FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup Final build up

Yngwie

7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

As we drove through the very busy tourist strewn streets of Inverness today, I was thinking, I wonder if the club has capitalised on the increased footfall by having a pop up store, to take advantage of our friendly visitors? What if we had a little section in one of the touristy shops, how many shirts or club souvenirs would we sell? I can't see many tourists going all the way out to the stadium to have a look, but they might if it was in one of the shops in town.

We always seem to miss a beat when it comes to self promotion, while other clubs have their finger on the pulse. There doesn't seem to be enough hype surrounding the final. Celtic are a worldwide name in football, and we are playing them! Every man woman and child that visits our town should know that, and maybe they would take a little souvenir from our club back to their part of the world if they were readily available. The only thing of interest regarding ICT that surprised me today, was I found a little poster inside my copy of the Inverness Courier. So that will be put up tomorrow, and maybe a passing tourist will see it and think, oh the local Inverness team is playing the giant Celtic, I wonder where I can buy their football strip!

Agree with what you say about the club's lack of self promotion, but I'm pretty sure all these pensioners flooding in off the cruise ships don't give a toss about ICTFC.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, STFU said:

Agree with what you say about the club's lack of self promotion, but I'm pretty sure all these pensioners flooding in off the cruise ships don't give a toss about ICTFC.

While I agree with you that there is a significant influx of people of a more mature nature, I'm a pensioner, and when I used to visit other city's in other countries, I was always interested in their local teams, and while i might not buy a football shirt, I would buy a football related souvenir rather than a replica leaning tower or Eiffel tower, I have bottle openers, wallets and other paraphernalia. A lot of shoppers I saw in Bridge Street yesterday were all quite young, they don't all come from cruise ships, and if the club don't try, nothing is gained, every pound is a prisoner, and I just see glaring opportunities missed.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

11 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

if it was in one of the shops in town.

We always seem to miss a beat when it comes to self promotion, while other clubs have their finger on the pulse.

Been saying this since 2015 failings but usually find it followed by red dots and accusations of negativity

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Been saying this since 2015 failings but usually find it followed by red dots and accusations of negativity

Yes, you're right, I always say take care of the small things, things that can be managed, and it goes a long way to tackling the bigger things. Look at the player of the year awards, most clubs have already had theirs on the last home game of the season, and when we get round to ours, probably the first home game next season, the majority of players may have moved on.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

Tickets selling well for fans prematch event at the Ferry. If intending going I suggest you buy soon to avoid missing out. 

https://tickets-scotland.com//venues.html?event_method=viewevent&event_id=feafb26d-ed84-11ed-9c82-0a690d19cb52

Booking fees have become an unfortunate fact of life these days, but it’s a bit cheeky that they charge 50p on each ticket then slap another 50p on at the end 😮

1 minute ago, TheMantis said:

Booking fees have become an unfortunate fact of life these days, but it’s a bit cheeky that they charge 50p on each ticket then slap another 50p on at the end 😮

Assume one goes to ticket site and one to venue? I can check it's correct if you like? 

4 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Yes, you're right, I always say take care of the small things, things that can be managed, and it goes a long way to tackling the bigger things. Look at the player of the year awards, most clubs have already had theirs on the last home game of the season, and when we get round to ours, probably the first home game next season, the majority of players may have moved on.

Quite frankly we've never been the best at promoting ourselves and trying to be part of the fabric of the city but it's been even worse recently though. We must be the most disconnected club from its surrounding area that I can think of.

With the SCF less than a week away what have we actually done? Punted some final merch on social media? People have commented on The Council but it's not their job to spontaneously promote ICT, have we as a club even approached them to help support the build up to Saturday? In previous run ups we've had activities in the Eastgate with the League Cup, pop up shops in the Eastgate and the Market etc, nothing this time.

The ICT trust guys do a great job in schools and doing other community based programmes but they can only do so much.

For goodness sake there was a promotion earlier this season for the kids v players 'biggest home game' if you spent a certain amount on merchandise. I got 2 for my kids at Christmas. I emailed over 2 weeks ago asking what was going on with it. Was told that they'll look into it. Nothing since. Can't even keep to their own promises to their young supporters. It's absolutely farcical. Why would we expect other dithering fans to be bothered?

I'm sure the next communication will be to shell out for season tickets though! 

Edited by Fraz
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 4

3 hours ago, Fraz said:

Quite frankly we've never been the best at promoting ourselves and trying to be part of the fabric of the city but it's been even worse recently though. We must be the most disconnected club from its surrounding area that I can think of.

With the SCF less than a week away what have we actually done? Punted some final merch on social media? People have commented on The Council but it's not their job to spontaneously promote ICT, have we as a club even approached them to help support the build up to Saturday? In previous run ups we've had activities in the Eastgate with the League Cup, pop up shops in the Eastgate and the Market etc, nothing this time.

The ICT trust guys do a great job in schools and doing other community based programmes but they can only do so much.

For goodness sake there was a promotion earlier this season for the kids v players 'biggest home game' if you spent a certain amount on merchandise. I got 2 for my kids at Christmas. I emailed over 2 weeks ago asking what was going on with it. Was told that they'll look into it. Nothing since. Can't even keep to their own promises to their young supporters. It's absolutely farcical. Why would we expect other dithering fans to be bothered?

I'm sure the next communication will be to shell out for season tickets though! 

Agree totally about communication as Highlighted in my previous post, it's as if they couldn't care about loyal fans until its time for season tickets and then they'll be over us like a rash.Waiting 5 days already for a return call advising me if they will post my tickets as struggling to get off work

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

8 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Apparently the player of the year awards are to be presented at the stadium tomorrow night? The club are running a competition on FB and Twitter (posted this evening) to win 5 sets of tickets 

• Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Apparently the player of the year awards are to be presented at the stadium tomorrow night? The club are running a competition on FB and Twitter (posted this evening) to win 5 sets of tickets 

Yes, I saw this on Facebook. It's just another example of the club being totally oblivious to what the supporters want. They want to see the awards take place on the field on the last home match of the season, not some competition for the lucky few to attend the ceremony. I just can't comprehend why something that seems so easy to do, to accommodate all the supporters, can't be decided like it used to be, after the final game.

I really think it must be the clubs default position, that they continue to get the easy things wrong.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

9 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Yes, I saw this on Facebook. It's just another example of the club being totally oblivious to what the supporters want. They want to see the awards take place on the field on the last home match of the season, not some competition for the lucky few to attend the ceremony. I just can't comprehend why something that seems so easy to do, to accommodate all the supporters, can't be decided like it used to be, after the final game.

I really think it must be the clubs default position, that they continue to get the easy things wrong.

Agree again wi you Jaggernaut.I have never seen a business run like ICT.

It's like board discuss best option and what fans want and then do the opposite.Communication is at a new low for me.

Why can't the club just concentrate on getting basics right.For example first class communication,better interaction with the people who keep the club afloat each season,better use of marketing,better infrastructure and fans facilities on match day,seize every opportunity to sell the club as a community asset,welcoming young and old to come along and watch ICT.

I'm thinking a group of middle aged men in grey suits Are trying to keep club in 21st century and not doing very well.They know this,but still will not change status quo

• Well Said 1

10 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Perhaps if some of the people who come up with money spinning ideas could contact the club with their visions, receive formal support, set up the enterprise and run it on a voluntary basis and put any monies made into the pot ??

Agree with you,but getting serious engagement wi ICT is not as easy as it should be.

• Well Said 2

52 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Perhaps if some of the people who come up with money spinning ideas could contact the club with their visions, receive formal support, set up the enterprise and run it on a voluntary basis and put any monies made into the pot ??

Last cup finals the club used fans as volunteers. Not happening this time. 

1 hour ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

Agree with you,but getting serious engagement wi ICT is not as easy as it should be.

Just ask the Supporter's Trust lol. Seems you have to be deemed worthy enough. 

Interesting link to prize money win by clubs this season. It highlights the gulf between the top league and the rest, but we’ve made £500k from the cup run and get £60k more should we miraculously win it:

https://twitter.com/SPFLWatch/status/1662915622781452291?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1662915622781452291|twgr^b8442480fb1d58caaba01ad89b88e69bac1253cb|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fitbanorth.com%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D2t%3D9454start%3D1860

2 hours ago, Robert said:

Interesting link to prize money win by clubs this season. It highlights the gulf between the top league and the rest, but we’ve made £500k from the cup run and get £60k more should we miraculously win it:

https://twitter.com/SPFLWatch/status/1662915622781452291?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1662915622781452291|twgr^b8442480fb1d58caaba01ad89b88e69bac1253cb|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fitbanorth.com%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D2t%3D9454start%3D1860

I'm not sure that's accurate tbh? 

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

I'm not sure that's accurate tbh? 

In what way do you thing it is wrong? I don’t know if it is correct either but is seems reasonably credible, built up from the published prize money of each tournament.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic