Dunfermline (A) 17 October 2020 - Build Up and Streaming Info

RiG

Strewth, one game in and the long knives are out. Not sure im going to last a whole season like this.

Anyway, my stream was decent enough, the score was not what I hoped for, the team are badly depleted and Brad Mckay was no worse than anyone else. He made several good tackles, blocks, clearances. Maybe look at another Mackay who was on his arse most of the game. 

No standouts for Inverness such was our lack of depth and quality.

Such is life.

• Agree 5

Dunfermline didn’t have a no 9 either....

As some have said, we had 6 players missing then lost our striker so hopefully we can recover quickly from the shaky start.

It is crazy to be calling for a change of Manager and, I agree, Mckay was not worse than many of our team and I recall one goal saving challenge in the box.

Equally I’m not sure why Mackay is getting picked on. He had a decent first half and set the goal up.

Perhaps we scored too early?

Anyway, I’m looking forward to seeing how our livestream works next week when we hopefully beat Ayr. I think the Dunfermline feed was pretty good and I didn’t even mute their commentary. Hopefully ours will have a commentary and feature the build up interviews etc.

Edited by Robert

Agree with that there maybe wasn't much in it in terms of possession but when the few chances in front of goal did arrive they tended to fall the way of Dunfermline. Good save from Ridgers to deny O'Hara (I think) at the near post in the second half. Criminal defending for all three of the Pars goals from our PoV with Mckay looking very limp for the both the first and third with the entire defence looking suspect for the second. The third, whilst being a cracking strike by McManus, should never have been offered up as an opportunity had Mckay just dealt with the ball instead of dallying on it. So many problems the result of our own slack play.

Very little to get excited about in an attacking sense as well. As mentioned above MacGregor was ineffective on the left continually wanting to check back inside to get the ball onto his right foot and McHattie seldom got beyond him to offer a wide option. Duffy was a bit more aggressive down the right flank and but certainly not in a similar manner to what we have been used to with Rooney in the last. I think only Harper put in a decent cross after he came on with a lot of our attacking play focused through the middle of the pitch where I thought Wilson protected the defence well snuffing out any attacks that were building in the centre.

Trying to be positive, we did have a lot of attacking players out that would hopefully have made a difference today but we would still have had that defence out there so...

Pars TV worked fine for me although it did drop a couple of times but a quick refresh sorted that out. Commentary wasn't too bad either.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Satan said:

Concerning is the rate at which our key players are falling foul of injury...why don't our backup players get crocked?

Who's next, dare I ask...

It is a concern.  3 competitive matches and in each of them we have had one of our forwards needing to be subbed in the first half because of injury.  That is unusual to say the least.  It may be a reflection of the long lay off and a very short pre-season with our guys being amongst the last to come back off furlough.  They may well have been keeping themselves fit, but there is a difference between general physical fitness and football fitness.  Hopefully there is nothing serious and they and the players who have yet to feature will be back soon.  If we are going to feature at the right end of the table at the end of the season we need to stay relatively injury free.

• Agree 3

TBF to Toddy it looked like he got leathered by one of the Dunfermline players. Maybe it's just a dead leg or something jarred and he's back soon. f course Collum never thought it was even a free kick...

1 hour ago, RiG said:

TBF to Toddy it looked like he got leathered by one of the Dunfermline players. Maybe it's just a dead leg or something jarred and he's back soon. f course Collum never thought it was even a free kick...

Robbo quoted on the BBC app saying Toddy is in a bad way with it looking like a rib or lung injury. 

• Sad 1

On 10/15/2020 at 6:13 PM, Jack Waddington said:

Just throwing it out there, if you're not going to be watching this game, there are games being played locally. Loch Ness play Scourie at the Rugby Club, and Inverness Athletic play Nairn County 'A' at Pavilion Park in Muir of Ord in the North Caledonian Division 2, both a 2pm (I think) kick off. 

As a call back to this, Nairn County beat Athletic 3-1, while Loch Ness pumped Scourie for almost a bakers dozen at 11-1...

Fair to say those games would've been donkeys more exciting than the game against the Pars...and unfortunately I chose the game in Muir of Ord over the 11-1 pumping at the Rugby Club...

6 hours ago, SteveA said:

Disappointing result but we have to remember that we were without Toshney, Carson, Doran, Storey, Sutherland and Kennedy. That's six players that if were fit would most likely of started today's game. With us not having the biggest squad that's a huge problem. Any team would struggle to be missing six key players. Obviously not a great way to start the season but let's hope some of these guys can be fit and we see a better result and performance next week. 

TBH missing those players when we have a small squad is a big handicap, then seeing Toddy go off so early (and having scored a goal)....however early days, and whilst it's a shortened season, we'll need a few matches with some players back to work out the best balanced formation. Doran and Carson are probably the ones with the creativity and Storey on hs day can be a real threat.

Given that we were 1-1 until the last 15mins, did we run out of puff, or were we eventually found out

Brad seems to be getting a fair bit of stick, but in his first two seasons with us he was a key player at the back, what's gone wrong? Is it decision making, lost technique, or lost confidence

How did Deas and Duffy do at the back?

We dont have time to work out the best line-up. We need results now. This is a shortened season and as such every point counts. There is also always the threat ofbthe season being curtailed and a repeat of last season happening again. We dont have the luxury of time.

Pretty sure they said that the virtual attendance was over a thousand yesterday. Would have expected it to be more than that with Dunfermline season ticket holders having free access. Wonder if we will learn how many watch our games. 

48 minutes ago, Robert said:

Pretty sure they said that the virtual attendance was over a thousand yesterday. Would have expected it to be more than that with Dunfermline season ticket holders having free access.

They said it was over 1600 - was it 1640-something?

Given that most of us seemed to have a perfect connection, but Row S had nothing, I did wonder if the number trying to watch had exceeded some limit in the system.  Pars TV seems to be a local operation, unlike the large international company who will be doing ours.  Looking forward to watching a match broadcast controlled by an AI!

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

Here's the answer to our striking problems, a new number 9 for cogan shotgun....

Nice one. Firing a blank a bit though as my surname is shogun (with a small s) x

7 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

They said it was over 1600 - was it 1640-something?

Given that most of us seemed to have a perfect connection, but Row S had nothing, I did wonder if the number trying to watch had exceeded some limit in the system.  Pars TV seems to be a local operation, unlike the large international company who will be doing ours.  Looking forward to watching a match broadcast controlled by an AI!

There were a lot of complaints on the Parstv live chat during the game. I kept getting a Scottish Football Online server error message. I did make a few attempts at loading the stream this morning. Without changing any settings it eventually worked, but only for about 20 minutes. The picture was a bit blurry but from what I saw of the period after we scored we were having trouble stringing passes together.

I couldn't find any technical reason why shouldn't have been able to watch the live stream. I was in touch with someone from Parstv and he has passed on my complaint to the club to consider a refund.

This week I am going to triple check all settings and connections on my lap top and smart tv once I get the email and then well before kick off on Saturday. Also hoping we will have some better news on the injuries by then too.

P.S. Exeter v Racing was an absolute belter of a rugby match and helped me get over the earlier disappointment as well as enjoy the pints from my keg of Man of Hoy from the Cawdor Tavern.

Edited by Row S

Anybody out there?

If you watched the stream, have your say by voting in the PotY Poll for Dunfermline game.

Normally only those attending matches are eligible to vote, however during covid restrictions, if you live streamed the games please vote as a trophy is recognised and awarded at the end of the season.

Cheers dears.

Watched second half tonight as I missed it on Saturday. We looked ok in first 20, some nice neat passing and then Toddy is banjoed and we never got that fluency back. 
a lot of the passing from the back (and deep midfield) was rather aimless - neither in behind the defenders or at the feet of our attackers. 
with 12 mins to go we would have taken a draw and felt pretty happy. 
just need a bit more zip and zing in the midfield which could hopefully help the attackers open things up. No need to panic   

Edited by FrontRow

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • RiG unfeatured this topic