FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup 5th round v Hibs

Yngwie

• Yngwie changed the title to Scottish Cup 5th round v Hibs

The subscription tv channels will want to show the OF ties as usual, but I would think our tie and Airdrie v Hearts would be the ones of most interest to BBC Scotland.

There’s a midweek card in the top league so the Friday night game will need to be one of the teams that have a Tuesday game, so one of Aberdeen, Motherwell and Rangers. They won’t move Rangers to the Friday so chances are it will be the Aberdeen game then. It’s probably then between our game and the Hearts game for the Saturday lunchtime pick with Viaplay having the Old Firm for the late Saturday and Sunday games.

You’d like to think with our cup pedigree and the potential for a shock that we’d be picked. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

I wonder if the club will open the North stand for this one? :tongueincheek:

If not, they won't be getting my money.

A decent draw for us though, especially after how close Forfar ran them yesterday. Perhaps we could contribute to the departure of yet another H#bs manager.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Televised matches announced by SFA and surprise, surprise we don't feature.  At keast it's a 3pm kick-off on the Saturday.

A mouth watering fixture awaits us on the Friday night.....said no one ever.

Screenshot_20240124_175611_X.thumb.jpg.83f5413d79de5901e80658f4d22b2148.jpg

• Thank You 1

Our game must’ve been considered by BBC, there’s not much between ours and the 2 games they picked in terms of general public interest and likelihood of a shock. I suspect geography and cost might’ve been the deciding factor.

Oh and who’d have thunk it, Viaplay picked the Rangers and Celtic matches!

• Like 1
  • Thoughtful 1

I would suggest there would be a lot more public interest in our game than Morton vs Motherwell. Cheap/lazy option based on Friday night logistics. 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

Hibs have a league game on the Wednesday so that will have ruled them out if a Friday game. Only Aberdeen, Motherwell and Rangers have games on the Tuesday so it had to be one of them in the Friday.

The disappointment for me is that they’ve preferred Hearts at Airdrie to Hibs at Inverness for the Sunday teatime game. I’d have thought that with our cup pedigree we’d have been picked.

That said, I’m much happier with 1500 on a Saturday than 1700 on a Sunday.

• Agree 3

29 minutes ago, Satan said:

Might sell a few more seats 😆

would be nice to see a decent crowd in for a change.

I hope so including all the young ones that were in the north stand for the Dundee United game plus more.  I would expect Hibs to have 1000 plus so all we need to do is put on a bit of style and win the game!

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, robbo1985 said:

Communication from the club that tickets now available to season ticket holders but on the ticketing site only match available to buy tickets for is QP.

The article on the club website implies they are available in the shop to season ticket holders now. I was going to pop in later as I’m in town so will let you know if I get mine:

https://ictfc.com/match-info-hibernian-h-10-02-2024/

21 minutes ago, Robert said:

The article on the club website implies they are available in the shop to season ticket holders now. I was going to pop in later as I’m in town so will let you know if I get mine:

Thanks Robert they have added season ticket holder's reserved seats to the online portal now 👍

53 minutes ago, robbo1985 said:

Thanks Robert they have added season ticket holder's reserved seats to the online portal now 👍

They must have read your post  :smile:

• Funny 1

On 1/24/2024 at 8:13 PM, IBM said:

I hope so including all the young ones that were in the north stand for the Dundee United game plus more.  I would expect Hibs to have 1000 plus so all we need to do is put on a bit of style and win the game!

Speaking to a hibby pal this morning and he was claiming they would bring about 3000. I said they would get the south stand (2500) but didn’t think they would sell out. He said they had 3000 at Forfar so you never know.

Edited by The Mantis
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Robert said:

I found it a bit confusing as at first glance I thought you had to save your ST seat by Tuesday. After the 30th they go on general sale but they must be avoiding selling ST holders seats to others as you can still keep your seat till 6th feb. Thought it would make more sense to do it the other way round - buy your own seat by the 30th then just have an open sale with what’s left?