FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Case for Pele

Strathman

Guest birdog

[

so what happened at aberdeen :024:

Too much pressure to take a mediocre team back to the top on a shoestring budget, I think given the time and with only SPL survival as an expectation to begin with Pele would thrive back in charge of ICT.

Guest TheSmiddy

How about appointing Pele as director of football, and get Grasser to clean the windows.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I like your style

How about appointing Pele as director of football, and get Grasser to clean the windows.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I like your style

Nothing would have greater poetry than for Pele to return and take us to Europe. I would love it, but it aint gonna happen.

He had/has his problems, which, like CC, have a pressure sensitive cut-off point. He may have changed, but I doubt it. Like CC, I think he has the ability, but not the temperament.

However, I am very surprised that the club haven't approached him in a scouting capacity.

None!!

Went to an SPL club - pressure - couldn't hack it - end of! (Blame Miller if you like but I think it was Millers)  Is he not going to be under pressure here?

Nice Guy - Fosters team spirit(I will refrain from the Fosters line) How often did he attack the young players HE had put on the field, in print, following a bad result ''Not fit for playing in the Highland League'' is one quote I recall. Aye, super help to team spirit!

If he was all that good he would have been snapped up even as a back room staff member, by a big outfit, long ago.

He is a has been that provided us with a base to work from and lots of super memories.

I actually think it's Peles tough streak that is missing right now.

He wouldn't be my first choice as replacement, but his willingness to crack heads wouldn't be among my reasons for voting elsewhere.

This is the SPL, not nursery school and a few of our players could do with a firm dose of reality before things get much worse.

The thought of Pele at ICT gives me a warm glow  :010 :010: :010: :010: :010:

That guy gave us some of the best days of our lives.

Who knows what state his head's in these days? What do the Tete-de-Pierre fans think?

Guest TinCanFan

One game stands out for me think it was 5-3 home to Queen of the South :024:. Pele is in the past and that's where he should stay. We have got to start showing ambition to get where we want to be.

Your right he's in the past but so is Brewster so I hope he stays there.  I'd rather see Paterson back than Brewster though.

Pele will be back in the SPL with or without us. Give him a couple of years and he'll have Peterhead in the first division - possibly playing against ICT, then other clubs will start looking at him, although I honestly think he has what it takes to get there even with a club like Peterhead. Has everyone forgotten the fact that the man was nothing short of a football genius??!! A flawed genius perhaps, but a genius none the less. :clapping03:

He's doing so well with Peterhead he nearly got them relegated last year and got thrashed 4-1 by the mighty Alloa Athletic in the first game this season.

He is not proven in the SPL and should not be a candidate, much as I appreciated what he did in the lower leagues with ICT.

Personally I think it could be too soon for Pele to get back into the top flight with the pressures that brings. The guy is still recovering from his past problems and, just now, he is enjoying both his careers. Until he's 100% sure that he can give up one career and take the other on full time, without the need to drown his sorrows, he will stay as he is.

Pele was a legend, a flawed genious. We played some amazing ENTERTAINING football, which hasn't been witnessed much since his departure. He moved to Aberdeen apparently under much pressure from Shearer. His experience in the spl was unpleasant and short lived. Exactly like that of both Robertson and Brewster. Of the 3 i would ask which was the better football manager with experience and the only answer is Pele.

Not too keen on the idea of going back at all but of the 3 Pele would be my chioce.

I have to say that nostalgia pleads a case for Pele to return but what seems to stand out to me is the HUGE gamble that would be taken by his appointment at the club - not only is this a massive step up from peterhead on so many levels but shouldn't Inverness as a club be looking to activly move forwards and upwards. Weather we can afford the sheffield golden boy is another story and of course whoever we appoint there is going to be a gamble involved but I'm really not sure Pele is the man for the job. I don't like the idea of brewster or robbo coming back much at all but i have to say I can see the club going for Brewster out of those three - I hope not though.