FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

US end of season trip?

Sir C the 3rd

Does anyone have information about the planned trip to the US at the end of the season.  I know there was somthing about Tom Parrats old club the Iowa Soccer Alliance about a few months ago.  But I assume now that he's left that would have fallen through.  The other rumour was going to Houston I think becase of Kevin MacDonalds brother.  Any news or info would be great.

Anybody up for going if its on?

Not heard any more on this - bit early I suppose. There was a rumour about ICT being interested in the Intertoto again so if that happens then US trip may have to be put on hold.

I am reliably informed that Jeff McDonald is trying to get ICT included in a pre season tournament, based in Houston, to be called The MLS Western Conference Charity shield. It would be a case of four teams in a sudden death tournament which would result in ICT having at least two games. It could be that we will be facing Mr Beckham as the three US teams are reported to be:

hou_lg.giffcd_lg.giflag_lg.gif

And we will be playing at the Robertson Stadium:

robertson2.jpg

HAVE A NICE DAY  :003:

Yes i fear we'd get humped :017: Specially given their season starts in April so anytime we did play them they'd be fresh and our players in Off Season mode

Also some big clubs have played MLS teams and got done over. The standard is quite high. Higher than most give credit for.

Any trip of this nature would be nothing but a Marketing/PR exercise.  I also can't see us playing first teams from any of the clubs suggested as they would be in the middle of their season.

Good idea in theory and would likely generate a bit of interest in ICT in the US, but can't see too many benefits in terms of team preperation.