FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ROLL CALL FOR DINGWALL!

caley89

:015: :015: :015:

Were discussing this very topic at the game today !!! D'ya think they'll allow ICT colours in the Gretna end next sat ? :021:

You'd probably stand out from the other 9  :004:

Guest Atholl

Were discussing this very topic at the game today !!! D'ya think they'll allow ICT colours in the Gretna end next sat ? :021:

Predominantly Black College style scarves available at Club Shop could be worn not showing badge until in the ground....  :014:

Well I'll be watching the mighty ICT myself but I don't live in Sneck so I can see your point.

A wee part of me wants to see County upset the Gretna bottlewagon. It's not in County's own hands to stay up though, as even if they beat £retna I'm sure Airdrie will be fighting for their lives at QOS.

I wish we could have a bit of that last-day action in the SPL, the first division is the place to be next week for sure.

myself and two friends are thinkin of goin up to dingwall next saturday to see county (hopefully) get relegated :014:

was just wondering if there was any others thinking the same?? :015:

Al be with you in spirit :021: :021: :022: :015:

Guest Atholl

Actually....would a draw screw up both gretna and Tinks as long as St J do the bizz?

$retna would go up on goal difference with that scenario .. RCs fate would depend on the Airdrie result .. I think..

Guest Atholl

$retna would go up on goal difference with that scenario

No they wouldn't, they'd lose the championship by a point.

No they wouldn't indeed.  :book01:

Were discussing this very topic at the game today !!! D'ya think they'll allow ICT colours in the Gretna end next sat ?

i was thinking bout wearin ma caley top under a jumper then when it looks deifnte that county are goin down il take it off  :015: :015: :021:

Really wish I could be threre.  I'm in Germany next weekend, which will be fantastic, but I think Dingwall on Saturday is what the first division is all about.

We wore ICT colours in the Gretna end at Hampden last year, so I wouldn't expect a problem.  Go for it.  :021: :021:

I’ve never been one of those folk who’s into this whole phoney Highland brethren nonsense and have no desire to see County prosper as the area clearly cannot support two SPL sides. However, I’ve mixed emotions about them going down as they’ve obviously proved to be a decent recruitment source for us over the years and the step up from second division to SPL might prove too great for the Rankins and Cowies of the future. Lower to mid-table first division obscurity would be my preference.

I would be very disappointed to see our fans in the Gretna end gloating at County’s probable demise.  Most undignified and lacking in class imho.  It would also suggest they are in some way serious rivals which is obviously no longer the case. The hated Airdrie and their plastic hun, buckfast swilling support are a side I would gladly see relegated before County.

Similarly the thought of ICT fans supporting Gretna at the cup final last season still makes me cringe with embarrassment.

Nothing would please me more than seeing Mileson’s millionaires stuck in first division limbo for eternity.  As previously stated Gretna are everything that’s wrong with the modern game.

although i can't stand Gretna for buying their way to glory, i still hate county more than any others! thats wat rivalries are all about in my opinion anyway. and for the guy above i couldnt give 2 hoots if it's not classy about caley fans going in th Gretna end n gloatin about county's (hopeful) relegation. i could garuntee you that plenty of county fans would be doing the same if it was us in a relegation battle!!

i could garuntee you that plenty of county fans would be doing the same if it was us in a relegation battle!!

That's the point ymip's making though. We should have more dignity than that.

dignity??its blooming football.ur supposed 2 h8 every other club that u dnt support.especially ur biggest rivals.so ur saying if man u were going 2 get relegated on the last gme of the season,it was v bolton nd ur saying that the man city fans would try and keep their "dignity" and not go to see their fierce rivals get relegated?i dnt think so!!

especially ur biggest rivals

What, Ross County? Don't make me laugh! Nairn County maybe  :015: :015: :015: :015:

man city fans would try and keep their "dignity" and not go to see their fierce rivals get relegated?

Don't be silly. Man U are a massive club and everybody hates them. If City were going down like County, the Man U fans would be like us, a few would want them to go. Most folk would either not give a toss, or want them to stay up.

Judging from the textspeak, (once I manage to succeed in the busman's holiday of deciphering what he actually means) roscoe23 is possibly of a generation which is too young to remember the days when there was REAL rivalry between ICT and Ross County. I'm talking about the mid 90s when a then Division 3 record of very nearly 5000 packed into Telford Street one midweek night for a Highland Derby... the kind of Clash of Titans which was never complete without a couple of red cards and several yellows. And crowds on both sides of the Firth got even bigger than that after the Caledonian Stadium opened in 1996.

Thanks largely to Steve Paterson and many of the players he signed, Caley Thistle in 1997 won the Third Division and what was a critical race to become the first promoted side from up here. The advantage gained there played a significant part in the advantage which ICT now have and it was at that point that I think the real rivalry also died.

Really, nowadays there is no rivalry to speak of at all, nor has there been for some years, and indeed it was on the decline even when the two North clubs had reached the First Division. Certainly over the last four or five years on this site, a fairly regular stream of County "banter" has almost completely dried up.

But even if that intense rivalry was still there, I just don't see the justification for hoping County go down. It's crazy! For goodness sake, the rest of Scotland kept the Highlands out of national league football for decades. So now that reprentation has been achieved in a major way, why should anyone up here want to see it diminish in any way?

Even if you're a diehard Caley Thistle fan who doesn't like Ross County all that much, can you not accept that your team is currently well ahead in the rivalry stakes and nothing will be achieved by County going down? Or is there still enough insecurity among some ICT fans that thery still feel they're looking over their shoulders at County and would only feel secure if they got an even greater comfort margin?