FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Summer transfer targets

Doofer

That's Dundee United's Gavin Gunning been released no doubt he will be moving to the rangers, but with him coming with his family to support us in the final and being good friends with Doran should we have a wee look at him. Also Farid Al-Alagui is considering leaving Brentford if he doesn't get more first team action, he's another player i wouldn't mind looking at. 

That's Dundee United's Gavin Gunning been released no doubt he will be moving to the rangers, but with him coming with his family to support us in the final and being good friends with Doran should we have a wee look at him. Also Farid Al-Alagui is considering leaving Brentford if he doesn't get more first team action, he's another player i wouldn't mind looking at. 

Looks like Gunning is off to Sheffield Wednesday http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-united/gavin-gunning-set-to-move-to-sheffield-wednesday-1.402815

Agree that Al-Alagui is worth looking at. Morgaro Gomis was released too, I liked him in his first spell at United but not heard much about him recently.

James Keatings is leaving Hamilton. Bagged 11 goals in the league last season which isn't too bad considering he was battling with MAC and Scotland for a starting berth. Not fully clued up on him but he might be useful as a back up for Mckay.

Looks like Gunning is off to Sheffield Wednesday http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-united/gavin-gunning-set-to-move-to-sheffield-wednesday-1.402815

Apparently he has failed his medical due to his knee injury 

Don Cowie been offered a new contract by Cardiff, but rumours about him heading North (to "wealth-off-the-radar The Rangers")

Some interesting chat on the Cardiff forums:

Can't help feeling, though, that Don is a bit too good for the Scottish Championship. Think he's from the highlands, though I might be wrong.

I personally feel that he is waiting for Malky to get a club and then he's off, son of Malky and all that icon_lol.gif

If he wants to go, good luck to him. He has been a good servant to the club and this move would be back to his national roots. He can leave with his head held high and I for one wish him every success north of the border, both for club and country!!!

Here's hoping he's been reading about The Ranger's financial state and signs for us for a wage he will actually see!

• Agree 1

McKay did run dry but I'd put that more down to the playing style robbing him of chances more so than an almighty downturn in form.

Agree. McKays excellent goalscoring in the first half of the season relied upon really quick breaks, defence in disarray, incisive ball into the 6-yard box - GOAL! Slow patient build-up play is not going to suit his style of finishing and Hughes needs to recognise that.

Thirded. He never stopped making the runs or looking for the ball, but kept getting played in far too deep.

In part, maybe just other teams adapting to us - might have happened under Butcher and Malpas.

• Agree 2

Ryan Baptie has been released by Hibs. 18 year old left back. Could be worth signing him and trying to blood him when Shinnie leaves next season.

Edited by RiG

It looks like we won't be making any new signings.

You can't just assume that so early, there is plenty of time to make signings and I'm sure they'll come in if Yogi feels he needs them. It's likely that if there are any talks that they won't be heard of with everyone's attention on the World Cup.