FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Marius Niculae Signs For ICT

kencar

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people have said that this could denigrate our team spirit.  However, I wonder if this is the case.  What sort of team spirit do the players have if they are going to let wage differences affect their performances?  You would expect that from prima donnas and football brats (your Anelka's, Berkovic', Van Hoojidonks) but surely our players should be able to put this to one side?  I have been in the situation where I have earned more money than colleagues who were better at their jobs than me and who were more expeirenced, and I have also been in the situation where I have earned less than just about everyone I have worked with - mature people just get on with things.  Hopefully this guy isn't your stereotypical crazy foreigner though.

As long as we aren't mortgaging our future on this guy, and from the sounds of it we aren't, I think this is an excellent signing.

Since that means we have the following strikers available...

Marius Niculae

Dennis Wyness

Graham Bayne

Rory McAllister

Dean McDonald

Surely it would make some sense to send Rory out on loan for 6months to get some experience/confidence??

We could have even more strikers if CC signs up one of these trialists...

Since that means we have the following strikers available...

Marius Niculae

Dennis Wyness

Graham Bayne

Rory McAllister

Dean McDonald

Surely it would make some sense to send Rory out on loan for 6months to get some experience/confidence??

We could have even more strikers if CC signs up one of these trialists...

I'll pay Rory to leave!  :015:

Fantastic signing and look forward to seeing him in some of the friendlies over the next couple of weeks.

Romania is indeed in the EU, however Romania were told that any people looking to come to the UK to live, they would be subject to a work permit application.  Usually the work permit application looks at the applicants credentials, e.g. a Romanian doctor looking to come here would have to provide medical certificates etc.  In this particular case, Mr Niculae will be asked to present his caps and being that has has 26, he SHOULD have no bother at all!  :crazy07:

Guest sophia

Marius,

Welcome to Inverness.

I'm excited by this move and hope you will prove to be a big hit.

I wondered if anything would actually happen when the club announced an Eastern European connection at the launch of season ticket sales some weeks ago.

I'm delighted that my cynicism was, on this occasion, unfounded.

No need for Rory to go out on loan.

If he is in need of a confidence booster all he requires is an instruction to not come anywhere near this site.

First, congratulations to the Chairman for facilitating this move. Now Donald has to get him fit. It kinda reminds me of Paul Ritchie's late arrival pre-season.

Secondly, to Marius and his family, I think you will enjoy the fresh air in the Highlands. It's a great place to work!!!

Thirdly, I still support Rory to the hilt and know he will prove a few people wrong. This signing will inspire him.

Fourthly, to the Romanian  TV Crews, we have the only truly Highland kilted singing section in the world.

Guest TinCanFan

Niculae will official sign tomorrow (Wednesday) because of the work permit issue.  I think it's time for Garry Wood and/or Rory McAllister to go out on loan.

"The player returned to Inverness on Monday evening and we had talks today (Tuesday) which saw Marius agree to significantly reduce his initial financial requirements.
  :022:

We're delighted to be able to assist manager Charlie Christie in securing a player he wanted.

This has been assisted by sponsorship from The Orion Group, headed by club chairman Alan Savage.

the club directors were very keen to help the manager strengthen for the new SPL campaign.

I think the above is all very positive and goes some way to settling the nerves in terms of the potential negative effect this signing could have had on the club's finances.  It also highlights the commitment of Alan Savage to ICT as this is (I believe) the first real financial injection we have seen from him and you have to respect anyone willing to put their money where their mouth is - so  :021: to him for that.

Anyone want to bet on a capacity crowd at Clach tomorrow night?

Now Donald has to get him fit.

feck me .... thought you meant CaleyD when I first read this post !!!

Like CaleyD, whose glass is once again half-full, I feel a bit more relieved at the press release. Apart from a minor quibble about them actually getting his International appearances wrong, the rest of the content of the release is heartening indeed. He's taken a significant reduction in what he first wanted in wages, Orion are presumably paying the overflow between the upper limit of the wage structure and the final salary, and just the tone in general gives the impression that we are indeed beginning to move forward without putting ourselves in financial jeopardy.

:021: :021: