FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Football's Most Hated Words

Guest TinCanFan

This one always gets me;

Suggesting that a club is a massive club(sleeping giant) and should be in a higher league..... :008:

A club is where it is on merit so what if it has played at the highest level or get 5 times more crowd than anyone else or comes from a big city etc.

"If you want entertainment go to a cinema" Blobby Williamson. What a sh*t footballing philosophy.  :001:

Agreed...although no more than you'd expect from The Blob.  :017:

"Thank you for tuning in to BBC Scotland...we're sorry but the programme you have selected is not currently available online. We do stream many...blah blah blah."

How many f-ing times have I heard that crap in the last 4 years?!  :020:

"Thank you for tuning in to BBC Scotland...we're sorry but the programme you have selected is not currently available online. We do stream many...blah blah blah."

How many f-ing times have I heard that crap in the last 4 years?!  :020:

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: - yup, that is definitely up there along with the other message "due to contractual obligations, we are unable to bring you the current program ....... "

or if you want written words .... "[only available to listeners in the UK]"

Just watching Blackburn vs Mypa 47 game on C5........and in conjunction with my last post on this matter..........Colin Murray has just used the "meat and potatoes" line........... :008: its up there with the meat and drink quotes.

Another individual that was good for churning out drivel was Ron Atkinson, with his homemade terms..........like "lollypops" for the Ronaldo stepover

That reminds me of one I heard recently on BBC Radio 4....

We would like to apologise to listeners in Scotland for a half-hour break in our transmission.

We hope it didn't spoil your enjoyment of "30 minute theatre"..... :tic01: 

there must be a way around the radio thing, possibly an illegal way but it doesn't seem that difficult a problem on the face of it

It never used to be an issue and on the face of it the problem doesnt seem that complex, find a uk based proxy server, set your browser to use that and hey presto the BBC thinks you are in the UK ..... but wait, it cant be that easy ...... and it isnt. I am not sure how the BBC do it, but their techs have managed to make the security and location detection very strong, especially if you use real player and I have yet to get it to work any time I have tried ..... on days when ICT matches arent available, i tend to just listen to whichever game is available and wait for the half-time and full-time reports

There was a website dedicated to bypassing the BBC blocking measures but it was hit with legal action and shut down pretty quick ..... unfortunately, you get used to it and my initial optmism that I could bypass the system was replaced with 'cant be @rsed' !!

The solution is for ICT to do what other clubs with PTV sites have done and that is to enable the "<insert club name> WORLD" service ... got to the Rangers, Kilmarnock, Hearts or some of the other SPL sites provided by PTV and you can buy audio/video packages right off the site .... go to the ICT one and nothing. nada. zip.