Kelty/ Is this a joke - merged thread

We will have to get caley100 to speak to his 'Wee birdie' again or we will have to wait till next week for an official announcement.

13 minutes ago, IBM said:

We will have to get caley100 to speak to his 'Wee birdie' again or we will have to wait till next week for an official announcement.

Yeah...birdie was sure the tweets were happening tonight.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, caley100 said:

Yeah...birdie was sure the tweets were happening tonight.

What happened, could you not get your legal team to complete the deal quickly enough?!

• Funny 2

Where are you guys hearing that that it’s good news and when can we expect this news? I wish people would stop vaguely hinting at things. It just gets people’s hopes up for no reason.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 7

5 minutes ago, KennySim93 said:

Where are you guys hearing that that it’s good news and when can we expect this news? I wish people would stop vaguely hinting at things. It just gets people’s hopes up for no reason.

We have to wait for Mr Resigned to issue the statement .

• Thank You 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, dougal said:

image.gif.8509f112c4509a133f44532dad991182.gif

Ha Ha..  that's a funny one from you.....   makes a change!😁

This waiting is doing my feckin head in!!

2 hours ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Well I would say the fact we aren’t going bust is good news. At this point, anything more is a bonus.

Are we not?Have I missed something ??

• Like 2

6 hours ago, robbylad said:

No news usually is. 

That was my first thought too but given the history of damning silence from this board I don’t think the usual adage applies to ICT.

• Agree 3

36 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

That was my first thought too but given the history of damning silence from this board I don’t think the usual adage applies to ICT.

And on it goes yet again Gardiner still running the s**t show so no point releasing season tickets whilst majority want him well shot of  beforehand . Resigned means Resigned  au revoir, chow , good riddance.  
Would an employee and yes just an employee in any other job continue as before after failure after failure and not be told to just go now ? 
Unbelievable silence yet again and getting boring . Would any other club in the uk treat fans in this way ? NO 

ICT board , Playing fans like fools where the biggest fools are the current board. Embarrassing .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, caley1 said:

And on it goes yet again Gardiner still running the s**t show so no point releasing season tickets whilst majority want him well shot of  beforehand . Resigned means Resigned  au revoir, chow , good riddance.  
Would an employee and yes just an employee in any other job continue as before after failure after failure and not be told to just go now ? 
Unbelievable silence yet again and getting boring . Would any other club in the uk treat fans in this way ? NO 

ICT board , Playing fans like fools where the biggest fools are the current board. Embarrassing .

Steady on. Plenty of other clubs have treated their fans like this.

As most have alluded to, Gardiner probably has responsibilities that can't just be passed over, whether by design or by accident. He is also, as an employee of the club, within his rights to work his notice period, unless the club want to pay him off. Which, if he has duties and responsibilites that can't just be handed off over night means that he needs to stay to properly hand them over.

I'd rather an actual responsible exchange of power over someone walking away and us getting caught out with all sorts of nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Well Said 4
  • Thoughtful 1

I would imagine that the insolvency practitioner will be heavily reliant on SG for knowledge of the club’s current state of affairs and for information needed by potential investors too. The chairman bailed out, and the rest of the board seem even less hands-on than he was, and every single one of them declined the opportunity to take temporary charge. 

There’s a lot of work needed to save the club and it helps to have someone with a bit of knowledge and experience than to have an even bigger void than there already is. So long as SG’s presence is a very short term arrangement, it’s surely better than the alternative, like it or not.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

I wouldn't trust the very people that have run the club into the ground to hand anything over in a professional and business like manner.

They are all failures and have failed the club that they should have seen prosper, why should they be any different now?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 3

32 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I would imagine that the insolvency practitioner will be heavily reliant on SG for knowledge of the club’s current state of affairs and for information needed by potential investors too. The chairman bailed out, and the rest of the board seem even less hands-on than he was, and every single one of them declined the opportunity to take temporary charge. 

There’s a lot of work needed to save the club and it helps to have someone with a bit of knowledge and experience than to have an even bigger void than there already is. So long as SG’s presence is a very short term arrangement, it’s surely better than the alternative, like it or not.

It would be nice to know how short is short Has there been any official statement on his resignation ?  Be nice to know  as us as fans can get back behind the team and support our team . I for 1 like many would not trust SG with anything after his past record with us and his previous clubs .  I’d have everything overlooked  in what he does . 
I think he talks a good game . Knowledge I’m not so sure . 

• Agree 1

I spoke to someone earlier this evening who phoned the stadium this afternoon, hoping to book the Kingsmills Suite for a function in August, but whoever answered was unwilling to accept the booking, apparently because they couldn’t be certain of what was going to happen.

Apart from anything that anyone might want to infer there about prospects of survival, if the club is going to continue, there’s clearly an ongoing paralysis in terms of taking opportunities to raise cash.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Sad 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Reluctantly, I think I have to agree with you.  A competent Board would have sufficient business knowledge for a situation like this and a competent CEO would have made sure that relevant information about the club's affairs were accessible and understood both by the Board and by relevant staff who should be sufficiently trained to allow them to routinely cover in the CEO's absence.  Unfortunately we have a Board that appears to have adopted a blind faith in Gardiner and have left him to it with little scrutiny over the years.  The CEO himself clearly likes the power his position gives him.  Knowledge is power and keeping knowledge from others makes his position more powerful.  Sadly, the combination of the 2 probably makes him indispensable just now.

Gardiner has resigned and will be leaving the club.  He will need to find work elsewhere and it will be in his interests to be as helpful as he possibly can in assisting the club to achieve the best outcome possible from the unholy mess he and the board have created.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

On top of all the incompetent, ignorant and disrespectful acts committed by the custodians of our club , they leave us hanging and anxious about the future of our club at a time we should be carefree and looking forward to Scotland at the euros. I’m trying to focus on Scotland but my mind is continually wandering back to whether I have a team to come back to. Thank you to the board, you’re ruining this for me as well.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1