FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Aberdeen (A) 10/09/16

bdu98196

We have a game on Sat away to Aberdeen but as usual very little match thread build up anymore, apparently debating red/green dots is more interesting at the moment.

OFW

Raven Meekings Warren Tremarco

Draper Tansey

Mulraney    Polly        King

Doumbouya

Although Raven has been off form this season, Horner didn't look any more impressive last game - we need solid full backs to combat Hayes/McGinn/Logan threat. Upfront nobody has really hit form for us yet, but I thought Doumbouya looked impressive on his first outing so may be worth a start.

• Disagree 1

19 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

We have a game on Sat away to Aberdeen but as usual very little match thread build up anymore, apparently debating red/green dots is more interesting at the moment.

OFW

Raven Meekings Warren Tremarco

Draper Tansey

Mulraney    Polly        King

Doumbouya

Although Raven has been off form this season, Horner didn't look any more impressive last game - we need solid full backs to combat Hayes/McGinn/Logan threat. Upfront nobody has really hit form for us yet, but I thought Doumbouya looked impressive on his first outing so may be worth a start.

Were you at the game? Horner had one of the best games he's ever had for us and you want to drop Fisher who was excellent again St Johnstone. 

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Renegade said:

Were you at the game? Horner had one of the best games he's ever had for us and you want to drop Fisher who was excellent again St Johnstone. 

Yes I was at the game and I'll be at this one too, You might think Horner  had one of his best games for us, but that doesn't make him a better option defensively against the attacking players from Aberdeen - StJ created little down the wing whereas Aberdeen will be much more potent, positioning is an area weak in Horners game and he is often caught out while going forward has a lesser attacking threat that Raven - or do you disagree. Fisher never scored or looked like it and that's the job of a striker, where as Doumbouya carried a much more potent attacking threat.

I'm glad you want to pick players on the sentiment that you liked what they did last game, however I want my club to put out a team that will win a game with every player being best for that job.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Renegade said:

More importantly, what pub are we meeting in? Haven't been at Pittodrie for a few years.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Yes I was at the game and I'll be at this one too, You might think Horner  had one of his best games for us, but that doesn't make him a better option defensively against the attacking players from Aberdeen - StJ created little down the wing whereas Aberdeen will be much more potent, positioning is an area weak in Horners game and he is often caught out while going forward has a lesser attacking threat that Raven - or do you disagree. Fisher never scored or looked like it and that's the job of a striker, where as Doumbouya carried a much more potent attacking threat.

I'm glad you want to pick players on the sentiment that you liked what they did last game, however I want my club to put out a team that will win a game with every player being best for that job.

So you want to drop Horner for Raven, who hasn't played well at all this season, and yet you think other posters are picking players on sentiment? Seems to be exactly what you are doing here.

Horner might not have had a flawless game the other week but in that one game he was infinitely better than anything we have seen from Raven this year.

Also, Draper was superb playing just behind the striker against Saints but you want to drop him further back? Bit odd to me. The other week was one of our best performances of the season (not that that would be difficult in fairness) so I doubt we'll see many changes to personnel or how they are lined up.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, TheMantis said:

More importantly, what pub are we meeting in? Haven't been at Pittodrie for a few years.

At the moment we're talking about the Bobbin, assuming it's not too busy. Should be there around 1 I think, so you can always drop me a text to check. 

ETA: just noticed that I used my landmark 1500th post to make arrangements for the pub. Sounds about right.

Edited by alternative maryhill
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Have you seen Raven this season? His legs have clearly gone. He will be roasted by Hayes, Storey and/or Shinnie. Fisher was one of our best players on the park against Saints. Yes, they're the main point to score goals but dismissing him because he didn't score is completely naive. His work rate, pace, holding up of the ball and presence was superb. Let's not forget that was his first start for us as well. Anyway who didn't think his performance warrants a start tomorrow is simply wrong. 

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

3 hours ago, Renegade said:

Have you seen Raven this season? His legs have clearly gone. He will be roasted by Hayes, Storey and/or Shinnie. Fisher was one of our best players on the park against Saints. Yes, they're the main point to score goals but dismissing him because he didn't score is completely naive. His work rate, pace, holding up of the ball and presence was superb. Let's not forget that was his first start for us as well. Anyway who didn't think his performance warrants a start tomorrow is simply wrong. 

Totally agree Renegade although all those fans who could not understand why Hughes had an issue with raven may now be changing their minds. Hopefully it is just a dip in form for Raven but Horner has to start. Why someone would want to start Doumbouya ahead of Fisher, or Boden, is a mystery to me. Jury is out for me on Doumbouya at the moment as for every good thing he did, he then spoilt things by overdoing things or not passing the ball just like Mutoumbo did.Only thing in his favour is he is more physical which should help him.