Izale MacLeod been released by Milton Keynes Dons, he is a goalscoring tall Striker.

Worth a punt?

16 released by Blackburn... could there be the next Ian Black in there? Only less of a wee ned perhaps.

You've just reminded me of that lad Morgan we got from Blackburn.

• Agree 1

What about Rory Loy from Falkirk if they don't get promoted? Scored 20 goals this season for them and I am sure Falkirk wouldn't be difficult to deal with.

I did notice him at Fir Park with Andy Shinnie last week.

He's got 1 year left on his deal

That news is a year old. The lad made 3 appearances and one of the bench for Montrose in Feb. I think he may have only been an emergency one month loan. Hopefully another good youth prospect into the first team. And if he fails at football I'm sure he'll have a life in politics.

If Proctor is the lad I am thinking of, he was a player who worked and tried hard and took a lot of unrelenting and unfair stick --as if nobody was ever allowed to make a mistake. or noi other player was ever as much at fault as he. 

Perhaps  moving on and a fresh start was the right move for him though. Wonder where he is now?

It's the old story isn't it-- persistent negativity undermines advancement?

And it reduces the confidence of the players- especially the young who have not yet developed a thick skin and learned that it's the genuine efforts you make in life to honestly improve your circumstances , and that of others too by the way,that is really important -- not the negativity associated with often biased criticism which effectively is a form of bullying  and should be consigned to the dustbin going forward. :ictscarf:

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

Francois Zoko and Craig Reid released by relegated Stevenage.

Also, West Brom release Scott Allan, worth a punt on loan?

I wouldn't mind Zoko or Reid either tbh.