FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Marius Niculae Signs For ICT

kencar

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with u rig.don't know how much of that is true.but i do reckon he's on about 4k and in the sun there was an article about a player re-volt because of it.but then again it was the sun.

Yeah someone mentioned it in this thread I think. Like you say it is The Sun and they do have a habit of, well, talking crap.

If you seperate the quotes from the journalists padding it actually reads as if the players are remaining positive about the whole thing and have placed trust in the board to ensure they receive their just rewards when the time comes - don't think you could ask for fairer comment than that IMO.

Agree with that CD. My interpretation is that Blackie is saying what all the squad are probably thinking and that is: if we put in the work ethic, and with a big name player on board, we can show the board and the fans that we can all deliver and reap the rewards.

I'm sure signings like Marius will boost the gate reciepts, get us higher up the table and better cup runs and, ultimately, boost the funds available to reward all those who put in the effort.

Every player at this club knows that, if they were somewhere else, there will be big differences the earnings of each individual. They also know that the higher earners have to justify what they get and work harder to maintain their place in the team.

Agree with that CD. My interpretation is that Blackie is saying what all the squad are probably thinking and that is: if we put in the work ethic, and with a big name player on board, we can show the board and the fans that we can all deliver and reap the rewards.

I'm sure signings like Marius will boost the gate reciepts, get us higher up the table and better cup runs and, ultimately, boost the funds available to reward all those who put in the effort.

Every player at this club knows that, if they were somewhere else, there will be big differences the earnings of each individual. They also know that the higher earners have to justify what they get and work harder to maintain their place in the team.

Good post - fully agree with that.

I am pretty sure that the Celtic team didn't moan when Larsson was on his £xx,000 a week deal and they were winning everything in Scotland. Of course there will be differences in what players earn. I think it's just not been much of an issue at ICT until now. It's almost an unusual situation for us to be in. How often do we sign international players?  :015:

Not read the Retards story but I guess it's much the same as this:

*Ian Blacks Take On Things*

The Daily Retard have stated that his additional income is from sponsors money and I would have thought that somewhere along the line the players must have a win bonus scheme that will be the recipient of this players efforts - if he is as good as his publicity.

Sources outwith the club prepared to part with their hard earned profits to part fund a player, who in turn is going to make money for the other players and they, along with Black, are complaining about this?? I don't think so!!  Paper talk indeed!

I am reliably informed that he is on the same basic wage that was offered to Dargo - so that is why they are saying that he doesnt break the clubs wage bracket. BUT the "sponsors" are paying him bonus payments fer practically everything - e.g so much extra fer a starting appearance, fer a goal, fer a win etc.,etc. These bonuses evidently are higher than yer other player. That may be a bone of contention but if he produces the goods he gets the spondoolachs. And if he attracts more bums to the seats then the other players wages will potentially increase as well.

We are taking a risk but it is not as if we will lose out if financially if he crocks himself.

Would he not be able to play as a trialist?  :024:

I don't think so so as he has signed a professional deal therefore cannot appear as a trialist/amateur as Dempsey did for Aberdeen.

Because he is now under contract he is in effect an employee of the club so he will not be allowed to play until his work permit arrives. As a free agent there would not be this issue as he wouldn't be drawing a wage for it. Hope the permit arrives soon.

I don't think playing Niculae in the friendlies is a good idea incase he gets injured.

He needs the match fitness and I for one would prefer he didn't have to get it during league matches, but that may be the case.

He couldn't have signed a contract of employment with the club unless his work permit had cleared.  What the club were waiting for was the SPL/SFL registration red tape to clear and that (supposedly) happened late last night or early this morning.

I don't think playing Niculae in the friendlies is a good idea incase he gets injured.

Perhaps you aren't aware of the concept of getting match fit??

We have signed potentially an excellent player who has played 6 games of 'high' level football this year!! If ever anybody needed match practice its him!!