FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

January Transfer window news

CaleyTennis

2 hours ago, Satan said:

Welsh confirmed for Queens Park and Delaney for Arbroath. 

Both in the starting line ups for their new employers today, but Delaney off injured early on.

23 hours ago, Satan said:

Zak Delaney gone too.

From BBC website:

'Arbroath’s injury situation has been well documented and it hasn't been helped with new signing Zak Delaney, the defender on loan from Caley Thistle, being replaced just 12 minutes into his debut after picking up a knock.'

A Loan??!

Just now, robbo1985 said:

Sean Welsh fires QP ahead at Raith 🤷‍♂️

Great decision releasing a quality player like this when so much junk in the squad needing cleared up well before him . But it’s the way the club is being run these days  . Very badly run club . CEO is a joke 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, caley1 said:

Great decision releasing a quality player like this when so much junk in the squad needing cleared up well before him . But it’s the way the club is being run these days  . Very badly run club . CEO is a joke 

Lets just see what come in with the available money and how QP get on after the new manager 'bounce' wears off and Welsh is back injured only playing less than 50% of the games.

5 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Lets just see what come in with the available money and how QP get on after the new manager 'bounce' wears off and Welsh is back injured only playing less than 50% of the games.

Deal could have and should have been done after the weekend and would really have allowed 2 weeks to replace the players bar the Scottish cup game next weekend . We knew these players were going to struggling rivals so not the day the deal needed doing . It should have waited until after the weekend  Honestly how bad is this club been run these days ? Bloody joke bit of  common sense surely . 

Dodds on the radio  this afternoon was repeating what he said on tv last night, that he was surprised we released Welsh, and considers him to be the best midfielder in this league (provided he stays fit).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caley1 said:

I have it from players directly that he has been running the team, and club down at every opportunity this season.  Add in the FACT he has played very few games for us whilst drawing a wage, this is the best decision made by the new manager so far.

23 minutes ago, MacOne said:

I have it from players directly that he has been running the team, and club down at every opportunity this season.  Add in the FACT he has played very few games for us whilst drawing a wage, this is the best decision made by the new manager so far.

Agree with all that but not the timing it could have waited until Monday 

2 hours ago, MacOne said:

If true, we don’t know the reasons.

I did hear that the club wrapped him in cotton wool towards the end of last season so he was available for the cup final as he was carrying an injury that could have been resolved so he was available for the start of this season.

I don’t know if that is factual or not, but it sounds like he was wanting to return to the central belt given his house sale but maybe he was unable to do so in the summer due to the injury?

Personally I am sorry to see him move on as, when fit, he was one of our best players. I accept the views of others that his many injuries meant it was time for him to move on.

I do remain concerned that we seem to incur more injuries than most other clubs and whether that is due to our recruitment or some internal reason with our training regime.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 7:35 PM, MacOne said:

Welsh had made it clear he didn't want to play for the club again and everything had to go through him from the club. Good servant as he was, the club cannot be dictated to by a player in this manner.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Welsh had made it clear he didn't want to play for the club again and everything had to go through him from the club. Good servant as he was, the club cannot be dictated to by a player in this manner.

I fully agree with the club not being dictated to by a player, but would be very interested in the cause of Welsh not wanting to play for us again. 

• Agree 2

If we look back to the time of David Sutherland and George Fraser, it is clear there was strong leadership. Something seemed to happen close season this year and we have tended to assume Billy Dodds and Barry Wilson were the root causes of such a poor start.

23 hours ago, Huisdean said:

Glad to hear we're a one dictator club.

• Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Exactly! 2 sides to every story?

The quote given to me was that Welsh was behaving like  Communist Shop Steward,  preventing certain directors speaking directly to the players and dictating everything go through him. This did not come from any directors or players but from fellow season ticket holders I have known for many years. Cannot categorically say these statements are true but have no reason to doubt the sources.